Weapon Laws OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Weapon Laws OXZ

Post by Cholmondely »

Redspear wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:52 pm
  • v1.6 is now available which, in addition to the above, makes a few tweaks to weapon availability.
    • Easier to find hardened missiles for sale (just one system in galaxy 1 was a bit harsh for an expendable item)
    • Slightly less restriction re beam lasers and targeting scanners
Can you just check that this update to the wiki page is accurate, please! (You need'nt bother counting the systems...).
Corporate States
... None of the below are buyable. Number of systems where purchase is possible is listed below (where this is less than 10).

Democracies
ECM (from TL3), Pulse lasers (from TL4), Shield boosters (from TL11)

Confederacies
Missiles (from TL2), Military Shield Enhancement (from TL14 - Xexedi only)

Communist States
Beam lasers (from TL5), Target System Memory Expansion (from TL9), Scanner Targeting Enhancement (from TL12 - there are 10 such systems only in Galaxy 1)

Dictatorships
ECM hardened missile (from TL10 - there are 9 of them), Multi-Targeting System (from TL6)

Multi-Governments
Military lasers (from TL11 - there are 6 of them), Integrated Targeting System (from TL12 - there are 3 of them)

Feudal States
Quirium cascade mine (from TL7)

Anarchies
Energy bomb (...if the oxp is installed, from TL8 - there are 6 of them)
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:09 pm
Can you just check that this update to the wiki page is accurate, please! (You need'nt bother counting the systems...).

I've edited the below quote so that it matches the requirements as of v1.6:
Corporate States
... None of the below are buyable. Number of systems where purchase is possible is listed below (where this is less than 10).

Democracies
ECM (from TL3), Pulse lasers (from TL4), Shield boosters (from TL11)

Confederacies
Missiles (from TL2), Military Shield Enhancement (from TL14 - Xexedi only)

Communist States
Beam lasers (from TL5), Target System Memory Expansion (from TL9), Scanner Targeting Enhancement (from TL12 - there are 10 such systems only in Galaxy 1)

Dictatorships
ECM hardened missile (from TL10 - there are 9 of them), Multi-Targeting System (from TL6), Target System Memory Expansion (from TL9)

Multi-Governments
Military lasers (from TL11 - there are 6 of them), Integrated Targeting System (from TL12 - there are 3 of them)

Feudal States
Quirium cascade mine (from TL7)

Anarchies
Energy bomb (...if the oxp is installed, from TL8 - there are 6 of them)
Hope that helps.
Alnivel
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Alnivel »

There is an error in the script in handling "oolite-barred-equipment" - it looks like you forgot to change the name of the variable from "equipment" to "eqKey" after copypasting fragment from oolite-conditions.js.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Alnivel wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:03 pm
There is an error in the script in handling "oolite-barred-equipment" - it looks like you forgot to change the name of the variable from "equipment" to "eqKey" after copypasting fragment from oolite-conditions.js.
Thanks Alnivel.

I'll look into it.