Escape Pod Tweaks

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: Escape Pod Tweaks

Post by UK_Eliter »

Dear phkb

Good stuff.

Now: need interstellarTweaks have such a shipdata file? For, that OXP of mine specifies pilots for escape pods, in order (principally) to change the reward messages at stations. However, I do not use scripts as such (and instead use only a characters.plist file). I do not know whether EscapePodsTweaks has been messing with those messages.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

UK_Eliter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 am
need interstellarTweaks have such a shipdata file?
You're already doing everything you need to make it work with the current release. My tests tells me it will work fine now, including your predefined insurance payments. No need for change.
UK_Eliter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 am
I do not know whether EscapePodsTweaks has been messing with those messages.
It probably was before, but shouldn't now. (Although, the F5F5 Manifest page, where I list all the pilot names of any scooped escape pods, will show "A desperate stray, who contributes a small reward (Clean)", which is at least grammatically correct, even if it telegraphs what is going to happen a little)
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Thanks, pkhb.
Although, the F5F5 Manifest page, where I list all the pilot names of any scooped escape pods, will show "A desperate stray, who contributes a small reward (Clean)", which is at least grammatically correct, even if it telegraphs what is going to happen a little [. . .]
Do you mean that the manifest page will truncate the messages-about-pilots that my OXP generates? (I can't check because I am not on the right computer. Sorry.)

Here is another thing. I think that to call that text - 'A desperate stray, who contributes a small reward (Clean)' - grammatically correct is pushing matters. For, the legal rating is little integrated into the sentence - unless (for, again, I don't have Oolite in front of me) the text is divides into columns and the legal rating comes under a column heading called something like 'legal rating'.

Cheers.
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

UK_Eliter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:58 am
Do you mean that the manifest page will truncate the messages-about-pilots that my OXP generates?
Nothing is truncated. Escape Pod Tweaks makes a list of all the individuals picked up in an escape pod you current have in your hold and puts it on your F5F5 Manifest page for reference. The logic I use for displaying these names is to take the pilot "name" property, add a comma, then include the "short_description" property to give the inidividual some character. Normally, this is the pilot's species and home system (eg "a small furry rodent from Tileer"). Finally, I tack on an indicator of whether this pilot is just a normal trader (ie. "Clean"), or whether they're some form of criminal (ie. "Offender" or "Fugitive"). That's the formula. With the special escape pods in IST, you've hard coded the name and short_description properties to "a desperate stray" and "who contributes a <small/large/very large> contribution" respectively. I'm just picking up these values and displaying them in the same way: name+comma+short_description+(offender status).
UK_Eliter wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:58 am
I think that to call that text - 'A desperate stray, who contributes a small reward (Clean)' - grammatically correct is pushing matters.
Well, apart from the (Clean) thing, it at least parses. :D Given what I'm doing and how I'm doing it, to have come out like this, it could certainly have been a lot worse.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

OK, thanks!