Star Wars.OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
"And the Fugitive Battlecruisers are worth at least 5KCr, so that's a good reason to have it!"
Really, there's money in it? You don't say... :D

I've read Dune (looooong time ago) - my brain has clearly filtered them out - the names not even familiar... strange (my brain that is)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Really, there's money in it? You don't say... :D
In some cases, a Fugie Battlecruiser can net as much as 10KCr!!!! That's like a full rack of Q-bombs for a Cobbie 3 or for half that you can get a full rack of hard heads for Azzameen's B-Wing!

Captain Hesperus
"Money, money, money. Must be funny in a trader's world!"
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
I've read Dune (looooong time ago) - my brain has clearly filtered them out - the names not even familiar... strange (my brain that is)
The concept of Ixian no-ships come from later in the continuity.
Azzameen
Average
Average

Post by Azzameen »

Blast! I got a wonderful X-wing and Corellian YT-1300, but too many polygons. A few moments later, I got them erased. Sometimes, I wonder what's in my head.

Stupid ideas and room for many more of them.

But Klingon BoP and Battlecruiser working. If I remember them at home, I'll upload them.
reH 'eb tu'lu' - There is always a chance
mightyhunter
Harmless
Harmless

Post by mightyhunter »

Tried posting this earlier but might've biffed it up.
Has anyone made an OXP for Slave 1 yet?
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

mightyhunter wrote:
Welcome to the board mightyhunter. AFAIK Slave 1 hasn't been attempted yet.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

mightyhunter wrote:
Welcome aboard MH, is that an offer? :wink:

Have a look at the Wiki entries for OXP's there's a huge list of what has already been done here
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Code: Select all

[ai.load.failed.unknownAI]: Can't switch AI for <ShipEntity 0xc084f60>{"Lambdashuttle"} to "shuttleAI.plist" - could not load file.
:shock:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Wow, now here's a long dead thread! Somebody (possible Eric W the AI guru) will be along at some point...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

OSH wrote:

Code: Select all

[ai.load.failed.unknownAI]: Can't switch AI for <ShipEntity 0xc084f60>{"Lambdashuttle"} to "shuttleAI.plist" - could not load file.
:shock:
Don't panic! :wink:

There used to be a shuttleAI in previous versions of Oolite (for instance 1.65). However, it has been removed since, and Oolite 1.74 doesn't have a shuttleAI anymore (it has two AIs for shuttles, but those are named fallingShuttleAI and (you guessed it) risingShuttleAI).

It seems your version of starwars.oxp doesn't yet reflect that change. You could try to download the latest version of the OXP and see whether the problem is already taken care of there. If not (for instance because you already have the latest version of starwars.oxp), the Lambda Shuttle needs another AI, preferably one of the two currently used for shuttles. Which one would mainly depend on where Lambda Shuttles are usually spawned. Ar they on their way down to the planet or up to the station at spawning? Depending on this one of the two AIs could be assigned.

Alternatively they could get a customAI which only makes a random switch to either of the two shuttle AIs.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

It's a little more complicated.

It seems that shuttles in Oolite have nullAI in shipdata and get assigned their correct AI automatically, so probably even shuttleAI would work as a shipdata-entry.

However, the way the ship is defined in the OXP, it also can have the role of "trader". This one doesn't get an AI auto-assigned, so the AI defined in shipdata is taken. If it doesn't exist (like shuttleAI), an error can be expected.

Now I'm asking myself whether there should be two instances of the ship, one with role "shuttle" and nullAI, and one with role "trader" and route1patrolAI? Or whether the second one would suffice with both roles, because the correct shuttle AI gets assigned automatically?

I tend to think the second variant, but would like to wait for a second opinion (none of Oolite's generic shuttles has a second role, which makes me hesitate).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I would tend to agree with using route1Trader and having that overwritten by autoAI for when it's used as a shuttle role (presuming the shipdata doesn't block autoAI).

But on the other hand does it really make logical sense for a shuttle to be used in a trader role in terms of gameplay? Should be fine for getting the shuttle to do something and getting rid of the error though.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Well, I've involved in a battle, where a Lambda asked me for help against a bunch of enemies. It was very funny defeat these attackers and heard "thanks for your help". Maybe Darth Vader was on board? :D
But I can't imagine Lambda as trader ship :)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
There used to be a shuttleAI in previous versions of Oolite (for instance 1.65). However, it has been removed since, and Oolite 1.74 doesn't have a shuttleAI anymore (it has two AIs for shuttles, but those are named fallingShuttleAI and (you guessed it) risingShuttleAI).
That sounds as a bug to me. Any oxp that worked with 1.65 should still work in the next stable release. I looked in the berlios archive and found a shuttleAI.plist. Probably you should download it there and add it in the AI folder your oxp. It uses a command performFlyToPlanet that does not exist anymore.
What it did is now replaced with the fallingShuttleAI.plist. So, you should rename shuttleAI.plist into fallingShuttleAI.plist in your shipdata.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

None of the StarWars OXPs are mine. I think it's Charlie's work.

But anyway, if shuttles get assigned one of the two current shuttle AIs (I guess fallingShuttleAI if they are launched from the station, and risingShuttleAI if they are launched from the planet), it shouldn't matter which AI they have in their shipdata.

So my guess is that the problem only arises if the Lambda Shuttle is spawned as a trader, which is its second role in shipdata. Traders probably don't get any AI by default, so the non-existing shuttleAI would be called, leading to an error.

EDIT: now I'm confused. According to autoAImap.plist any trader gets route1traderAI, just like every shuttle gets fallingShuttleAI if auto_AI is true, which is the case with the Lambda Shuttle. So I don't see how the AI defined in shipdata could ever be used. There shouldn't be an error. :?

EDIT2: By the way, the Lambda Shuttle is too big to dock. Does perhaps bigships.oxp reset the AI of a trader to the one in shipdata, if it can't assign the appropriate bigshipsAI?