A couple of simple OXP's

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: A couple of simple OXP's

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:56 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:58 pm
Can we manage something like this in Oolite?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-67734790

Watch: Sun emits strongest solar flare in years
Not sure. I can certainly create a large globule of light, or even a spear of light (like the pulsar). Is that all we'd need? I'll have to work out what sort of shape we want in something like this, whether we want it to animate outwards (or just appear when you spawn in), how far to extend it, how long to leave it there. Given my skills only get me as far as doing something with flashers, it would suffer from the same issues as with the pulsar, in that it would not be visible more than 2400km away. Which may not be a problem, given this is already localised to the sun, but it's worth pointing out the limitations.
Sounds good!

Might there be some other effects too? Damage to the hull? Damage to the shields? Extra Solar Wind (Stranger's World)? Raising cabin temperature? Greater wearing-out of Spara's Glare Filter?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?