Recovering "Lost" OXPs

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Recovering "Lost" OXPs

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:04 am
Maybe. I'm concerned about publishing the Galactic Navy and adding some sort of updating override. I also want to track down the missing OXP's and add them to the mix. And I'd love to do something about some of the Brilliant but broken...
Trust me, I would like GN updated and published as well. While we could create an override for some updates even with some creativity, I don't know about a way to upload the original. I would be happy if somebody could prove me wrong.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Hello everyone. It's been a while.

I see many posts about OXPs and resurrecting old ones. For posterity I am more than happy for people to play with, update, modify or otherwise abuse anything I've created for Oolite. I'll even provide an open letter to that effect if it's a "legal" requirement. All I ask (as ever) is that an "original work by Selezen" line is added to whatever descriptions or pages go with that work. Kind of like a CC BY-NC-SA thingy.

Ok - to address some of the stuff mentioned in April about the Seosu/Capisastra OXP.

Seosu as a world can easily exist in the Ooniverse without being on the maps. My personal Elite/Oolite headcanon is that the galaxy maps in the games are "censored" by GalCop to show ONLY GalCop members. Other planets (and note these are planets not systems) are obviously there hiding in the darkness but can't be accessed unless someone hacks the database or the hyperdrive. Likewise, obviously, there are going to be THOUSANDS of planets not shown in the map because either these are not member worlds or they have been removed for other reasons. Canon supports this, as the original Dark Wheel novel mentions one such planet. In game this is more or less "supported" as only habitable planets are featured in Oolite/Elite AND they are all around the same distance from the star (the goldilocks zone, if you like). Travel to other planets near an accessible one is not possible as there are no waypoints and no "jump drives" that allow fast enough travel to get to one in a reasonable time :)

If you want to expand the Seosu OXP to more than just a fun space invaders reference, then yeah - there could be legs in creating a story or mission set where the aim is to find the homeworld. In that case the "rogue planet" option would be best in my opinion - add a wandering world and give it a history. Sun went nova, Capisastra thrown to the stars becoming a race of reviled nomads. I have no issue with this. :)

There was a comment made about whether Capisastra ships would look like "space invaders" if they had advanced their technology to the place where they could hide the planet or some such. Well, did you wonder whether maybe that particular species has the same aesthetic drive as humans? Maybe blocky shapes are their preference - some visual or cultural drive tells them that blocky and simple designs are cool and appropriate ;-)

I didn't read through the whole thread afdter page 15, so apologies if I missed anything relevant here.

Just for info, and given that this site is currently taking approx 3 minutes to load every page I'm hoping that someone might be able to copy this to other relevant places on the forum for reference, I don't come online much any more due to work and personal committments. Best place to get hold of me if you want me is on Facebook Messenger (Selezen Lake) or through my website or by email - those things go direct to my phone now so I can get back to you about anything you need. Oddly, I'm not getting email notifications from this site anymore for PMs so apologies for missing them all recently.

Take care and see you in another fifteen years :)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Selezen wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:26 pm
Hello everyone. It's been a while.

Take care and see you in another fifteen years :)
You have a "PM"!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

It's been quite a while since my last visit, but this thread is one of the first I noticed. I've uploaded my oxp ships (Wolf's Variants) on Google Drive. I also attached the so-called neolite variants made by SimonB, but I cannot naturally give his permission for him.

For my part, the work I did with the variants, I give permission to someone to update the mods and make new skins or whatever else is required to get them up to date to the latest Oolite version. All I ask is a comment somewhere "Based on / Inspired by original work by Marko Susimetsä" or something similar (whatever is the usual way).

The ships included:
Cobra Rapier
Cobra Courier
Wolf Mk I
Drake Mk I
Drake Mk II
Asp Mk I
Asp Explorer

Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Wolfwood wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:58 pm
It's been quite a while since my last visit, but this thread is one of the first I noticed. I've uploaded my oxp ships (Wolf's Variants) on Google Drive. I also attached the so-called neolite variants made by SimonB, but I cannot naturally give his permission for him.

For my part, the work I did with the variants, I give permission to someone to update the mods and make new skins or whatever else is required to get them up to date to the latest Oolite version. All I ask is a comment somewhere "Based on / Inspired by original work by Marko Susimetsä" or something similar (whatever is the usual way).

The ships included:
Cobra Rapier
Cobra Courier
Wolf Mk I
Drake Mk I
Drake Mk II
Asp Mk I
Asp Explorer

Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Thank you a lot, while RL still keeps me busy it will be my pleasure to upload your, to the latest version of Oolite adapted, work to the manger. Obviously the credits will be yours. :wink:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Wolfwood wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:58 pm
It's been quite a while since my last visit
Did you write any Oolite fiction which we should include links to? The Frontier fiction seems unreachable.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Looking for:

1) oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.interfaces_screen.oxz - Where is it? What is it? What does it do?
Found it. It's Dockside Services.

2) {WIP} navy carrier upgrade. CNV Thor class. - Did any .oxp's of this ever get published?

3) What is this HUD and where does one find a copy?
elite-player wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:34 pm
Here's a few of mine.
Comments wanted:
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hello

I'm searching for "random docking music"
-all links i've found are broken :(

cheers
Matthias
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Slartibartfast wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:16 pm
Hello

I'm searching for "random docking music"
-all links i've found are broken :(

cheers
Matthias
Download link is updated, OXP is now available again. :wink:
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Slartibartfast »

THX very much ( downloaded (
Download link is updated, OXP is now available again. :wink:
..but testing tonight -- no! to much beer!

------------

i'll try to make it more "automatic ( first for linux/bash )
- copy/link all music you like in an external folder
- on startup oolite
- get randomly 10/20/30/?? of them / link to "docking musik folder"
- automatic add these to the list for this oxp
- listen after a hard fight

whether i can do this for other than linux? -- i don't know ( maybe i need much help )
- on linux - i think it should be no problem

matthias
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:14 am
2) {WIP} navy carrier upgrade. CNV Thor class. - Did any .oxp's of this ever get published?
I don't think anything was officially published, but I found something interesting from my archives. If I recall it correctly, Dertien sent this to me while I was working with the Behemoths. And if I remember correctly the oxp is more or less in a proof-of-concept state, so I did not include it. I think I took a shot at it, but there were too many problems and I gave up. If someone wants to take a look or something, here's the zip by Dertien including resources for the ship and an oxp: https://app.box.com/s/utgt7quduh96v9xwzr8qq5bsd80wsuuf
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

spara wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:10 pm
I don't think anything was officially published, but I found something interesting from my archives. If I recall it correctly, Dertien sent this to me while I was working with the Behemoths. And if I remember correctly the oxp is more or less in a proof-of-concept state, so I did not include it. I think I took a shot at it, but there were too many problems and I gave up. If someone wants to take a look or something, here's the zip by Dertien including resources for the ship and an oxp: https://app.box.com/s/utgt7quduh96v9xwzr8qq5bsd80wsuuf
Thank you a lot, as much as I checked this carrier is already part of the Behemoth OXP, please correct me if I am wrong.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

montana05 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:33 pm
spara wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:10 pm
Thank you a lot, as much as I checked this carrier is already part of the Behemoth OXP, please correct me if I am wrong.
From the top of my head I would say no The OXP includes Aegidians, ADCK's and SimonB's carriers. This one was a huge carrier that was never finished. Then again, I might might remember everything wrong :D
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

spara wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:15 pm
Then again, I might remember everything wrong
Hello spara - the older one gets, the more likely that becomes!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

spara wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:15 pm
From the top of my head I would say no The OXP includes Aegidians, ADCK's and SimonB's carriers. This one was a huge carrier that was never finished. Then again, I might might remember everything wrong :D
Well, you are correct, my bad. It seems I checked Cholmondely's link, not yours. :oops: