Santa vs Rudolph? Santa loses

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Cody

Bugbear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Santa vs Rudolph? Santa loses

Post by Bugbear »

(inspired by an r/showerthoughts topic...)

...all of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names...

So where the hell was Santa while this bullying was going on? He knows if you've been bad or good my arse!!! :x

Then the old wino geriatric fart has the cheek to ask Rudolph for a favor on that fateful foggy Christmas Eve (bragging points on offer for identifying the song line - shouldn't be too difficult for an aussie).

Which brings me to my next thought. What is the lumen output for a rangifer tarandusian proboscus? Has anyone done the math on the number of carrots required to guide Santa's sleigh? For that matter, how bright would a red light need to be to be effective for a flying craft in a fog? I'd accept that red would be suitable as it doesn't affect human night vision, but would a bright light help or hinder?

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Commander Bugbear
Cruising chart 5 in a Boa Class Criuser: Quantum Pelican I
Vigilante, trader, gems and precious metals hoarder.
Black Monks bothering performed at no extra charge.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: Santa vs Rudolph? Santa loses

Post by Disembodied »

Rudolph the infrared radar might have been more effective … perhaps it's a transcription error.
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Santa vs Rudolph? Santa loses

Post by Alex »

Bright light would most certainly hinder. I've driven in fog with snow fall at night. The light reflects right back into your eyes reducing your ability to see. Red fog light to the front would be better for the driver, BUT totally stuff up oncoming traffic. Wouldn't know if your coming or going. The European yellow is only slightly better than white light. Anyone ever try blue light?
Infra red would be the go.

My bet would be on Rudolph. Ever seen a full grown arctic reindeer with its antlers?
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!