GalCop Galactic Registry (Release)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: GalCop Galactic Registry (Release)

Post by Day »

Wow, thank you, phkb!

I'll try integrating the Registry with Diplomacy in the next versions :D
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Version 4.2 has just been released. In this version:
  • Added ability for spacelanes and regions to be shown permanently on any chart.
  • Fixed issue where showing the system list of a region would keep the system map visible.
  • Moved some menu item text into descriptions.plist.
  • Code refactoring and cleanup.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Thank you for this one! Jolly useful.

Question: how do I search for an anarchy populated by felines? Or a poor agricultural system of TL8+?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:37 pm
Question: how do I search for an anarchy populated by felines? Or a poor agricultural system of TL8+?
You'll need the latest version for this.

Version 4.4 has just been released. In this version:
  • The 'Search registry' function will now also search government description, economy description, inhabitants description and techlevel.
  • Added a "New search" menu to the Search registry results screen.
You can't do the TL8+ search yet. You can only do a single TL at the moment. I'll look to include a +/- function fort TL in the next version.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Thank you, Sir!
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 5.0 of the Registry has just been released. In this version:
  • Re-engineered the internal structures so that all base criteria are now using the same data structures as the custom lists. Custom lists can now have multiple subsets defined within them.
  • Custom lists now have the ability to be made a permanent display on the chart.
  • Unconnected lists (that is, a series of unconnected planets) can now be made a permanent display on the chart.
  • The 'Search registry' function can now do +/- searches on techlevel.
  • The 'Search registry' function can now do an "OR" search, using the "|" bar separator. This allows for more complex search queries like "human poet|wolf tl8+|industrial", which translates to "find any system inhabited by humans or humanoids, AND where "poet" OR "wolf" is mentioned in the description, AND has either a TL greater than or equal to 8 OR an industrial-type economy"
There has been a change in the data definition, so if any OXP has been adding their own lanes, regions or systems to the registry without my knowing, they'll need to tweak their code a bit. Should be reasonably simple to tweak, though. (Not that I think anyone has attempted it, but still). See the [EliteWiki] wiki entry for details.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

phkb wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:27 am
Version 5.0 of the Registry has just been released.
Interesting. While version 5 is available now, the Expansion Manager still reports version 4.4 (before the download).

Not that I dislike your work - it is more the fact that the publishing process seems to have lots of gaps...
BTW, noone seems to be interested in that process. At least my message went unnoticed so far:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=276318#p276318
Last edited by hiran on Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:27 am
There has been a change in the data definition, so if any OXP has been adding their own lanes, regions or systems to the registry without my knowing, they'll need to tweak their code a bit. Should be reasonably simple to tweak, though. (Not that I think anyone has attempted it, but still). See the [EliteWiki] wiki entry for details.
Does this indicate that it will not help with SOTL-Altmap?
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:57 pm
Does this indicate that it will not help with SOTL-Altmap?
It won't help by default with SOTL-Altmap. The core logic in the OXP is probably re-usable, but I don't think any of the datasets I've included would make any sense there. The system list and search functions would be the only tools that would translate as-is.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

As adumbrated here (https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 30#p278330), I feel very strongly that this should be accessed by F6F6 in the fullness of time.

The differences between the Short Range and Long Range charts are now meaningless (since we can zoom out the Short Range chart). The only significant difference is the ability to search for a planet - which your OXP also allows. It would make much more sense to me to remove the pointless Long Range chart and replace it with this OXP... ...unless I am missing something, which is not impossible!

In the interim, maybe it could be accessed by F6F7 or somesuch. This would allow it to be accessed in-flight (As Okti's Galaxy Info & Long Range Scanner do).
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, version 5.5 has been released. In this version are a few goodies.

1. You can now include productivity and population checks in searches. eg "prod>15000 pop<3"
2. If you've got Oolite 1.91, you can press Ctrl+G on the chart screen to go straight to the Galactic Registry - including in space! Yes, you can now fill in that tedium of trailing behind an Anaconda with searches of the Galactic map. Fun!
phkb

Post by phkb »

Final update for a while on this one, I think.
You can now do a "gov>3" (to search for government types 4-7) or "eco<4" (to search for government types 0-3)
You can also do a "tl>=8", although the original method (tl8+) still works.

For all these search types, you can also use ">", "<", ">=" and "<=".
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:02 pm
The differences between the Short Range and Long Range charts are now meaningless (since we can zoom out the Short Range chart). The only significant difference is the ability to search for a planet - which your OXP also allows. It would make much more sense to me to remove the pointless Long Range chart and replace it with this OXP... ...unless I am missing something, which is not impossible!
Not sure why I didn't respond to this earlier, but anyway...

The one big difference between the LRC and GalCop GalReg is you can click on planets with the mouse on the LRC. You can't do that on Galactic Reg (limitations on mission screens with charts).
phkb

Post by phkb »

Small update to 5.9. Now includes the option to search for planets based on planet radius.
eg rad<5400