Traffic Redistributer OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Traffic Redistributer

Post by Redspear »

Astrobe wrote:
It's also about the size of an Adder, which does have a hyperdrive
The adder is 10m longer than the transporter (I think) which might not sound like much but constitutes nearly a third of the length of the latter.

With 5(6?) times the cargo (approx half that of the much larger mk III) there appears to be 5 times as much empty space in a vessel that's only 75% as big. Whilst by no means impossible such a state of affairs is at least remarkable.

Astrobe wrote:
So let's pretend one removes a few seats to fit a hyperdrive and be done with it.
Agreed. Minor scale issues are hardly worth worrying about in the standard game where so many exist already.

Hyperdrive has been added, testing has begun and early results are encouraging.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Traffic Redistributer OXZ

Post by Redspear »

v 2.0 now available from the in game manager.

Only real difference is that it rations fast (above 0.3LM) traders added by other oxps.
They still appear, just less often.

Lest this appear like oxp bullying, the idea of reducing the frequency of fast traders is the whole purpose of this oxp.
If the player doesn't want that then the player probably shouldn't use this oxp.

Like any oxp, player discretion is advised.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

OK, so I've got a new version of this thing that I think solves the main problem of it's predecessors (i.e. not all passive masslocks are traders so the effect is reduced but... if you also slow the non traders as well then the game is too easy).

But the new .space website doesn't appear to have an upload manifest option or similar.

I appreciate that this has likely been mentioned before elsewhere but it's not currently jumping out at me so please advise on how to upload to the new manager.

Thanks.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Redspear wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:56 pm
please advise on how to upload to the new manager.
It's... well, different now.

Step 1: Put the OXP somewhere it can be downloaded. Quite likely this will be the Wiki. That step hasn't changed.

Step 2 (Officially): Open a support ticket here: https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite ... log/issues
Step 2 (Unofficially): Just let me know if the download URL changed (ie. you put the version number into the file you uploaded, or you kept the name the same and replaced the existing file on the wiki).

Step 3: One of the dev team will trigger a rebuild of the index, which will include your changed file.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Redspear wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:58 pm
Thanks phkb.

I think I'll just post to the wiki for now and worry about the rest later.
There is nothing else to worry about.
When you upload to the wiki you should have a URL that can be used to download your file.

The only step you need to do is let others know this URL.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Well I've updated/replaced the old file on the wiki for anyone who wants it:

https://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/4/ ... ibuter.oxz

v 3.0 Alters distribution according to government type. Mimics a sort of 'arms race' where slower ships are drawn to the safer systems. Makes mass-locks shorter (often but not always) and escape more likely in safer systems.