Stormbrewer Strigine

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Stormbrewer Strigine

Post by Cholmondely »

Nite Owl wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:21 pm
The Stormbrewer Strigine

brought to you by

Minerva Enterprises of Greater Gerete.

This ship is still undergoing trial runs although no major flaws have been found. Once we at M.E.G.G. are satisfied that there are no design flaws a press release will be created announcing the Strigine's availability to the general public. Consider this a small preview to gauge the reactions of our target audience. We understand that the paint scheme may not be to everyone's liking but to each his own in that respect. There is a lot more information available about the rationale behind the paint scheme but we will hold off on revealing that until the press release announcing general public availability . Keeping your customers guessing is a valid sales tactic. Further tweaking to the various stats of the ship may still occur based on public feedback and further testing. Enjoy.

Player Only
Medium Sized Trader / Bounty Hunter
75 tons of Cargo Space / 100 tons with Large Cargo Bay
2.0 Pitch / Roll / Yaw
Thrust 45.0
Max Flight Speed 450.0
8 Energy Banks
6.0 Energy Recharge Rate
8 Missiles

Bottom

Front

Rear

The original Stormbrewer and Stormbrewer Vigilante were designed by Red Neck Rocketscience Laboratories. These labs were the brainchild of Morgan Orr. It is through his generous licensing agreements that we at M.E.G.G. are able to bring you this redesign of his classic ship. The Strigine is based on the Vigilante design platform as we think it better suits the needs of our customer base here in the Greater Gerete area. Without the pioneering design work of Mr. Orr the Strigine would have never seen the light of the stars. For his work and licensing agreement we are truly thankful.
Bump!

Did this ever result in a finished product?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

It has been technically finished for quite some time now. It has been several years that my in game persona has been traveling around my Ooniverse in one of these ships. The images in this thread do not resemble the ship the way it looks now. They are similar but with significant differences. There are seven different variations on the color scheme each with an appropriate model name. All of these are player compatible. There are also two N.P.C. ships based on the most mean and stealthy looking of these color variations. It is a medium sized ship that is larger than a Cobra Mark III by just enough to quantify its cargo capacity of 85 tons with the Large Cargo Bay Extension (70 tons + 15 Tons). The ship becomes quite Uber once Iron Ass status is reached due to its enhanced stats. These stats have been modified downwards from those previously posted based on the advice herein but are still, possibly, a bit too much.

As to its release to the General Public that is the primary question. It does not have any Shaders of its own as such coding is beyond me. Back and forth goes my mind, are the stats too Uber, does it looks cartoonish when compared to the detail that has been achieved. The skin is smooth without any of the exposed parts and thingamabobs that appear on some ships (Griff). There is a good explanation for this smoothness in the ReadMe but again my brain vacillates if it is good enough. My texture skills do not allow for that kind of detail. Help was offered by montana05 back when we were discussing the S.I.R.F. Compact Version release but again the waiting game flooded my brain. Improvements are a constant as new things are learned but this is true of any such project. It is also why there are Version Numbers, bug fixes aside. Perhaps, one day, my courage will be bolstered enough to put this thing out there for everyone else's Ooniverse to use and see. Until then the tinkering never ends.
Last edited by Nite Owl on Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Basically if the model stems from stormrider stormbrewer it could use that oxz as a base including it's shaders...

As seen in the example below.

Non custom shaders in use in oolite are ' accessible' via the materials setting, requires no shader editing!
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Strigine

Post by Nite Owl »

Update

The ships have been renamed to just Strigine. With all apologies to Stormbrewer the name Stormbrewer Strigine was just too long for most M.F.D.s to fit it into their limited line space. All due credit is still given to Stormbrewer in the ReadMe for his original concepts and hard work on the Vigilante upon which this work is based. Here are some Screenshots of the current design. Any and all feedback is welcome.

The above Red Model is called The Rambler. There are 6 other Models of the Strigine based on a variety of colors. The Black areas remain Black on all of the Models. The Red areas change their color with the Ships being given the following Model Names based on that color.

Silver ---------- The Argent
Gold ----------- The Auric
Gray ----------- The Ghost
Bronze -------- The Spartan
Green --------- The Verdant
Blue ----------- The Zephyr

Note that none of these colors are 100% true to their names as all are variations of the base color. The Silver, Gold, and Bronze colors are not Metallic but are representative of their Metallic counterparts. As a Bonus The Ghost and The Spartan models come as both N.P.C. and Player variants. All of the other Models are strictly Player variants.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Nite Owl wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:48 pm
It has been technically finished for quite some time now...
As to its release to the General Public that is the primary question. It does not have any Shaders of its own as such coding is beyond me. Back and forth goes my mind, are the stats too Uber, does it looks cartoonish when compared to the detail that has be achieved. The skin is smooth without any of the exposed parts and thingamabobs that appear on some ships (Griff).
We are talking about things thousands of years in the future.

Maybe things will look as Griff's oxp's. Maybe as Murgh's. Maybe as Montana's. And maybe as yours! And even maybe as all of you four put together - shock! horror!

Just publish it and let the dashed downloaders decide for themselves... !
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?