Masslock Compensator OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Nicksta
Average
Average

Re: Masslock Compensator OXZ

Post by Nicksta »

I think I would still want to install this OXP even with the strategy that I suggested. Travelling at 90 degrees from Viper Interceptors at 0.500 is going to end the masslock much sooner than travelling at 0.250, especially if they're not the only ships on the scanner. I probably wouldn't mind the minimum values either way, because the police in this game are not tailing anyone or pulling anyone over to check their cargo. I'm going to try this OXP so that I have an informed opinion next time.

By the way, have you considered a maximum value for the multiplier, just in case someone makes an OXP ship with a (very) generous max speed?
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Fair enough...

Re max speed: not yet but there are already some crazy fast oxp ships out there so that might be wise. Trick is to make fast ships still seem fast whilst doing so... I could halve their speed bonus once they exceed 0.4 (i. e. anything faster than as asp mk II).
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Nicksta wrote:
By the way, have you considered a maximum value for the multiplier, just in case someone makes an OXP ship with a (very) generous max speed?
Thought about it some more and I think it's a good idea for another reason: a speed cap may help prevent issues like the one Grindalf was having.

It can be necessary to reset the speed values (e.g. buying a new ship) but Grindalf seemed to experience them reseting for reasons as yet unknown. A maximum value should prevent the runaway doubling that it seems can occur in some (likely interOXP) situations.

So, a timely suggestion. Thanks :D
Grindalf
Competent
Competent

Post by Grindalf »

just so you know Ive removed most mods, put masslock compensator(and a select few others) back in and everything works fine now. Im not sure which mod was causing the hassle but now Im slowly putting mods back in(one at a time) If I come across which one it was I will let you know.
I decided that this was a mod I couldn't live without.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Thanks for the report Grindalf and I'm glad you like the oxp :)

I've found something else in the code that could potentially cause problems with other oxps...
It is not essential however and so I'll remove it for the next update (fingers crossed, coming soon).
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

v 1.4 available

• Should now play nicely with power To engines oxp
  • Capped the bonus (not the base speed) at a rather generous 0.9LM
  • Removed some instances of speed recalculation that were probably unnecessary and possibly buggy

Hopefully the last point will make general oxp interaction work more smoothly.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Redspear wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:40 am
Nicksta wrote:
Thought about it some more and I think it's a good idea for another reason: a speed cap may help prevent issues like the one Grindalf was having.

It can be necessary to reset the speed values (e.g. buying a new ship) but Grindalf seemed to experience them reseting for reasons as yet unknown. A maximum value should prevent the runaway doubling that it seems can occur in some (likely interOXP) situations.

So, a timely suggestion. Thanks :D
I get the feeling the creator of our universe ran into similar issues and then decided that the speed of light would simply be the max. :-)
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

hiran wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:55 pm
I get the feeling the creator of our universe ran into similar issues and then decided that the speed of light would simply be the max. :-)
:D