Library

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Library

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:47 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:58 am
Cody wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:21 am
Damn! Yeah, I saw the whiskey on the table. I've elevated his forum rank to Commander.
We have DAJT's Memorial to departed commanders. No license.

Maybe we could rewrite it and mention Svengali & Ironfist.

And should somebody put up a Svengali [RIP] thread like Smivs did for Ironfist?
Well, we do not have any confirmation, just some guesses from a video. However, rewriting DAJT's and mention at least Ironfist sounds like a good idea.
I'm sure that by the time a revised Monument comes out, that we should all be certain.

I'm convinced that one of his more obscure oxp's (ie not on the Expansions Manager) contained a ReadMe with a list of some academics who possibly helped him. I've not found it yet.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

... just some guesses from a video.
And a bounced email. However, if he turns up and says: "Talk of my demise is greatly exaggerated!" I'll be well pleased.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cody wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:14 pm
... just some guesses from a video.
And a bounced email. However, if he turns up and says: "Talk of my demise is greatly exaggerated!" I'll be well pleased.
I do agree with you. The Olli from the video worked at https://me-event.de/ so it should be possible to get further information's from there. I guess Mr Kordian Bogotsch (HR) would be a start.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

BlackWolf wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:53 pm
Yes. Been waiting on this in anticipation. :)
BlackWolf... can you help me with the P.A.D. ?

(I saw your name on the Lib_PAD.js header)

I'm not a programmer and from within another OXP I want to:

1) insert Digebiti under my "Origin" on the PAD "Persons" page

2) insert a page for Digebiti on the PAD "Systems" page

How do I do this?
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:10 am
How do I do this?
Did this help at all?
phkb wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:37 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:57 am
I wish to include a page for Digebiti on the PAD "Systems" page
Using the debug console, enter:

Code: Select all

worldScripts.Lib_PAD._addPageInCategory("SYSTEMS.Digebiti G1", {name:"Digebiti G1", info:["Home planet","Located just to the south of GalCenter G1"]})
I wish to include a page for Prince-Elector Rupert XIX on the PAD "Persons" page

worldScripts.Lib_PAD._addPageInCategory("PERSONS.Prince-Elector Rupert XIX", {name: "Prince-Elector Rupert XIX", origin:"Digebiti G1",species:"Human colonial",gender:"Male",age:41,ship:"None",rank:"Prince",t0:0,t1:"lib_user.png",t2:0})
Note: if you have an image to use for the person, you can change "lib_user.png" to whatever that file is (it would have to be in the "Textures" folder of an OXP, though).
I wish to include Digebiti under my "Origin" on the PAD "Persons" page
Updating your information through the "Player data" menu will update the information on the "Persons" page.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:20 am
How do I do this?
Did this help at all?

worldScripts.Lib_PAD._addPageInCategory("SYSTEMS.Digebiti G1", {name:"Digebiti G1", info:["Home planet","Located just to the south of GalCenter G1"]})
I wish to include a page for Prince-Elector Rupert XIX on the PAD "Persons" page

worldScripts.Lib_PAD._addPageInCategory("PERSONS.Prince-Elector Rupert XIX", {name: "Prince-Elector Rupert XIX", origin:"Digebiti G1",species:"Human colonial",gender:"Male",age:41,ship:"None",rank:"Prince",t0:0,t1:"lib_user.png",t2:0})
Note: if you have an image to use for the person, you can change "lib_user.png" to whatever that file is (it would have to be in the "Textures" folder of an OXP, though).
Updating your information through the "Player data" menu will update the information on the "Persons" page.
Currently stuck trying out the Hints.oxp for other .oxps - I'm getting the usual collection of error messages. So once again, I'm going through the descriptions.plist line-by-line looking for lurking semi-colons!

This one (Digebiti.oxp) I'm building up, little by little. I know where I want to get to, and know virtually nothing about the code to get there! But I'm hoping to integrate it with Library in a way that seems never to have been properly done (presuming you and others show me how...). I will give it a stab, honest, but my debug console is currently out-of-kilter (too many oxp's?) and giving me pains in the unmentionables.
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:20 am
How do I do this?
Did this help at all?

As adumbrated above, my debug console does not appear any more when I'm running v.1.9TR (I've not yet tried it with the OXP's removed), No matter. I want the Digebiti.oxp to insert the pages for it into the PAD (and also for LongWay to do the same for Orixon Behan, Qubeen and possibly his nephew too).

I tried this (script.js in a "Config" folder created inside the AddOns folder):

"use strict";
this.name	= "Digebiti.oxp";
this.author	= "Cholmondeley";
this.copyright	= "2022 Cholmondeley (but it's really all Phkb's!)";
this.description= "Digebiti.oxp";
this.licence	= "CC BY-NC-SA 4.0";

{

}
and got this:

08:54:19.950 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (Digebiti.oxp): TypeError: worldScripts.Lib_PAD is undefined
08:54:19.950 [script.javaScript.load.failed] -[OOJSScript initWithPath:properties:] (OOJSScript.m:267): ***** Error loading JavaScript script /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Config/script.js -- could not run script
Note: these all merrily loaded:
Lib_2DCollision 1.7.1
Lib_Animator 1.7.1
Lib_BinSearch 1.7.1
Lib_Config 1.7.1
Lib_Crypt 1.7.1
Lib_Cubecode 1.7.1
Lib_EntityStrength 1.7.1
Lib_GUI 1.7.1
Lib_Main 1.7.1
Lib_MissionCoord 1.7.1
Lib_Music 1.7.1
Lib_PAD 1.7.1
Lib_PAD_Events 1.7.1
Lib_Starmap 1.7.1

When I removed the curly brackets encapsulating the two commands, I got the identical error message

"use strict";

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to sacrifice another pirate to the Witchspace Lobster using the purified puce pincers of perfidiousness?
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Change the code to this:

"use strict";

this.startUpComplete = function() {
}
And see what you get
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:13 am
Change the code to this:

"use strict";

}
And see what you get
Bingo!!

Thank you!!
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:13 am
Change the code to this:

"use strict";

}
I've tried adding text, and the new pages usually refuse to show when I do so.
A "no-show" example:

worldScripts.Lib_PAD._addPageInCategory("SYSTEMS.Digebiti G1", {name:"Digebiti G1", info:["Home planet","The feudal paradise of Digebiti is just south of GalCenter G1","The killer mountain Seoids rule the mountains"]})
    worldScripts.Lib_PAD._addPageInCategory("PERSONS.Prince-Elector Rupert XIX", {name: "Prince-Elector Rupert XIX", origin:"Digebiti G1",species:"Human colonial",gender:"Male",age:41,ship:"None",rank:"Prince",info:"Rupert of the House of Lancaster, reigns from the Cocktail Throne in Lesser Walsingham","He worries about the constant diplomatic friction between Digebiti and Inonri",t0:0,t1:"lib_user.png",t2:0})
}
And when I try this:
{name: "Prince-Elector Rupert XIX", origin:"Digebiti G1",species:"Human colonial",gender:"Male",age:41,ship:"None",rank:"Prince",info:"gurgle!",t0:0,t1:"lib_user.png",t2:0}
and name:"Digebiti G1", info:["Home planet","Located just to the south of GalCenter G1","gurgle!"]

I get gurgle! at the top of the list for Digebiti G1

and I get

!
e
l
g
r
u
g

for Prince Rupert!

There seems to be no mention of any of this (or what to do about it) on Lib PAD
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

For the prince, put the “gurgle” in square brackets. Ie. [“gurgle”]

For clarity, the “info” property is an array of strings, and an array is defined with []. So you could then add another string with [“gurgle”, “I was ‘ere”] and so on.

Note: don’t copy the double quotes from this post. I’m doing this on an iPad, and it puts the wrong type of double quotes in.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:25 am
For the prince, put the “gurgle” in square brackets. Ie. [“gurgle”]

For clarity, the “info” property is an array of strings, and an array is defined with []. So you could then add another string with [“gurgle”, “I was ‘ere”] and so on.

Note: don’t copy the double quotes from this post. I’m doing this on an iPad, and it puts the wrong type of double quotes in.
Thanks for this.

There seems to a limit of 64 characters on any line, and the lines have to specified individually (no line-wrapping).

There also seems to be a limit of 4 lines in the info section.
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

New wiki page: MatFinder

GalCop health warning - this is complete and utter gobbledegook to me!

I've taken all I could find, categorised it and added some pretty pictures. I just hope that somebody who understands it all (a_c_? Montana05?) can massage it into better shape!
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

DOCUMENTATION
DGill wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:45 pm
A lot to think about!
August Sir,

I stumbled across Category: OXPDoc which has documentation links for both Library.oxp and for its predecessor CCL. (There is also stuff for BGS & GNN.)

Looking at this from the Library OXP page:
Features
For Documentation just follow the links.
* ''Lib_2DCollision.js'' - Methods for checking if point is in bounding-box, on line or in poly.
* ''Lib_Animator.js'' - Tool to create animations on missionscreens (see [[#Demos|Demos]]).
* ''Lib_BinSearch.js'' - Instantiated search tree.
* ''Lib_Config.js'' - Configuration interface for AddOns.
* ''Lib_Crypt.js'' - De-/Encryption for strings.
* ''Lib_GUI.js'' - Unified GUI image, sound and music handling.
* ''Lib_Main.js'' - Generic functions for various tasks.
* ''Lib_Music.js'' - Unified event driven and generic music handling (see [[#Demos|Demos]]).
* ''Lib_PAD.js'' - Unified logbook, mission-log, diary and interface. {{AV|1.7}}
* ''Lib_Starmap.js'' - In-System-Maps in 3D (docked and inflight) (see [[#Demos|Demos]]). {{AV|1.7}}
The 3 Demos will be found in his Box account: https://app.box.com/s/h78y01lg9b (look in Developer's Edge > Library)

*Svengali's box account is seemingly a mix of stuff already posted for more general in-game use, with some more esoteric gubbins for .oxp programmers (for using Library, GNN etc). Over 120 files (some .oxps). His "picks" seem to be older files which he was maintaining.

*Arquebus used the Music Orchestral Demo as the model for his Contextual Jukebox OXP where the music changes for Green Alert, Red Alert, approaching the planet, etc.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would suspect that Svengali never finished documenting Library.oxp. But it seems that he did finish documenting CCL, the predecessor. Any missing documentation might well be available for CCL through Category: OXPDoc.

The older CCL documentation:
Cabal Common Library Doc 2DCollision (updated for Library.oxp)
Cabal Common Library Doc BinSearch (updated for Library.oxp)
Cabal Common Library Doc Briefing (animating mission scripts)
Cabal Common Library Doc Comms (secure comms channels? - see icon below)
Cabal Common Library Doc Functions (50 of them...)
Cabal Common Library Doc Keyboard (Alphanumeric, Alphabetic, Numeric and Hexadecimal keyboards for docked players)
Cabal Common Library Doc MissionHandling (coordinate mission offerings based on tokens in system descriptions)
Cabal Common Library Doc Music (updated for Library.oxp)
Cabal Common Library Doc Overlay (handles 19 slots for inflight overlays (10x characters, 9x notifications) using shaders to place them on screen)
Cabal Common Library Doc OXPStrength (determines player strength and strength of the environment)
Cabal Common Library Doc PhraseGen (this might now be part of GNN)
Cabal Common Library Doc SpecialMarkets (another option for trading in special goods and calculates prices and availabilities for inserted items)

For example, might one presume that the undocumented ''Lib_Main.js'' - Generic functions for various tasks would have been a cut and paste of some of the above?

Library.oxp Secure Comms icon
(also lurking in CCL.oxp).
Comments wanted: