Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Where are Xeer Shipyards?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Where are Xeer Shipyards?

Post by Cody »

Switeck wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm
... if you have Galactic Navy OXP installed -- it has a base at Xeer. From what I've heard, it is rather dangerous to be near that if you have a large bounty...
Whereas if you have HIMSN installed, they'll simply tell you to bugger off, no matter what your legal status!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Where are Xeer Shipyards?

Post by Cholmondely »

Switeck wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm
A bit of OXP trivia...

There sort-of is a Xeer Shipyard if you have Galactic Navy OXP installed -- it has a base at Xeer (the one in Galaxy Chart 1), complete with a few ships guarding it.

From what I've heard, it is rather dangerous to be near that if you have a large bounty...
Cheat!! That's a naval sector command brimming with bureaucrats and (top) brass, not a serious shipyard! They're too busy passing the port to know which plug to pull in Phkb's Proton Anti-Gaussing Anisotropy Neutraliser!

Bothered and Bewildered Bureaucrats at this end of things .................................................................................................. Port Passers at this

But on a more serious note, Switeck, do you have any ideas as to how I would tweak the markets in Hathor & Nepthys to get the effects that Killer Wolf was after? There's a super pdf brochure inside the .oxp which explains what he wanted (now copied onto the wiki page, here).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?