[RELEASE] Thargoid Weaponry.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: [RELEASE] Thargoid Weaponry.oxp

Post by Norby »

Nexus-Hex wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:49 am
How can I add my OXP to the Wiki?
Ask Maik in PM for your wiki account, then login and check the source of other pages by pressing the edit button at the top (just do not save :)).

A new page will be born if you simply type the page name you choosed into the end of location line:
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Thargoid_Weaponry
Not a surprise that "there is currently no text in this page", but now you can press on the "create" tab in top middle. Paste the source of another similar page and modify it for your package, for example include the link of this topic ( http://bb.aegidian.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18537 ).

Always use the "show preview" button first and press save only after you reached the final lookout. Be careful: the wiki store all versions in the history, so you can not purge any of your saves. Even a delete is mean a new blank version only but all previous pages are still public under the history tab.

The wiki is a teamwork so don't be surprised if another contributor suddenly change something on your page, for example but not only fixing typos or missing parts. Good luck! :)
Nexus-Hex
Competent
Competent

Post by Nexus-Hex »

Norby wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:10 pm
Nexus-Hex wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:49 am
How can I add my OXP to the Wiki?
Ask Maik in PM for your wiki account, then login and check the source of other pages by pressing the edit button at the top (just do not save :)).

A new page will be born if you simply type the page name you choosed into the end of location line:
Not a surprise that "there is currently no text in this page", but now you can press on the "create" tab in top middle. Paste the source of another similar page and modify it for your package, for example include the link of this topic ( http://bb.aegidian.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18537 ).

Always use the "show preview" button first and press save only after you reached the final lookout. Be careful: the wiki store all versions in the history, so you can not purge any of your saves. Even a delete is mean a new blank version only but all previous pages are still public under the history tab.

The wiki is a teamwork so don't be surprised if another contributor suddenly change something on your page, for example but not only fixing typos or missing parts. Good luck! :)

Thanks. I PMed him.
You'll see my page soon.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Go ahead then :)
Nexus-Hex
Competent
Competent

Post by Nexus-Hex »

Thargoid Weaponry now has a Wiki Page

Its not added to the OXP List. Help me with that. Please
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

You might want to add some blurb to your Wiki User page, and add a link to your OXP.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Nexus-Hex,

A fine first effort at scripting! An excellent idea (that of a captured Thargoid weapon)!

PS: On the Wiki page, and in the blurb in the download manager, you might want to clarify the meaning of, 'No Self-Aiming (actually works).' That's not grammatical and I don't know what it means. :(
Josef
Competent
Competent

Post by Josef »

Hi everybody,
the download-link of that OXP does not work. Is somewhere another one or is it already finished?
Josef
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Josef wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:28 pm
Hi everybody,
the download-link of that OXP does not work. Is somewhere another one or is it already finished?
I had no joy either.

In cases like this one asks Maik who has the magic touch which the rest of us seem to lack...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Josef wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:28 pm
Hi everybody,
Or one finds that the Man of Mystery has just come along and sorted out the whole problem rather quietly...

Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cody

Post by Cody »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:42 am
Or one finds that the Man of Mystery has just come along and sorted out the whole problem...
The mystery man came over
And he said I'm outta sight
He said for a nominal service charge
I could reach nirvana tonight
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cody wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:04 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:42 am
Or one finds that the Man of Mystery has just come along and sorted out the whole problem...
The mystery man came over
And he said I'm outta sight
He said for a nominal service charge
I could reach nirvana tonight
Seems you recognized Charon on the picture. :lol:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Don't pay the ferryman
Don't even fix a price
Don't pay the ferryman
Until he gets you to the other side
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

A bit of confusion arose when looking at the code for this OXZ, both old and new versions, as follows.

Code: Select all

<snip>
"Thargoid Laser"
<snip>
recharge_rate = 11.0;
<snip>
From what is available on THE WIKI and what has been seen in other Weapon OXZs that is an extremely high recharge rate. A recharge rate of 0.1 gives a laser a continuous beam as with the default Military Laser. A recharge rate of 0.5 is the standard for the default Pulse Laser. The default Mining Laser has a recharge rate of 2.5. A recharge rate of 11.0 seems a bit out of range. This is based on what has been read by me. If this is wrong and there is some other coding magic in the higher range of numbers that has yet to enter my consciousness then please correct me. Learning new stuff is all that is desired here. Knowledge is Power. Other such cliches.

Thank You for your continued time and effort.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Nite Owl wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:19 pm
A bit of confusion arose when looking at the code for this OXZ, both old and new versions, as follows.

Code: Select all

<snip>
"Thargoid Laser"
<snip>
recharge_rate = 11.0;
<snip>
From what is available on THE WIKI and what has been seen in other Weapon OXZs that is an extremely high recharge rate. A recharge rate of 0.1 gives a laser a continuous beam as with the default Military Laser. A recharge rate of 0.5 is the standard for the default Pulse Laser. The default Mining Laser has a recharge rate of 2.5. A recharge rate of 11.0 seems a bit out of range. This is based on what has been read by me. If this is wrong and there is some other coding magic in the higher range of numbers that has yet to enter my consciousness then please correct me. Learning new stuff is all that is desired here. Knowledge is Power. Other such cliches.

But it's such a snip at the price!
Comments wanted:
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Nite Owl wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:19 pm

I admit that the only file I opened was the license, so this should be the original version by Nexus-Hex. However, based on the description, 0.1 instead of 11.0 sounds more accurate.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.