How to set up multiple joysticks?

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: How to set up multiple joysticks?

Post by Cholmondely »

arquebus wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:25 am
I didn't have to; while I did state that I have a "Saitek X56", that's the name it retained even after the original company was bought by Logitech. It's a Logitech device, and it's running the current Logitech drivers, with the current Logitech software installed. The issue in Oolite isn't really covered by Logitech's knowledge base, either. They don't really know what to do when the device is recognized by the program but not assignable.
Arquebus - now that you have it working, and since you still dabble in Oolite, is there any chance of publishing your bindings for your Saitek joystick so that we can add them to our Joysticks: Guide to Setting Up wiki page? You never showed your throttle bindings - or if you altered the joystick settings once the throttle was up and running...

Hoping that all is well with you over on that most peculiar continent that you decided to live on (as evidenced by the way they pronounce "buoy"... Oh boy!)!

And did you ever try any of the personality ship oxp's? Missionaries, Hotrods, Xpat/Refugee Adder, Iron Ass Vol 5 (Murgh's Finnish Scrubs), and the new version of Personalities.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: How to set up multiple joysticks?

Post by arquebus »

I never actually got the throttle working as a throttle within Oolite. I ended up having to use the external Logitech program to map the throttle into thirds: bottom third, decelerate; middle third, nothing; upper third, accelerate. It's a kludge and I wish there were a better way.

I haven't tried those OXPs yet! I'm actually planning to start a season 3 soon... maybe in a month or so, depending on the schedule clearing up on another series.
Here is my YouTube channel, where I play poorly: Arquebus X