[RELEASE] Thargoid Weaponry.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Thargoid Weaponry.oxp

Post by montana05 »

Thank you Nite Owl and Cholmondely,
I am currently kind of busy in RL and therefore just stopping by here every now and then. However, a long weekend begun, so hopefully I will have the time to upload a tweak for this OXP, I did prepare something, including a cannon, but still need to do some test runs which, usually, need more time than the coding. :roll:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Thargoid Weaponry.oxp

Post by montana05 »

Version 1.20 now available:

Overview
========

This OXP brings you the Thargoid Ray Laser, the Thargoid Cannon and the Thargoid Plasma Accelerator.

- Thargoid Ray Laser: A captured Thargoid Weapon, Slightly modified by GalCop. More damage but no self-aiming anymore.
- Thargoid Cannon: An energy cannon based on a Thargoid Ray Laser.
- Thargoid Plasma Accelerator: As seen in the Mutabilis and Incursio novels. It can be fired once every 8 seconds.

It is suggested not to fire the Thargoid Plasma Accelerator until the Laser Temperature Bar has cooled all the way back down again,
because otherwise it'll take twice as much time to cool.

Availability
==========

All weapons can be bought at tech level 14+ locations. Additional in anarchies, feudals and multi-gov systems or at independent and
sleazy places with a minimum of a tech level 7 they are sometimes offered as well.

Thargoid Ray Laser: C 1,100.00
Thargoid Cannon: C 5,000.00
Thargoid Plasma Accelerator: C 10,000.00

Please note that this are the standard prices and might be different at some stations.
Cannon and Accelerator only fit in larger ships like a Cobra Mark III (minimum 200 t).

Credits
======

original author and in charge of V 1.00 and V 1.10: Nexus-Hex

Dependencies
============

none

Version History
=============

V 1.00:
- OXP Release

V 1.10:
- Increased damage and recharge rate on Thargoid Laser (works now like a Beam Laser)
- Reduced price of the Thargoid Laser (A little more expensive than the Pulse Laser)
- Reduced price of the Thargoid Plasma Accelerator

V 1.20:
- Corrected some typos and changed the name to Thargoid Ray Laser
- Added some features from later Oolite releases
- Raised the price of the Thargoid Laser (now a little more expensive than a Beam Laser)
- Included the Thargoid Cannon (energy weapon based on the Thargoid Laser)
- Attached a condition script to all entries
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.