The Sledge Hammer and the Mouse.

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: The Sledge Hammer and the Mouse.

Post by Paradox »

ClymAngus wrote:
It's Mr P back in business. Excellent.
Playing with the nature of language eh? I haven't seen that since clockwork orange (now there was a chewy book that demanded the attention of the reader). It's quite possible that I don't read enough.

ClymAngus!!! I was hoping more of the old gang would wander in! Very glad to see you!

I never read C.O. I did however see the movie. };] Slaughter is a better word for what I am doing I think...
ClymAngus wrote:
A brave act, decimating the queens English to illustrate the shortcomings of a narrator/character. It might loose you as much of an audience as it gains you and is a device that lends itself more to audio that the written form. Mind you bounder testing is one of your forte's. :D

Good to see you back P.
All I know is... It seemed a good idea at the time. However, I am SOOO regretting it now. It is so incredibly difficult to write that way! The fingers insist on trying to spell the words properly, Whilst the brain just sits there shaking it's head and demanding I do it all over again! };] I hear Sledge talking like a 1930s gangster but had no idea it would be that hard to write.

As for an audience... Everyone seems to have wandered off. }:[ Lots of new games out there right now I suppose. Star Citizen is looking really good, but that's a topic for another thread. :)

Boundry testing...? Me? :twisted: At work they call it rocking the boat for some reason... :twisted:
Malacandra
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Malacandra »

Paradox wrote:

As for an audience... Everyone seems to have wandered off. }:[ Lots of new games out there right now I suppose. Star Citizen is looking really good, but that's a topic for another thread. :)
Still looking in from time to time, I promise! :)
"Sidewinder Precision Pro" and other Oolite fiction is now available for Amazon Kindle at a bargain price.

Sidewinder Precision Pro ||Claymore Mine ||The Russian Creed ||One Jump Ahead

All titles also available in paperback.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Paradox wrote:
ClymAngus!!! I was hoping more of the old gang would wander in! Very glad to see you!

I never read C.O. I did however see the movie. };] Slaughter is a better word for what I am doing I think...

That film has something for everyone. A true examination of what it means to walk out into the world and just take whatever you like. It is a softcore fairy tale. A lurid
indictment of the beasts that lie within.
Paradox wrote:

All I know is... It seemed a good idea at the time. However, I am SOOO regretting it now. It is so incredibly difficult to write that way! The fingers insist on trying to spell the words properly, Whilst the brain just sits there shaking it's head and demanding I do it all over again! };] I hear Sledge talking like a 1930s gangster but had no idea it would be that hard to write.
It's like playing the piano; the hardest thing to do they say, is knowing the correct form then consciously breaking it just a little, but enough to get your point across.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=les+d ... 3Uacbbs-AO

Paradox wrote:
"This subtle light, held for histories sake, is paled before bonfires forged by artful youth."
Still, the put in or shut up ethic of oolite still stands. It is a modders game by design. Not by hack just so some focused individual can play at being Picard. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But why Mary Sue? When this world was left empty of stories and designs as yet untold?
Paradox wrote:
Boundry testing...? Me? :twisted: At work they call it rocking the boat for some reason... :twisted:
[/quote]

I am reminded of the old philosophical discussion; if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it does it make a sound? The internet is fortunately different; as long as we don't 404. Our sounds will wait for someone to walk into the woods and find the falling trees.

My own works go slowly, I've hit a stumbling block around chapter 15 of the second book of the chronicles of Shulth: Exodus. As one of the only people left floating around I would respect your candour on the subject...
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

This is now linked to the Oolite fiction wiki page
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Just now I've found this thread. I've enjoyed reading the story!