[WIP] GalCop Missions

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

applicant_255
Poor
Poor

Re: [WIP] GalCop Missions

Post by applicant_255 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:42 pm

Links to older versions are here: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite - see bottom of the page (also has links to some older OXPs).

And welcome to the motley crew! Enjoy!

Huumph! Join the club!
Thanks, but those oosat oxps are very very old versions of OXPs from like 2006, I'm actually looking just for GalCopMissions.oxp ( or zip ) from between Sept 2020 and February 12th, the 0.6.2 version before GNN was required. I wish the manage packages feature had a way to roll back, but I guess if it was added now it'd be in the new version I can't quite get.
another_commander wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:29 pm
The Spidermonkey currently in use in Oolite v1.90 is the same as that of v1.84. If there is already an libjs import library for ARM from the version of the game in the repository, you should in theory be able to use it verbatim for v1.90.
Ahh, it does have libmozjs185-1.0 as a requirement for the package, I did try pointing to that at first to get it to compile, when I had problems with the one I got from the git submodules, but I think I went back and undid that when it didn't work right away.

There's also the OOCPUID asm code I just blindly commented out, I saw somebody had a patch from gentoo repos which fixed it but I couldn't find anymore there or anywhere else. I was thinking I could cheat and just have it return the string for my system to get it to work.

I ended up fixating on the included spidermonkey though, and when I saw a mode C++ file with an EXTERN C declaration inside of which had a C++ declaration for a namespaces inside of that, I started to wonder if there was another tree I could bark up.

I think if I go back and retry compiling, I'll start with the 1.84-2 version that I know can be compiled, and see if I can do it here - I'm not actually sure if the one from the repo was compiled on Arm like I'm trying to do, or they used another system and just targeted armhf - up until recently larger projects were usually done on a bigger desktop system because the pi3 for example would have been limited for RAM, and they've only recently gotten a 32-bit system so some larger projects wouldn't compile at all - for some other projects to get it to compile on this machine takes a lot of fiddling with options/flags to get it down to something 32-bit can address.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

applicant_255 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:00 am
Thanks, but those oosat oxps are very very old versions of OXPs from like 2006, I'm actually looking just for GalCopMissions.oxp ( or zip ) from between Sept 2020 and February 12th, the 0.6.2 version before GNN was required. I wish the manage packages feature had a way to roll back, but I guess if it was added now it'd be in the new version I can't quite get.
Sorry!

You might find http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Guide_ ... .282015.29 & http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP_List useful then (if you have not already dug them up!). They each contain OXPs of varying vintages.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
applicant_255
Poor
Poor

Post by applicant_255 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:44 pm
Sorry!

You might find http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Guide_ ... .282015.29 & http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP_List useful then (if you have not already dug them up!). They each contain OXPs of varying vintages.
Well, that's closer in date for some of those items, but it isn't listed there, it's not an unlisted OXP, it's in the wiki listed, it's just that the links always go to the filename GalCopMissions.oxp, and end up pointing to the latest version of that file, so looking at old posts in this thread, or on the wiki page you always get the newest version. I either need the developer here to post the older version somewhere, or for somebody who downloaded that version between september and february 12th to post the version they have.

I might also suggest that the developer changes the manifest requirements from saying 1.84 to 1.86 because of the new GNN requirement which itself requires 1.86, but I suspect I'm one a very small group of people who this might affect - anyone that can upgrade their version of oolite would do better to take that route instead.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

applicant_255 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:09 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:44 pm
Sorry!

Well, that's closer in date for some of those items, but it isn't listed there, it's not an unlisted OXP, it's in the wiki listed, it's just that the links always go to the filename GalCopMissions.oxp, and end up pointing to the latest version of that file, so looking at old posts in this thread, or on the wiki page you always get the newest version. I either need the developer here to post the older version somewhere, or for somebody who downloaded that version between september and february 12th to post the version they have.

I might also suggest that the developer changes the manifest requirements from saying 1.84 to 1.86 because of the new GNN requirement which itself requires 1.86, but I suspect I'm one a very small group of people who this might affect - anyone that can upgrade their version of oolite would do better to take that route instead.
Righty-ho.

I've got a version I downloaded on Oct 2020. But - I'm not on e-mail.

What do you suggest?
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:05 pm
I'm not on e-mail.
Do you get strange looks when you tell people that? I get strange looks when I tell people I haven't got a mobile phone!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Cody wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:45 pm
I'm not on e-mail.
Do you get strange looks when you tell people that? I get strange looks when I tell people I haven't got a mobile phone!
No. I get the strange looks when I give them the flagging address of my semaphore tower.

Last edited by Cholmondely on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
applicant_255
Poor
Poor

Post by applicant_255 »

Righty-ho.

What do you suggest?
Wow, okay, everything I had some how required some kind of authentication - it took way longer than I thought it would, but I made a thing that doesn't, you should be able to upload it here:
https://files.adamhasa.com
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Apologies for coming to this a little late.
applicant_255 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:44 pm
Any way to get the previous version?
For my OXP development, I only run the one branch, and I'm really trying to avoid having to maintain multiple versions, so I keep any publicly available version limited to only the most recent.
The best I can do for you is version 0.6.1, from September 2020, which I've uploaded here: GalCopMissions_0.6.1.oxz. No support for this one - any bug-fixes or additions you want to apply you'll need to copy out of the main release and add yourself. This might end up being older than the file you've already been offered, so, whatever works best for you.
applicant_255 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:09 pm
I might also suggest that the developer changes the manifest requirements from saying 1.84 to 1.86 because of the new GNN requirement which itself requires 1.86
That's a good point. I'll add it to the next release. Thanks.

And good luck with your rebuilding task!
applicant_255
Poor
Poor

Post by applicant_255 »

phkb wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 pm
Apologies for coming to this a little late.

For my OXP development, I only run the one branch, and I'm really trying to avoid having to maintain multiple versions, so I keep any publicly available version limited to only the most recent.
The best I can do for you is version 0.6.1, from September 2020, which I've uploaded here: GalCopMissions_0.6.1.oxz. No support for this one - any bug-fixes or additions you want to apply you'll need to copy out of the main release and add yourself. This might end up being older than the file you've already been offered, so, whatever works best for you.

And good luck with your rebuilding task!
No need to apologize, I know I'm already getting more than I paid for in both software and support.

0.6.1 is an upgrade to what I had before which was somewhere in the 5s, and of course better for me than the 0.6.3 version that just gives me an error.

If Cholmondely is able to upload the 0.6.2 version, do you mind if I post the link to that here as well, just in case somebody else is weird in my particular way?
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

applicant_255 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:05 pm
If Cholmondely is able to upload the 0.6.2 version, do you mind if I post the link to that here as well, just in case somebody else is weird in my particular way?
Not at all. I'd be happy to host the file on my Box account too, if that will help, will all the disclaimers above yada yada.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

applicant_255 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:33 pm
Righty-ho.

What do you suggest?
Wow, okay, everything I had some how required some kind of authentication - it took way longer than I thought it would, but I made a thing that doesn't, you should be able to upload it here:
https://files.adamhasa.com
Done! Apologies for the delay: a power cut hit just as I was searching for the file to copy it to you!
Comments wanted:
applicant_255
Poor
Poor

Post by applicant_255 »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 am
Done! Apologies for the delay: a power cut hit just as I was searching for the file to copy it to you!
Received, and thank you, no apology needed, once again I get more than I paid for.

However it seems that the version you had was also 0.6.1.

I just did a diff between the 0.6.1 and 0.6.3 files, and the vast majority is with the transition to GNN, only seems to be a small change to Scripts/galcopbb_charity.js for the bugfix mentioned, unless something fixed in 6.2 was then excised in 6.3 -

Code: Select all

36 diff -br galcop/Scripts/galcopbb_charity.js galcop2/Scripts/galcopbb_charity.js
     37 450c450
     38 <               if (worldScripts.market_observer3 && amt > 0) {
     39 ---
     40 >               if (worldScripts.worldScripts.market_observer3 && amt > 0) {
Maybe I'll stick that change in my copy and make sure my meddling doesn't spontaneously create a bunch of trumbles, then share it back here.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Here you can find all uploaded versions: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/File:G ... ssions.oxz. However, Version 0.6.1 is straight followed by Version 0.6.3.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

I like the GalCop missions -- they give a nice bit of variety to the day-to-day choices a pilot has.

Something I noted is that with Oolite 1.90 (on mac os), is that in the OXP manager, GalCop fails to download.

If I manually install a more recent version to my AddOns folder, will Oolite pick that up in preference over the ManagedAddOns version? (I'm trying to figure out if I can upgrade version without losing progress or current mission status).

I'm also wondering about targeted cargo pirate missions -- does the OXP increase the likelihood of seeing cargo containers of the mission type? I got a mission for alien items, which I took thinking the mission would make more of them drop (normally you never see alien items canisters), and I didn't notice any after quite a bit of pirating in the target system.

Thanks for supporting this OXP, it's great to have a variety of choices in missions.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Bogatyr wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:52 am
If I manually install a more recent version to my AddOns folder, will Oolite pick that up in preference over the ManagedAddOns version?
It should do, yes! You can always manually remove the managed version.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!