Can you tow other spaceships?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Another idea: a communication device to call a tugship! I'd like it!
cultist
Competent
Competent

Post by cultist »

i saw on my heavily oxp`ed oolite some ships asked for my help.it would be only fair to ask them to help me when i am attacked by pirates.and to extend the ideea even further if your status is the one of a pirate to call pirates to help kill police (actualy become a pirate ,dunno if you can )

Cultist out
Cmdr Monte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cmdr Monte »

If you could make a lot of money from salvage, it would be very easy moneyt compared to other ways of making a living. It's fairly wasy to get a pilot to eject. I spent some time experimenting with using mining lasers to blow up ships to see if I got more swag that way. I would make the pilot eject to make the ship an easy target. Often I'll shoot a ship and if I see the escape pod I'll stop and chase the pod down before returning for the ship. It's easier that way.
cultist
Competent
Competent

Post by cultist »

other ideeas could be implemented to favour the game by simply asking ourseves "what could i do if i was in a ship is space?.what possibiities woud i have" lol
I`ll either find a way or make one!
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Cmdr Monte wrote:
If you could make a lot of money from salvage, it would be very easy moneyt compared to other ways of making a living. It's fairly wasy to get a pilot to eject. I spent some time experimenting with using mining lasers to blow up ships to see if I got more swag that way. I would make the pilot eject to make the ship an easy target. Often I'll shoot a ship and if I see the escape pod I'll stop and chase the pod down before returning for the ship. It's easier that way.
Welll, there should not be easy money since:

if you call a tugship, you have to guard your property until it arrives - a tugship will probably launch from the station and move to you damn slow ;-) And you have to pay it anyways if the ship is still there or not. Since it was picked up, you should pay insurance fee and then pepair fee and so on..

If you move ship by yourself, all risks are yours - i doubt any insurance company will do for you if you are not certified tugship pilot ;-)