[RELEASE] Goods Container

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Reval
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: At home in the Xexedi Cluster, driving an FE Asp II, Laenina's Flux.

Re: [RELEASE] Goods Container

Post by Reval »

Then I appear to have misapprehended the thrust of your argument (which, I admit, was not entirely clear to me, and still isn't entirely).

But these accessories and weapons are external - you simply have to take the manufacturers' word for it (or use a bit of imagination). It is irrelevant, in my view, whether we can see them or have pictorial evidence of them - we just know they exist in-game.

Perhaps you should start a separate thread on this subject? - This one is for update-announcements, principally...
Dor 'call me Grocer' Reval (a Xexedian Laver) was always considered a little backward.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Reval wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:04 am
Then I appear to have misapprehended the thrust of your argument (which, I admit, was not entirely clear to me, and still isn't entirely).

But these accessories and weapons are external - you simply have to take the manufacturers' word for it (or use a bit of imagination). It is irrelevant, in my view, whether we can see them or have pictorial evidence of them - we just know they exist in-game.

Perhaps you should start a separate thread on this subject? - This one is for update-announcements, principally...
I've only just realised! You made it to Oolite ranking with your number of bb posts - and in no time flat! Congratulations!!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Reval
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Reval »

Thank you! - most kind. Your own Ascension to the storied realm is not far off, I see (256 would appear to be the magic number).

But back to the topic-in-hand:

Important tip

If you buy a GC and the installation fails to 'take' (ie. you do not see the 'Fitting Goods Container #...' console message and then notice your cargo space hasn't changed), simply select 'Unmount and sell all pylon mounted weapons' and re-buy.

So far, I have been unable to ascertain why failures occasionally occur. It does seem to follow the purchase of a new ship, though. Perhaps someone with greater Javascripting experience could help me solve this one, as it has proven beyond my present meagre abilities...
Dor 'call me Grocer' Reval (a Xexedian Laver) was always considered a little backward.
Reval
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Reval »

Goods Container 5 TC, version 1.2

Now in the Manager and on the Wiki.

An externally mounted cargo cannister, installed on any available missile hardpoint. This is the 5-ton variant for 5000 cr (tech level 6+).

Trade well!
Reval
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Reval »

Goods Container 10 TC, version 1.2

An externally mounted cargo cannister, installed on any available missile hardpoint. This is the 10-ton variant for 10000 cr (tech level 6+).

Trade well!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Intriguing Bug:
Slartibartfast wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:39 pm
:wink:

i had bought 10to "cargo on pylon" for my former ship.
and fired ( launched) it accidentally in a battle.

and this happened.
- the 10to cargo extension explodes like a quirium mine ( strange )
- the pylon is free ( as expected )
- the 10to more cargo space remains ( nice :wink: )

matthias
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:15 pm
Intriguing Bug:
Can't be, since all the authors OXP's are well tested it should be a hidden feature, for sure it wouldn't be a bug. :roll:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hi

as far as i remember there was another issue

When saving the game with full cargo ( normal +10to )
the 10to ( maybe computers) are gone after loading the saved game ( with not launched pylon mounted cargo container )
it should be a hidden feature
that it explodes -- maybe

but carrying 40to more with a Cobra ( or 60to with Cobra XT ) without loosing the free pylons
--- i don' t think so

matthias

edit:
-- i just grubbed for my old Cobra XT -- tested -> now 60to ( 30 +10 +20 ) Cargo Space
and 6 missiles

30to -"normal"
10to -large Cargo Bay
20to - 2 fired cargo conrtainers ( nice explosions :wink: )
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Slartibartfast wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:08 pm
Hi

as far as i remember there was another issue

When saving the game with full cargo ( normal +10to )
the 10to ( maybe computers) are gone after loading the saved game ( with not launched pylon mounted cargo container )
it should be a hidden feature
that it explodes -- maybe

but carrying 40to more with a Cobra ( or 60to with Cobra XT ) without loosing the free pylons
--- i don' t think so

matthias

edit:
-- i just grubbed for my old Cobra XT -- tested -> now 60to ( 30 +10 +20 ) Cargo Space
and 6 missiles

30to -"normal"
10to -large Cargo Bay
20to - 2 fired cargo conrtainers ( nice explosions :wink: )
Sorry to confuse you, my prior comment was meant to be sarcastic. Most likely, there are bugs in this package.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

One way to settle this - given that there are models for missiles and for cargo containers, how does the size of a missile compare to a cargo container. Bigger? Smaller?

One possible restriction I'd suggest - there might be a regulation against using them for cargo contracts (as opposed to loading them up with stuff you're buying and selling for yourself) since the insurers won't cover them. That way the largest cargo you can get under contract would be the normal capacity with any hold expansion.
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by arquebus »

Reval wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:24 pm
Goods Container 10 TC, version 1.2

An externally mounted cargo cannister, installed on any available missile hardpoint. This is the 10-ton variant for 10000 cr (tech level 6+).

Trade well!
I'm running this version of the OXP but my TC10 container isn't showing up - I'm not getting any increased storage. The pylon shows that it is occupied by the equipment, but nothing changes in the overall cargo capacity of the ship. What can I look for to track down the problem?
Here is my YouTube channel, where I play poorly: Arquebus X
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

arquebus wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:08 am
What can I look for to track down the problem?
Anything that changes the default cargo space of a ship. Some ship OXPs are based on core ships, but expand the default cargo space (the Adder has a couple of OXPs that do this). Ship Configuration will adjust cargo space, and I’m sure there are others.
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by arquebus »

phkb wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:40 am
arquebus wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:08 am
What can I look for to track down the problem?
Anything that changes the default cargo space of a ship. Some ship OXPs are based on core ships, but expand the default cargo space (the Adder has a couple of OXPs that do this). Ship Configuration will adjust cargo space, and I’m sure there are others.
Hm... I'm pretty sure I don't have anything like that installed. I don't have Ship Configuration and I'm running on a stock Cobra III.

Unfortunately it looks like the issue may be unrecoverable for my save. I wasn't able to get Goods Container to work even after pulling all other OXPs out of the load.
Here is my YouTube channel, where I play poorly: Arquebus X
Alucard
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Alucard »

I have also noticed the found a bug.

When remove a Container the Ships cargo capacity remains the same i.e. A Cobra IV with extra cargo is 60T by adding 2 Containers you have 80T, when the containers are removed the Ship still has 80T capacity.

Note: I have tried deleting the Cache on start and capacity remains at 80T, also tried a Cobra 3, Cadi Alpha and Omega, Vampire Redux and VI, Xarik and Firefly Class Transport
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hi Alucard

have you read the here 5 or 6 post above? :wink:

matthias
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard