Star Fuel OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Star Fuel OXZ

Post by Redspear »

OK, so it's effectively a way to cram more fuel into the tank.

Looking at the code it seems that if a player wanted both the storage benefit and the injector boost it would not be possible. While the player still has the extra fuel, the tank will not drop below 7.0LY - and if the tanks are full then you can't scoop. I'm happy with that (lack of) interaction.

EDIT:

Actually, I don't think that's quite true as it stands.
There is currently a check for the player buying fuel but not for buying holy fuel, so if you skimmed and then bought holy fuel you'd have a tank and a half of double injector bonus fuel...

It's an easy fix. I'll likely treat holy fuel as standard fuel with regards to this oxp (i.e. buying it removes injector bonus) in the next update.
Meanwhile, enjoy the combined bonus while you can :wink:
Last edited by Redspear on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Redspear wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:44 pm
OK, so it's effectively a way to cram more fuel into the tank.
Oh ye who lack in thee faith! It might _look_ like that if you blasphemously peek at the sacred code, but be aware that Holy Fuel (tm) is in fact produced by sacred blessings in the vast halls of Black Monk Monasteries with rites unfit for non-believers.

Be warned of committing such heresy again and remember to visit the Monasteries for purification (or some Holy Fuel (tm)).

-Brother spara
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

I have added a configuration parameter for the minimum planetary radius to get enhanced fuel:

https://gitlab.com/Astrobe/star-fuel

If you have no idea what the frack Git is, just click the button on the left of the blue "clone" button and download the source as zip.
I think making Star fuel available at some stars only is too restrictive, so I wanted to enable it everywhere at first, but went further and made it something one can configure. The default value is the original value you used, so it should not change anything for your current users.

I did not yet test it is effective, only that the parameter appears in the settings UI and that there's no error in the logs.

Note that it introduces a dependency on Lib_Config, which is in common use though.

PS: redid the repo to include the original version in the history. If you have cloned the repo meanwhile, sorry, please delete your local copy and clone again.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Thanks for taking a look Astrobe.

As you may know, I included the restriction as a route planning strategy. However, given that it only works well when a suitable detour is very near to your destination, it wouldn't be a big loss in its current form.

So although I'm not sure about making it available everywhere, it's hard to argue with making it configurable :)

I'll try it out at some point and reconsider for any future updates.