Sun Gear

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Sun Gear

Post by stranger »

Thank you again, Dybal, for valuable proposals!
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

Dybal, I have no idea how to explain your case. Testing MFD Configuration with Sun Gear, no issues. I declared Sun / Planet info MFD in GREEN state and Station Dock Control in YELLOW state. Seems it works as intended - I have seamless switching between MFD's synchronized with GREEN/YELLOW state.
Hope community will help. Gentlemen, have you issues with Sun / Planet info MFD using MFD Fast Configuration?
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

Sun Gear 4.3.2 changes:

Redefined sun database based on redefined Habitable Main Planets 1.4 radii.
Spectral class range now includes suns from F6V to M3.5V.
AstroLibrary improved to display added spectral classes.
Improved script to correctly display info on Planetary System Data MFD page based on redefined planet classification.

Habitable Main Planet
s is now declared as obligatory for Sun Gear.

Alas, Sun Gear version 4.3.0 was flawed due to missing parenthesis in manifest.plist and I have no idea how to remove it from OXZ manager. Mea culpa :oops:
So download please version 4.3.2, NOT 4.3.0!
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Got this error on exiting witchspace to interstellar space (misjump):

Code: Select all

Exception: TypeError: system.sun is null
    Active script: SolarSystemData 4.3
    solar_system_data.js, line 97:
        var solRadius = system.sun.radius/950000 * (0.99 + 0.02 * system.scrambledPseudoRandomNumber(119));
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

@Milo

OK, thank you! I'll test and try to fix it.

UPD. Hope it is fixed now. Log file seems clear. Try latest 4.4.0 update!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Just a suggestion:

Might it be an idea to also put up the Advanced System Data MFD information on a new screen accessed by oxp-designated F7F7 ?

Then F7 gives the usual system information, but F7F7 gives more astrogatory info

Advanced System Data MFD:

OXP'ed F7 screen:
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

I'm presuming that the F7-F7 can be created in the same way that Planet Land OXP creates new screens for looking out of the docked ship at the planet, that Galactic Hyperdrive OXP creates an F6-F6-F6 screen for choosing destinations in the next galaxy, that Long Range Scanner creates an F6-F6-F5 screen for accessing its information...

Oh, and further to Dybal, above, I too have issues with the Advanced System Data MFD which never stays on my screen between saved games. I have to reselect it each time. Needless to say, wrestling with javascript to make it HUDSelector compatible proved futile and embarrassing!
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

Seems I was too focused on exploration mood designing Advanced System Data MFD. Some Star Trek setting: to reach unexplored new system and to detect planets using YOUR ship scanners. Of course, in densely populated Ooniverse local Galcop administration MUST know these system data and you CAN know these system data too using station terminals without ASCn installed on your ship. It can be realizing using F4 too like planet info in Planetary Systems.
Thank you, Cholmondely, for idea!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

stranger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:27 pm
Seems I was too focused on exploration mood designing Advanced System Data MFD. Some Star Trek setting: to reach unexplored new system and to detect planets using YOUR ship scanners. Of course, in densely populated Ooniverse local Galcop administration MUST know these system data and you CAN know these system data too using station terminals without ASCn installed on your ship. It can be realizing using F4 too like planet info in Planetary Systems.
Thank you, Cholmondely, for idea!
Welcome back!

It is good to see you again...
Comments wanted:
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

In Sun Gear 4.5.1 I tried to add System Data Sheet on F4 screen, but with only partial success. New option works fine after docking with main station - you can call system data and view sun info and list of system planets like on Advanced System Info MFD, but merged to one list. Alas, loading saved game you can see only sun info. Trying to add time delay to give Planetary Systems enough time to seed planets and setup system configuration. This trick works fine in Moons and Orbital Stations, but not in updated Sun Gear. Seems I was too long out of business to maintain skills and make some stupid error. I'll be grateful for help to fix this issue. In any case log file is free from fatal errors and updated Sun Gear looks safe to use, just cosmetic issue. Script in question is solar_system_data.js.
System Data Sheet on F4 screen is available even if you have no ASC upgrade, but only on GalCop Main Station.
:D In Readme.txt System Data Sheet was mentioned as System Data Shit. This is not deliberate joke, just influence of stupid environment. I'll fix it in future update. Who care to read Readme indeed?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

stranger wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:00 am
In Sun Gear 4.5.1 I tried to add System Data Sheet on F4 screen, but with only partial success. New option works fine after docking with main station - you can call system data and view sun info and list of system planets like on Advanced System Info MFD, but merged to one list. Alas, loading saved game you can see only sun info. Trying to add time delay to give Planetary Systems enough time to seed planets and setup system configuration. This trick works fine in Moons and Orbital Stations, but not in updated Sun Gear. Seems I was too long out of business to maintain skills and make some stupid error. I'll be grateful for help to fix this issue. In any case log file is free from fatal errors and updated Sun Gear looks safe to use, just cosmetic issue. Script in question is solar_system_data.js.
System Data Sheet on F4 screen is available even if you have no ASC upgrade, but only on GalCop Main Station.
:D In Readme.txt System Data Sheet was mentioned as System Data Shit. This is not deliberate joke, just influence of stupid environment. I'll fix it in future update. Who care to read Readme indeed?
1) Thanks for the update!

2) Might it make more sense to put the F4 screen System Data Sheet under the "Informational" category (rather than "Ambience") - then it is right besides Phkb's GalCop Galactic Registry with data about the galaxy, and Spara's In-system Distances (Market Inquirer)? Littlebear was also considering adding in his Galactic Almanac here as well (he was keeping it at the top of the screen for easy testing purposes).

3) While getting at the ReadMes can indeed be a pain, Hiran's outputdir prints it out as part of the data on each oxz. It updates automatically each month. His December update is here: https://github.com/HiranChaudhuri/Oolit ... g/20221201 (c. 15 Mb) - it just missed your update!

Comments wanted:
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

Cholmondely wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:53 pm
Might it make more sense to put the F4 screen System Data Sheet under the "Informational" category (rather than "Ambience") - then it is right besides Phkb's GalCop Galactic Registry with data about the galaxy, and Spara's In-system Distances (Market Inquirer)? Littlebear was also considering adding in his Galactic Almanac here as well (he was keeping it at the top of the screen for easy testing purposes).
Good idea, thank you!

UPD Done! Sun Gear 4.5.2 is uploaded