[RELEASE] Repair Bots v2.11

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: [RELEASE] Repair Bots v2.11

Post by UK_Eliter »

In Notepad, I see the strange characters too:

Code: Select all

17:59:01.366 [strings.expand.warning.unknownPercentEscape]: ----- WARNING: Unknown escape code in string: %䐠. (To encode a % sign without this warning, use %% - but prefer "percent" in prose writing.)
17:59:01.366 [strings.expand.warning.unknownPercentEscape]: ----- WARNING: Unknown escape code in string: %픠. (To encode a % sign without this warning, use %% - but prefer "percent" in prose writing.)
17:59:01.366 [strings.expand.warning.unknownPercentEscape]: ----- WARNING: Unknown escape code in string: %픬. (To encode a % sign without this warning, use %% - but prefer "percent" in prose writing.)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

UK_Eliter wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:27 pm
That is how it appears in the log - at least in the editor SublimeText; when I next see the error I'll open the log in a different editor and see whether there is a difference in the characters.
So... Longinus famously wrote a treatise on the nature of the sublime - and it became very important in the theory of art in the Georgian period (after Boileu translated it out of the original Greek into French). It was taken up by Edmund Burke amongst others (He defined the sublime as an artistic effect productive of the strongest emotion the mind is capable of feeling).

"The term especially refers to a greatness beyond all possibility of calculation, measurement, or imitation" (Wikipedia).

It was often depicted as a mysterious murky darkness in the paintings of the day: see https://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/ma ... ath-n05613.

This is obviously why SublimeText only gives you the one glyph, wheras Notepad gives you a less sublime selection.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Er, /unsubscribe SublimityFacts?

EDIT: :wink:
cag
Deadly
Deadly

Post by cag »

UK_Eliter wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:00 pm
Perhaps this is the wrong place to post, and I am unsure who, if anyone, is maintaining the Repair Bots expansion pack, but just now I encountered the following.

[script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: ***** JavaScript exception (Repair System 2.13): TypeError: this.$startSelfRepairSystem is not a function

It's a typo on line 388 of repairBots_System.js. Change

this.$startSelfRepairSystem("Resume");
to

this.$startRepairSystem("Resume");
"Better to be thought a fool, boy, than to open your trap and remove all doubt." - Grandma [over time, just "Shut your trap... fool"]
"The only stupid questions are the ones you fail to ask." - Dad
How do I...? Nevermind.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Thanks, cag. I appreciate the help. Applying the fix was fiddly but I've done it. Obviously it would be better were the maintainer of the expansion pack to incorporate the fix. Also, the 'unknownPercentEscape' error persists (And so seems unrelated to the other one.)
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

UK_Eliter wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:44 am
Also, the 'unknownPercentEscape' error persists (And so seems unrelated to the other one.)
I'm not sure if RepairBots is the culprit for that error. I've just gone through the code and config files in it and it doesn't have any percent symbols in any of it output targets. What action are you performing when the messages appear? If you uninstall the OXP and do those same actions (assuming the actions are unrelated to RepairBots), do you get the same messages?

Edit: Small addendum - there is one percent symbol in the equipment.plist file.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

phkb

Thanks for your work. I was not sure that the percent error was to do with Repair Bots. However, I removed Repair bots and then did some things - launched from main station, witchspaced a few times, flew around, when into interstellar space - and I did not see the percent error in my logs.

What do you mean by 'output targets', please?
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

But, ah: I've just flown around again - and witchspaced, but no time stuck in witchspace - and again I see the percentage errors.

I think that the OXP 'NavalGridNext'. which I installed recently, might be to blame. It has an equipment.plist file containing such things as:
"Remove Energy Grid for a refund of 40%."
The latest version of that OXP seems to by Dybal; I'll try to send Dybal a PM.
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

UK_Eliter wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:36 pm
All the places where the OXP sends output of some sort to the player. For example player.consoleMessage.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

phkb wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:24 pm
UK_Eliter wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:36 pm
All the places where the OXP sends output of some sort to the player. For example player.consoleMessage.
I only know about two of them:
consoleMessage() and logMessage() (where the latter is not really for the player)

Are there more?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

The only other one that comes to mind is player.commsMessage which is the audio version of player.consoleMessage. There might be others but those would best be left to someone with more knowledge to explain.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Another one that goes below the radar most of the times is player.audioMessage("your message here"), which dispatches a spoken message.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: [RELEASE] Repair Bots v2.14

Post by Cholmondely »

What is this?

17/08/2022 - Version 2.14

"Also now available a new repair system, which gives full damage control for any ship not already featuring it."
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Re: [RELEASE] Repair Bots v2.14

Post by Cholmondely »

Cholmondely wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:50 am
What is this?

17/08/2022 - Version 2.14

"Also now available a new repair system, which gives full damage control for any ship not already featuring it."
Another thought.

Crewed ships

The larger ships have a crew (eg Anaconda's have from 40-72 crew). The crew should be able to repair bits and bobs "automatically" in-flight with the captain/player merely needing to buy replacement parts when next docked.
Comments wanted: