[Release] Space Crowds

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Space Crowds

Post by Nite Owl »

Testing is now complete with the following result:

Code: Select all

if (spawnedShips[i].isShip && !spawnedShips[i].isDerelict && !spawnedShips[i].isBoulder && !spawnedShips[i].is1t-cargopod)
and

Code: Select all

if (spawnedShips[i].isShip && !spawnedShips[i].isDerelict && spawnedShips[i].scanClass !== 'CLASS_CARGO' && spawnedShips[i].scanClass !== 'CLASS_ROCK')
both work as desired. See previous posts for where in the JavaScript these lines occur; should be around line 275 (Notepad++) in script.js in the config folder of the Space Crowds OXZ.

F5/F5/F8 to access HyperCargo while Derelict ships, Space Crowd's Boulders, and Space Crowd's Cargo Pods are out in space hanging around your ship will NOT cause those items to vanish into the ether if either of these bits of code are Tweaked in the previously mentioned JavaScript. It took a while but solutions have been found.

It should also be mentioned that in my Ooniverse both the Boulders and Cargo Pods have further Tweaks applied to them. They have a trader ship(s) added to their initial appearance so that you get masslocked by them instead of them flying by at Torus Speeds and going out beyond scanner range thereby losing you some of their number. Number is correct usage here for the Cargo Pods as well since they have been Tweaked to have up to 15 of them appear instead of just 1 as in the original OXZ. The "in space" spread of the Cargo Pods has also been Tweaked to match that of the Boulders.

My Thanks and Appreciation to all who contributed to the finding of this solution.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

I am trying out this interesting looking OXP. I do think though that the OXP should mark itself as incompatible with Deep Space Pirates.

EDIT: Having now read through the thread, I take it that the OXP does try to mark itself as incompatible with Deep Space Pirates. However: I have the Deep Space Pirates OXZ installed, and the in-game manager allowed me - with no warning - to install Space Crowds.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

UK_Eliter wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:15 am
the OXP does try to mark itself as incompatible with Deep Space Pirates
Well, the intention might have been there, but the manifest file in the OXP and on the expansion manager itself have no mention of any conflicts. So it will install without any restrictions.
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Have been using Space Crowds and Deep Space Pirates together for a long time. The version of Space Crowds in use by me is v1.1 as opposed to the v1.2 available from the Expansion Manager. Kept the older version because of some major Tweaks made to it that would be troublesome for me to make with the newer version (see below). My version of Deep Space Pirates has a few minor Tweaks to it as well. None of my Tweaks would have any effect on the compatibility of these versions of these two OXZ's working together... well at least none that have entered my awareness.

Space Crowds v1.2 on the Expansion Manager was updated by dybal before he left and is much more complicated coding wise then v1.1. This additional complexity may account for its incompatibility with Deep Space Pirates. See if you can find v1.1 of Space Crowds around somewhere and give that a try alongside Deep Space Pirates to try and alleviate your incompatibility issues.

Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

What was changed for 1.2? Is there a change log anywhere?

Does someone have a working link for the previous release?
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Looked for a download of Space Crowds v1.1 before putting up my previous post but could not find one. There may be a v1.1 attached to the wiki somewhere if you can find it. If all else fails PM me and we will see what can be worked out as long as there are no license issues or other objections. It is doubtful that there would be any issues but better safe than sorry.

Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Good thinking. Here are the old versions attached to the wiki: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Specia ... lshowall=1

... unfortunately, they all seem to point to the same link, and retrieve the latest version. phkb, perhaps you have a copy of 1.1?
phkb

Post by phkb »

I’ll have a look around my archives shortly
phkb

Post by phkb »

Milo wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:19 am
phkb, perhaps you have a copy of 1.1?
You're in luck: SpaceCrowds_1.1.oxz
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Thanks!

Changes from 1.1 to 1.2:

- Manifest version 1.1.0 -> 1.2.0
- Script.js added new Library configuration options "preserve_derelicts" and "preserve_asteroids" (default false)
- Script.js reduces radius in which ships are spawned from 10e3 to 8e3
- Script.js replaces ! isVisible condition for removing spawned ships with a distance and type check (taking into account the new options)

One (newly added) line of code in the 1.2 script concerns me:

if(!spawnedShips[i].position.distanceTo(player.ship.position)>100E3)

The negation (! operator) has higher precedence in JS than the greater-than (> operator), so I think this will always evaluate to false? If so, this means that 1.2 will never clean up spawned ships, which is not intended. In other words, I think that ! operator is a typo.