(WIP) Ship Repurchase

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: (WIP) Ship Repurchase

Post by another_commander »

The idiosyncrasy of the core game letting you keep all equipment after using the escape pod is by design. It was what the old Elite did. If this needs to be bypassed for any reason, I would prefer if it were done purely by OXP and not core changes.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

That's fine. The proposal for now is to extend the same behavior to be available to OXPs from the shipDied event handler, not to change it.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

I've just checked in a core code patch which allows the escape pod rescue time to be overridden by scripts. I'll be utilitising this new addition for the next release to provide more incentives for having an escape pod. Anyone not running trunk Oolite will not see the benefit, though.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

The anticipation builds...
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

OK, I have a beta release for the next version: ShipRepurchase_Beta.oxz

In this release:
  • Adjusted the method for determining when the ship is about to die, to allow for other OXP's to potentially change the player ship energy before ejecting the player.
  • Changed insurance premium coverage period to 60 days.
  • If insurance lapses while in transit, it will still be valid at next dock if the player needs to use it.
  • Reduced cost of Escape Pod Plus to 3000 credits, and set techlevel requirement to same as for a normal escape pod.
  • If the Escape Pod Plus is installed, rescue time will be reduced to less than 12 hours. Also, 50% of cargo will be recovered.
  • Cost of Repurchase Insurance reduced to 2500 credits.
  • Removed the frequent ejection penalty calculation (although it could be returned based on feedback).
  • Raised minimum Oolite version to 1.89 (now utilising equipment-overrides.plist file and new escape pod rescue time property).
Feedback welcome, as always.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Thanks for the update!