[RELEASE] - Synchronised Torus 1.0 (2015-12-14)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] - Synchronised Torus 1.0 (2015-12-14)

Post by Fritz »

I missed this event. It works perfectly, thank you!
"You wouldn't kill me just for a few credits, would you?" – "No, I'll do it just for the fun!"
Nomad
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Nomad »

I've experienced a bug on and off recently, but I'm not sure what the cause would be. Sometimes, when I sync the torus, the other ship "jumps" ahead in small increments (probably close to the 0.75s refresh period) until it gets past the 2500m mark. I then need to catch back up in order to continue synchronizing the torus, and the same problem happens again.

So far, this is what I know...
  • The bug applies to a variety of OXP ships. However, it is erratic, meaning that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
  • The only other OXP I thought could be the problem was Q-Charger (since it affects the ship's velocity), but I've tried synchronizing torus when it wasn't installed, and I still had the same problem.
  • Usually, the other ship jumps ahead, but this is not always the case. I have passed faster ships with synchronized torus.
  • Varying my own engine thrust has no effect.
  • I've tried lowering the refresh period (to 0.5s from 0.75s), but it had no effect.
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

Nomad wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:54 am
I've experienced a bug on and off recently, but I'm not sure what the cause would be. Sometimes, when I sync the torus, the other ship "jumps" ahead in small increments...

So far, this is what I know...
  • The bug applies to a variety of OXP ships. However, it is erratic, meaning that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Recently, viewing so with Viper Interceptor. When setup on the AI.plist setAI("route1patrolAI.plist"), bug "jump" is not viewing. May be target bug with the jsAI (oolite-policeAI.js)?

P.S. condition: The Viper Interceptor has fuel injector and flew on far distance from main routes.
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

Fritz wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:37 pm
If will activated hyper drive and torus drive, then have been overloading the log file:

Code: Select all

11:27:46.001 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (<unidentified script>): Error: Cannot set property velocity of instance of PlayerShip to invalid value undefined.
11:27:46.001 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]:       /home/rustem/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.FritzG.Synchronised_Torus_tweak.oxz/Scripts/st_equipment.js, line 381.
11:27:46.033 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Synchronised_Torus_Controller 1.0): TypeError: this.$st_npc.position is undefined
11:27:46.033 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       /home/rustem/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.FritzG.Synchronised_Torus_tweak.oxz/Scripts/st_equipment.js, line 187.
11:27:46.046 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (<unidentified script>): Error: Cannot set property velocity of instance of PlayerShip to invalid value undefined.
11:27:46.046 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]:       /home/rustem/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.FritzG.Synchronised_Torus_tweak.oxz/Scripts/st_equipment.js, line 381.
This tweaking OXP to remove warnings from the log file and more stable working the torus drive after jump.
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

Nomad wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:54 am
It was solved: Version 1.2 is online and not available in the OXZ manager: https://app.box.com/s/7837sf8cwb49zqq0b1yb7ujikcquj6l3
Josef
Competent
Competent

Post by Josef »

Hi verybody,
does anybody know how much that equipment costs an on what Techlevel it os possible to buy it?
Josef
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

From memory this equipment auto installs- there is no cost or TL requirement
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

According to Hiran's masterpiece, 0.1₢ and from TL1 - backing up Phkb's memory!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Josef
Competent
Competent

Post by Josef »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:38 am
According to Hiran's masterpiece, 0.1₢ and from TL1 - backing up Phkb's memory!
Thank you!
Josef