Custom Sounds.OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Had the same problem, but only since installing 1.65. Didn't have this on the previous Oolite version with Custom Sounds installed.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
distortal
Poor
Poor

Custom Sounds?

Post by distortal »

The custom sounds mod doesn't appear to be on Oosat anymore - can anyone point me in the direction of a download?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Oosat is beeing rebuilt at the moment as it crashed stopping people putting new OXPs up. The OXPs are graduley being put on the new site.

If you go here

http://oldsat.alioth.net/

You can download the OXPs until they get transfered over to the new site.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
distortal
Poor
Poor

Post by distortal »

Many thanks!

Edit: The sounds OXP doesn't appear to be on there yet (unless I've gone blind) - does anyone have a copy?
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

LittleBear wrote:
What about some warning noises as the sheilds fall such as "Warning Shield critical" when low, "Warning Shields have Failed", when they drop, "Warning hull integrity breached" as the 2nd Engery Bank fails and "Warning Structual integrity field failing. Eject Eject Eject" when on energy low.
And if you don't have an escape capsule/ it got nailed the it says 'Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to commemorate the passing of Commander <insert name here>, a man/woman/black bony lobster <delete as appropriate> from <insert planet of origin here>....'

Captain Hesperus
"It's not the dying that upsets me, it's loosing all the kills."
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Distortal,

If you PM me your e-mail (don't put it up on the boads - spambots lurk!) I'll e-mail you a copy.

There were about 70 OXPs on Oosat, but we are all having to re-submit them to Winston who then has to check them and put them up. I guess it'll be a few weeks before they're all back up. We have the technology, we can rebuild him!
ecmanaut
Poor
Poor

Post by ecmanaut »

Here is an online version, until it's available at oosat again. Thanks, LittleBear!
Fight the tedium!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Does custsounds work on a PC or is it just Mac.

Halsis works fine on my PC, in fact it's a very welcome addition, is there a preference bewtween custom sounds and Halsis,?
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Works on PC great! :o

You get hundreds of new sounds and the star trek computer voice giving you audible warnings and comments "Warning Incoming Missile" "Cloaking Device Active" etc!

Think the Mac users get a lot of speach in the Native game, but us PC users don't. Download immedatley! Personally I think this is one of the best expansion packs to Oolite!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

He He I thought the same about Halsis, the missile warning is excellent, but it does not have a cloaking device active, audio though, so I'll do a switch.
On the subject of cloaking device, I only just found out that it was the zero key Not the O letter key that activates it. That means that I got to deadly without using the cloaking device at all, which was quite hairy, and hence my regular calls for a laser coolant. Now that I have used it I think it's far too effective in shielding you from the enemy, they just become very docile and are easy pickings. Also there is no drain on your energy banks like previous versions of Elite, when you had to be watchful of it's use otherwise you commit suicide!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

If you have both in, then you just delete the .org file you DONT want! Maxium custimisation!

If you kill a ship cloaked, you are not awarded a kill. The cloak does drain a lot of energy, but if you have the Extra Energy Unit & Naval energy Unit, you energy is built up again before the device fails for want of energy. Personally, I think its way too uber, which was why I included the Mark Transponder scanner disableing the cloak, so that you could not complte hits cloaked in Assassins! :twisted:
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

LittleBear wrote:
If you have both in, then you just delete the .org file you DONT want! Maxium custimisation!
I guess you mean choosing the best of both and no duplicates, sounds a good idea (no pun intended)
If you kill a ship cloaked, you are not awarded a kill. The cloak does drain a lot of energy, but if you have the Extra Energy Unit & Naval energy Unit, you energy is built up again before the device fails for want of energy. Personally, I think its way too uber, which was why I included the Mark Transponder scanner disableing the cloak, so that you could not complte hits cloaked in Assassins! :twisted:
Absolutely spot on, playing with the cloaking device activated if you also have the Extra EU and NEU, it changes the balance of the game too much in your favour.

Also in Oolite I don't think I've seen any opposition (pirates, bounty hunters and traders etc) using a cloaking device either, which was fairly common in TNK, and Xelite. Just when you lined 'em up in your sights and let rip they'd disappear and reappear a few seconds later, I think the scanner targetting enhancement may prevent this in Oolite. Would it be possible to do an OXP to resolve this?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

You can give an OXP ship the cloaking device, just with:-

Code: Select all

<key>has_cloaking_device</key>
<real>
<integer>1.0</integer>

in shipdata

BUT when the player is cloaked, NPC ships ignor him. When an NPC is cloaked, although you can't see him / her on the scanner if you go for a visual target, his ship is flickering on and off. You can still see his lasers beams, and so can still get him!
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

I just added this oxp and while I find most if not all the sounds good I did notice that the advanced space compass no longer worked. I removed the oxp and tried again and the compass worked normally.
As the only thing in this apart from .ogg files is a customsounds.plist, which seems to me to be Ok I cannot understand why it breaks the compass.
confused.brit
Above Average
Above Average

Post by confused.brit »

This OXP appears broken in the current version, 1.72.2

I had it working on 1.65-6build1, but after upgrade, im back to the defaults.

Also effects the e5amigasounds.oxp, so it looks like the sounds handling is changed somehow.

Also, in 1.65-6build1, the default sounds were still being played underneath.

guess im off to hack the default sounds :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
ok, this is really really weird...

I just changed a bunch of the oggs to the ones from my tweak of the customsounds oxp, including replacing BlueDanube.ogg and OoliteTheme.ogg with different files with the exact same name, and im still getting BlueDanube when activating Docking Computer (Since this is the most obvious thing i've tried to change, and easiest to test)

The original Bluedanube is in my home folder archive, so I dont know where Oolite is getting the Bluedanube from now... o.0
Last edited by confused.brit on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.