Star Wars.OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Azzameen
Average
Average

Post by Azzameen »

Actually, the TIE is kinda fast. The average Vessel in SW has 40 MGLT. Star Destroyer 60. Starfighters have around 100 MGLT.

And yes, the Defender is an uberschip. But it's not working. At least not now.
Virtual Saturna
Average
Average

Disappearing external views that shouldn't have existed

Post by Virtual Saturna »

I bought a YT-1300 and enjoyed it's external views. After a while.. I have no idea what happened, but there are no longer external views. I re-installed the YT-1300 OXP and it didn't help. I looked at the shipdata file and I don't see any entry for external views at all. So why did it work for a while when it isn't even in the ship data? Very odd.

-VirSaT-
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

When you buy a new ship, the external views of your previous ship will still be effective even if the new ship doesn't have them. But when you reload the game, those views will be gone.

It's a bug I noticed but failed to mention before...
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
Virtual Saturna
Average
Average

Post by Virtual Saturna »

Aha! I rather suspected that had something to do with it. I suppose I could copy&paste the Combra mkIII views into the YT-1300 shipdata if I really wanted them back... I also tried to make it so the front laser fires from the bottom center of the screen instead of the center of the right side of the screen, but no matter what changes I make to the weapon position numbers it doesn't alter it at all. Ok I'm wandering off about other things..

Thanks Wolfwood. :)

-VirSaturnA-
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

I haven't tried the ship, but isn't the cockpit of the YT1300 somewhere to the left or right from the centre of the ship?

Basically, you'd have to look at where the front view is set on that ship on the XYZ coordinates, for example:

-18 1.4 120

Then set the front weapon so that it is in the same position, but lower on the Y coordinates, like:

-18 -1 120
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
Azzameen
Average
Average

Post by Azzameen »

I apologize for the guns of the YT-1300.
I thought about it for a while, because the Falcon has two turret guns, and you only have one weapon in Oolite. So I did it after playing the game X-wing Alliance. There, the YT-1300 has a gun near the cockpit and one turret in the 'normal' ship and two turrets with the Falcon. That's why the weapon facing of my YT-1300 is on the right hand side.
@Wolfwood: The speed of the TIEs was originally 500, because the Tiger Mk I was that fast. After all, my ships are nearly all fighters, and fighters are a bit faster than freighters. And I thought, that I want to have a ship, that would be able to destroy such a hm, corvette as the Tiger without exhausting the withdrive fuel.
reH 'eb tu'lu' - There is always a chance
Azzameen
Average
Average

Post by Azzameen »

On Oosat2, Charlie posted a new skin for my YT-1300 (haven't downloaded it yet).
It maybe is a bit too early, because I'm remodelling my ships at the moment, ie the X-wing (what was I thinking with doing this famous fighter that way?) and the YT-1300. More to come.
And I'm scripting external views for all of them.
For an Star Trek.oxp I've already created a Klingon Cruiser and a Bird of Prey. The BoP comes in two versions: wings in flight position and in attack position, as does the remodelled X-wing.
sharkus
Average
Average

Post by sharkus »

On the subject of Star Trek OXP's I've been working on a couple of Borg ships, ok, ok, really simple cube shape I know :D If you want to include what I have in your ST OXP then drop me a PM/Email and I'll give you the OXP I've got.
Azzameen
Average
Average

Post by Azzameen »

Borg Ships? I knew, I've forgot something...
You got a good idea, but my Mac is down and I can't up- or download things. I'll let you know, when I'm back online. If you could creat an Enterprise, that would be cool. I've already thought of the Defiant, but didn't have the time up to now.
Qapla'!
Azzameen
Average
Average

Post by Azzameen »

I've edited a few of my ships and will upload them asap.
I tried an Imperial Star Destroyer and it already worked, but only without dock. I once attacked a Coriolis Station and the ISD came out of the dock! That was very weird, because I found out, my ISD was bigger than the station.
Defiant, Bird of Prey, and Klingon Cruiser should go online pretty soon.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Azzameen wrote:
I've edited a few of my ships and will upload them asap.
I tried an Imperial Star Destroyer and it already worked, but only without dock. I once attacked a Coriolis Station and the ISD came out of the dock! That was very weird, because I found out, my ISD was bigger than the station.
I once watched an Ixian Battlecruiser scrape it's way out of a Cori. Very freaky.

P.S. Welcome back

Captain Hesperus
"Hah! You dn't need a big ship to scrape the sides of the station's docking port! I can do it in a Python."
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Is it possible to get hold of the oxp with the Ixian Battlecruiser in it? I'd quite like to see one in the wild.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Captain Hesperus

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Is it possible to get hold of the oxp with the Ixian Battlecruiser in it? I'd quite like to see one in the wild.
Oosat One, Ixianships.oxp and Ixianfreighter.oxp. When they were on Oosat Two they were together and called Ixian Omnibus.

Captain Hesperus
"Look out, Berzerkas incoming!"
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Cheers Cap!

Is there any background for why the Ixians are in the Ooniverse - I know I'm being lazy and could just search the wiki but I thought I'd check with the Oracle (Ooracle?) first...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Captain Hesperus

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Cheers Cap!

Is there any background for why the Ixians are in the Ooniverse - I know I'm being lazy and could just search the wiki but I thought I'd check with the Oracle (Ooracle?) first...
To be quite honest, not a clue, old chum! If I remember clearly (brace yourselves!) the Ixians are from the Dune series of books by Frank Herbert.

Captain Hesperus
"And the Fugitive Battlecruisers are worth at least 5KCr, so that's a good reason to have it!"