[Release] Star Destroyer 1.6

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Star Destroyer 1.6

Post by ffutures »

Holy crap - something I can't afford (yet) since my current bank balance is "only" 21 million

Not sure I particularly want one, but it certainly gives me a goal to aim at.

Out of interest, how much money can you have before something goes horribly wrong?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

ffutures wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:50 pm
Holy crap - something I can't afford (yet) since my current bank balance is "only" 21 million

Not sure I particularly want one, but it certainly gives me a goal to aim at.

Out of interest, how much money can you have before something goes horribly wrong?
Well, my current balance at my main character is 457,072,000 (ownest) credits and the game is running just fine :D

Regarding Star Destroyer, it's a fine ship I personally just prefer "smaller" ones. After about 2 months I exchanged it back to a Dark Rainbow.

Edit:
I totally forgot, @ Norby:
During the resize of the shuttle a lot of quality got lost, by using the original model and "model_scale_factor" = 0.15; you get the same dimensions but (I personally believe) enhanced quality.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

A few thoughts.

"Immersion" matters:

Docking/Launching
The little shuttle is fun. But the player should be on it, not looking down on it from the bridge of the ISD! And one should be on it when going back and docking with the ISD. It would be much more fun, too!

The Nuit station is still available:(http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Nuit_Space_Station_OXP has several links to it. The only station allowing external docking (in theory...). Not only did my itsy-bitsy shuttle do it instead of the ISD each time I tried, but I could not find a single Nuit when I approached to dock with the real station orbitals. Yet when I left the station, they had been spontaneously generating while I was inside - and there could be several appearing from nowhere (like praying mantis's) which I then had to try and avoid on leaving the system.

Buying/Selling
Once can buy and sell horrendous amounts of stuff. This should not be done in just a couple of seconds as the stuff has to be ferried between the station and the ship. It should take time. And even longer with those piddling little Rock Hermits.
And outfitting in the Shipyard, ditto: bring the goodies over, although presumably the naval engineers can fit it during flight rather than all at once.

Maintenance
I've not flown it for long enough, but one would would presume that the naval engineers again can do almost all that is necessary on board during flight, or a stopover. Real Dockyard Maintenance would require something rather different than one of those piddling little Coriolis stations... Nor should it need repair bots. With 9,235 Officers, 27,850 Enlisted crew & 9,700 Stormtroopers, there should be enough screwdriver-wielders to sort out whatever needs fixing.

NPC Reactions
These should be rather spectacular, unless these things are three a penny. People should be utterly petrified when one looms into sight...

Reference: Nuit Station

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:21 pm
Docking/Launching
The little shuttle is fun. But the player should be on it, not looking down on it from the bridge of the ISD! And one should be on it when going back and docking with the ISD. It would be much more fun, too!
Oh that would be marvellous!

Not only is there the feeling of really getting into the station. All of a sudden the beating-around-the-bush operations style of the shuttle could be overridden with a mimimum effort. And otherwise it would be possible to whizz around the own ISD, checking for damages or the looks or simply enjoying the sheer size.
Cholmondely wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:21 pm
Maintenance
I've not flown it for long enough, but one would would presume that the naval engineers again can do almost all that is necessary on board during flight, or a stopover. Real Dockyard Maintenance would require something rather different than one of those piddling little Coriolis stations... Nor should it need repair bots. With 9,235 Officers, 27,850 Enlisted crew & 9,700 Stormtroopers, there should be enough screwdriver-wielders to sort out whatever needs fixing.
Maybe they cannot do every repair, but many of them they should be capable of.

I totally agree to both ideas. :-)
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite