Feudal Systems

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Re: Feudal Systems

Post by hiran »

MrFlibble wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 pm
hiran wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm
MrFlibble wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm
The "Station at the end of the universe" from save in flight is a thing at a distance, but that thing is more logical.. a station.
Does it have a space bar? And that famous restaurant?
I didn't find them by the normal means. PS.target.explode() sadly yields no barrels of Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster or Obliging Meat Doners.
So the end of the universe is not in Feudal.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Put those barrels down! You don’t know where they’ve been!

And, shh! No one is supposed to know about the barrels.

Note to self: Investigate LRS and work out how to nerf it.
phkb

Post by phkb »

DGill wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 pm
I now get the landing sites showing on the scanner upon launch from Digebiti station, which is great.
I get the flashing beacon and the landing instructions.
But I fly straight through the beacon without landing.
Do I need to do something else e.g. request landing permission?
Did you get any comms messages from "Digebiti Planetary Control" as you approached?

The order of comms messages is:
1. "For planet-side landing please approach and your automated landing clearance request will be triggered."
2. "Landing clearance request received." followed immediately by "Please await confirmation before beginning final approach.".
3. "Landing clearance granted." followed immediately by "Please approach the ground control interface point slowly, at less than 100 meters per second."

Which messages did you not receive?
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

phkb wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 pm
DGill wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 pm
I now get the landing sites showing on the scanner upon launch from Digebiti station, which is great.
I get the flashing beacon and the landing instructions.
But I fly straight through the beacon without landing.
Do I need to do something else e.g. request landing permission?
Did you get any comms messages from "Digebiti Planetary Control" as you approached?

The order of comms messages is:
1. "For planet-side landing please approach and your automated landing clearance request will be triggered."
2. "Landing clearance request received." followed immediately by "Please await confirmation before beginning final approach.".
3. "Landing clearance granted." followed immediately by "Please approach the ground control interface point slowly, at less than 100 meters per second."

Which messages did you not receive?
I recieved all messages. I think MrFibble was right and I approached too low below the beacon. I had initially received a meesage saying my approach was too steep so probably over compensated. I'll have too try and improve my flying skills!
MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by MrFlibble »

phkb wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 pm
Note to self: Investigate LRS and work out how to nerf it.
Nooo! please don't. It's been de-fanged enough with the multi-hop being b0rked already. Debug toolz it is! I find bugz fast, and no using it when playing for fun. Mucha handy! No breaka da groovy gear pleeze!!

And THAT is the last time I will EVER channel ja-ja!!
phkb

Post by phkb »

It’s alright. I looked at how it works, and there’s no real way I can hide the station barrels. More than what I’m already doing anyway
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

CaptSolo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:50 am
The Diqudi Royal Cruiser, affectionately called "the ROC". This ship will be featured in a chart three mission someday. It can just barely traverse through standard docking ports.

CaptSolo wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:05 pm
I have a couple abandoned Wings models. Abandoned not because I tired of them or modeling no longer was fun. No, I just could not justify the time spent on these projects. One is a fairly large craft that I had dubbed the "Diqudi Royal Cruiser". The backstory had to do with the feudal royal houses on Diqudi, a planet in galaxy three. The other craft is a remake of SimonB's Cat Mk II, which I always thought has great lines. I would guess it is about the size of a viper. It is approximately 50x18x70 meters. I cut down on the poly count and generally reshaped it somewhat so it wouldn't look exactly like his. I had started designing gun subents for it when work was halted. I would say that both could meet the criteria you listed.

I would be willing to unwrap the models to produce the UV images but perhaps someone else would offer to do the texturing.
CaptSolo wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:33 pm
This was going to be the Diqudi Royal Cruiser. The projection on top was imagined as royal quarters and throne room.
CaptSolo, is this still available?

And is there any more information on your backstory?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?