(WIP) Hermitage

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

szaumix
Deadly
Deadly

Re: (WIP) Hermitage

Post by szaumix »

phkb wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:03 am
Edit to add: At the moment, the plan for playtesting is to determine whether it's too easy or too hard to make a living. I don't want to turn this into a "free cash" money-making exercise, but at the same time, after sufficient investment of resources and time, it should get you to a point where it could be self-sufficient and operating without a lot of oversight. The journey to get to that point should be reasonably long.

Once you reach that point, I'll be looking for other external factors to come into play, along the lines of story elements and random happenings, any one of which might impede the flow of credits. But for now, we can at least determine if any of the base gameplay loops are making life too easy/hard.
I love the sound of that. OK now that I've reached oxp equilibrium I'm giving this another go, medium start. It sounds amazing these days.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

PM alert!

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:47 pm
The banquet was sumptuous, the dessert left me with indigestion. A bit rich for my tastes.
You have a "pm"!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Balisongdalo
Competent
Competent

Post by Balisongdalo »

Ran into issues loading hermitage oxp via the manual method on the add-on folder in the oolite install directory. Title screen shows I need smugglers, but I've installed the current version through the oolite starter app along with the necessary oxp's needed to run hermitage. I'm running windows 1.90 version of oolite with the current version of oolite starter app.
"Proof is in the eyes man, when you know, you know"
Flying the D.T.T. War Lance
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Balisongdalo wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:29 am
Ran into issues loading hermitage oxp via the manual method on the add-on folder in the oolite install directory. Title screen shows I need smugglers, but I've installed the current version through the oolite starter app along with the necessary oxp's needed to run hermitage. I'm running windows 1.90 version of oolite with the current version of oolite starter app.
is the new Black Market oxp installed? That is a prerequisite of Smugglers now
Balisongdalo
Competent
Competent

Post by Balisongdalo »

Yes it's installed through the starter app.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Weird. If all the prerequisites are there, but Hermitage says they’re not, it’s almost like you have two different installs in operation. Can you check the logs, to see if there any clues?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

I was wondering if you might have two different installations of Oolite and the one that you are using is missing Smugglers.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Balisongdalo
Competent
Competent

Post by Balisongdalo »

Here's my current log:

13:50:04.072 [oxp.requirementMissing]: OXP Hermitage.0.8.10.oxp had unmet requirements and was removed from the loading list
13:50:04.072 [dataCache.rebuild.datesChanged]: Cache is stale (modification dates have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
13:50:04.360 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 3840 x 2160
13:50:05.134 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 1
13:50:05.136 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 4.6.0 ("4.6.0 NVIDIA 546.33"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2".
13:50:05.136 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (401):
GL_NV_blend_square, GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_ARB_shader_viewport_layer_array, GL_ARB_direct_state_access, GL_NV_memory_attachment, GL_ARB_clear_texture, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_post_depth_coverage, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_EXT_texture_storage, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_ARB_query_buffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_EXT_sparse_texture2, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters, GL_NV_mesh_shader, GL_ARB_shading_language_include, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_NV_fragment_shader_interlock, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_texture_query_levels, GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport, GL_NV_fence, GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location, GL_ARB_stencil_texturing, GL_NV_conservative_raster, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_NV_draw_vulkan_image, GL_ARB_texture_view, GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_NVX_gpu_multicast2, GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect, GL_NV_texture_multisample, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object, GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_ARB_texture_stencil8, GL_KHR_no_error, GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge, GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_ARB_sample_locations, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_KHR_robustness, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_NV_conservative_raster_pre_snap, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_NV_shader_atomic_float, GL_NV_scissor_exclusive, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_shader_image_size, GL_NV_uniform_buffer_std430_layout, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_shader_image_load_formatted, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_NV_half_float, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_NV_shader_thread_shuffle, GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, GL_NV_stereo_view_rendering, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_NVX_multigpu_info, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_ARB_bindless_texture, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_NVX_linked_gpu_multicast, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_EXT_texture_filter_minmax, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_transform_feedback3, GL_ARB_shader_precision, GL_NV_gpu_program_fp64, GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced_coherent, GL_NV_shader_atomic_counters, GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_NV_query_resource, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_NV_shader_texture_footprint, GL_ARB_timer_query, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store, GL_NV_gpu_program4_1, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_ARB_cull_distance, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_NV_uniform_buffer_unified_memory, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_gl_spirv, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_NV_shader_subgroup_partitioned, GL_ARB_shader_ballot, GL_NV_gpu_multicast, GL_NV_shader_atomic_float64, GL_NVX_blend_equation_advanced_multi_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced, GL_NV_shader_atomic_int64, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_NV_shader_storage_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_ARB_sparse_buffer, GL_EXT_import_sync_object, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_NV_conservative_raster_pre_snap_triangles, GL_ARB_texture_filter_minmax, GL_NV_shading_rate_image, GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NVX_progress_fence, GL_NV_clip_space_w_scaling, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_clip_control, GL_NV_conservative_raster_dilate, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_NV_gpu_program5, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_transform_feedback2, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_KHR_shader_subgroup, GL_ARB_buffer_storage, GL_NV_compute_program5, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_NV_gpu_program5_mem_extended, GL_NV_conservative_raster_underestimation, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_NVX_nvenc_interop, GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_ARB_texture_barrier, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_memory_object_win32, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_copy_image, GL_ARB_gpu_shader_int64, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit, GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect, GL_NV_sample_mask_override_coverage, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_NV_gpu_shader5, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_NV_shader_atomic_fp16_vector, GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_NV_alpha_to_coverage_dither_control, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_NV_fragment_shader_barycentric, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_ARB_shader_clock, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load, GL_NV_feature_query, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_derivative_control, GL_ARB_conservative_depth, GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer, GL_EXT_win32_keyed_mutex, GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_ARB_ES3_2_compatibility, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_NV_path_rendering_shared_edge, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32, GL_EXT_window_rectangles, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_R8, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_EXT_texture_shadow_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_NV_fill_rectangle, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_OVR_multiview2, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_ARB_shader_group_vote, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_NV_blend_minmax_factor, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_memory_object, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_NV_internalformat_sample_query, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_sparse_texture_clamp, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_NV_viewport_swizzle, GL_NV_memory_object_sparse, GL_ARB_sparse_texture, GL_ARB_multi_bind, GL_KHR_debug, GL_EXT_multiview_timer_query, GL_NV_representative_fragment_test, GL_NV_framebuffer_mixed_samples, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_NV_ES3_1_compatibility, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior, GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_NV_compute_shader_derivatives, GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_NV_sample_locations, GL_ARB_post_depth_coverage, GL_NV_fragment_coverage_to_color, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query, GL_NV_texture_rectangle_compressed, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_OVR_multiview, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_gpu_shader5, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_compute_shader, GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_EXT_multiview_texture_multisample, GL_ARB_spirv_extensions, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_NV_shader_thread_group, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent, GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index, GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts, GL_ARB_compute_variable_group_size, GL_NV_bindless_texture, GL_ARB_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_ARB_indirect_parameters, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_semaphore, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_sparse_texture2, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_semaphore_win32, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_NV_viewport_array2, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, GL_NV_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_NV_query_resource_tag, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counter_ops, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_EXT_raster_multisample, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_ARB_fragment_shader_interlock, GL_NV_command_list, GL_NV_geometry_shader_passthrough, GL_NV_draw_texture, GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit, GL_NV_timeline_semaphore, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_KHR_context_flush_control, GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix, GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect_count, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted
13:50:05.140 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
13:50:05.150 [oxp.requirementMissing]: OXP Hermitage.0.8.10.oxp had unmet requirements and was removed from the loading list
13:50:05.150 [dataCache.rebuild.datesChanged]: Cache is stale (modification dates have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
13:50:05.151 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Resource paths:
Resources
../AddOns
../AddOns/org.oolite.hiran.OoliteStarter.oxp
13:50:05.406 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
13:50:05.928 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 1.85 seconds. ==========
13:50:08.079 [exit.context]: Exiting: SDL_QUIT event received.
13:50:08.081 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.
phkb

Post by phkb »

That log would indicate you have almost no OXPs installed, either manual one in AddOns, or managed ones. How do you normally launch Oolite?
Balisongdalo
Competent
Competent

Post by Balisongdalo »

I install the oxp's and launch from the oolite starter app, hermitage is the only oxp I've manually placed on the add-on folder on the main oolite directory. I'll reinstall the game and install the oxp's with the expansion manager workaround in game. I'll send you a log again, I've crashed twice already doing this.
phkb

Post by phkb »

But the starter app shouldn’t be removing OXPs you’ve asked it to install. Something seems weird with the setup. Was that log from Oolite started via the starter app?
Balisongdalo
Competent
Competent

Post by Balisongdalo »

The log was actually from the oolite.app log sub folder from the main install location. At this time I cannot launch the game title screen after installing the oxp's from the expansion manager after applying changes hence the crash. I didn't have this problem when i installed many oxp's from the oolite starter app, it's just that for some reason it asks for smugglers at the title screen when I already have it installed from the app. My oolite add-on folder only contained hermitage oxp, and/or new cargoes
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

phkb wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:32 am
But the starter app shouldn’t be removing OXPs you’ve asked it to install. Something seems weird with the setup. Was that log from Oolite started via the starter app?
In the above example log Oolite was highly likely run via OoliteStarter. The Addons directory contains the OoliteStarter OXP. But why should Hermitage have missing dependencies? What dependencies does it have? What else should be getting loaded?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
phkb

Post by phkb »

It has a number of dependencies- however, according to the log, there is *nothing* installed except the OoliteStarter oxp.

List of dependencies here: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Hermi ... quirements
Last edited by phkb on Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Balisongdalo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:36 am
The log was actually from the oolite.app log sub folder from the main install location. At this time I cannot launch the game title screen after installing the oxp's from the expansion manager after applying changes hence the crash. I didn't have this problem when i installed many oxp's from the oolite starter app, it's just that for some reason it asks for smugglers at the title screen when I already have it installed from the app. My oolite add-on folder only contained hermitage oxp, and/or new cargoes
... it asks for smugglers at the title screen when I already have it installed ...

1) I wonder why none of the other OXPs/OXZs is mentioned in the logs
2) We may need to compare iexpansion identifiers. Maybe they deviate while the titles are the same?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite