Manifest Scanner(Release)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Manifest Scanner(Release)

Post by Bogatyr »

phkb wrote:
After you target a ship, I think you need to prime the Manifest Scanner with shift-N, then press "n" to activate it.
That doesn't appear to work for me. It's primed, I have a ship targeted, and hit "n", and nothing happens. Should I get a pop-up even if the target has no cargo?

I also seem to have an issue with the Market Prices MFD, nothing happens/nothing is displayed when it's primed and hit "n". I thought perhaps I needed to have it primed before a jump, but I didn't see any difference. I have Target System Upgrade installed and it does have a MFD displayed (although I'd like it to be smaller and have the ability to toggle it off or just use the console).

Do I need to have a particular HUD activated for manifest scanner to work?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

The MFD's generally don't automatically appear - you have to manually select a MFD slot in your HUD (most HUD's have several) by pressing ":" (shift-;), then cycling through the available MFD's by pressing the ";".
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

phkb wrote:
The MFD's generally don't automatically appear - you have to manually select a MFD slot in your HUD (most HUD's have several) by pressing ":" (shift-;), then cycling through the available MFD's by pressing the ";".
Thanks, that's probably it. I downloaded all the HUD/MFD helpers and did see market price MFD appear, so I'll try the : and ; thing. I'll try the manifest again once I re-buy it, seeing as the feds seized mine during my recent maintenance overhaul, grr!
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Bogatyr wrote:
phkb wrote:
Thanks, that's probably it. I downloaded all the HUD/MFD helpers and did see market price MFD appear, so I'll try the : and ; thing.
Yes you will need to bring up the MFD first using the ";" key, sorry I forgot to mention that. Once its up it it will either display the target's name if its a valid target or "No Target" if nothing is targeted. You should only have to prime and activate it to display the contents of the ship's cargo hold..
Bogatyr wrote:
'll try the manifest again once I re-buy it, seeing as the feds seized mine during my recent maintenance overhaul, grr!
I am afraid this equipment is not yet approved by the patrol, but you will find that in the more dangerous systems the maintenance techs tend to look the other way though. You won't find a replacement in the safer systems either, except on stations that aren't aligned with the galcop. :mrgreen:
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Stormrider wrote:
Bogatyr wrote:
phkb wrote:
Thanks, that's probably it. I downloaded all the HUD/MFD helpers and did see market price MFD appear, so I'll try the : and ; thing.
Yes you will need to bring up the MFD first using the ";" key, sorry I forgot to mention that. Once its up it it will either display the target's name if its a valid target or "No Target" if nothing is targeted. You should only have to prime and activate it to display the contents of the ship's cargo hold..
Bogatyr wrote:
'll try the manifest again once I re-buy it, seeing as the feds seized mine during my recent maintenance overhaul, grr!
I am afraid this equipment is not yet approved by the patrol, but you will find that in the more dangerous systems the maintenance techs tend to look the other way though. You won't find a replacement in the safer systems either, except on stations that aren't aligned with the galcop. :mrgreen:
Yeah, the whole HUD / MFD management thing could use a wiki entry, I slogged through it though and got ship's manifest to work (after I re-purchased it in a Seedy Space Bar, haha).
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Bogatyr wrote:
I slogged through it though and got ship's manifest to work
Excellent, I am glad you got it working.
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Thanks to coding provided by phkb version 1.2 is available. New features:
  • -- added a time delay when scanning a ship
    -- added a title to the MFD so it's clear what function the MFD is providing.
    -- removed some unscannable targets from showing "0t (0t)" on the MFD, things like asteroids, cargo canisters, beacons, and stations.
    -- removed frame callback for operating the scan, and reworked it to be checking if the player's target is still valid.
    -- added manual or active scanning mode, selectable via the "b" (Mode) key.
    Manual mode - default - means you have to target then activate with 'n'
    Active mode - scan will start as soon as scannable ship is targeted.
    -- updated mission screen when the scanner is confiscated to have a few more details.
    -- included gov type 4 in all checks
    -- cleaned up unnecessary lines in equipment.plist file.
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

When i am testing the pods oxp, found the Manifest Scanner is not working correctly. Scanner is not scanning repeatly and read data from scan memory. After jump it is reset scan memory only. It is right?
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Rustem, I have just tested the latest version of the scanner with pods 1.43 both from the expansion manager and everything appears to be working correctly. After a jump I target a ship, activate the scanner, and the multifunctiion display shows manifest information of the targeted ship.

The manifest scanner is primable and must be activated every time you aquire a new target. Please make sure you:

~Make sure the MFD for the scanner is displayed.
~Press shift+n and cycle through equipment until the scanner is primed.
~After locking on to a ship press "n" to scan the ships manifest.

I've never found pods to be very compatible with the manifest scanner. The manifest scanner checks the cargoList of the player's current target but as far as I can tell pods doesn't affect the contents of the pod until the player scoops it, much too late for the scanner to do anything about it.
Rustem wrote:
Scanner is not scanning repeatly and read data from scan memory. After jump it is reset scan memory only.
It doesn't scan repeatedly anyway really, if you scan a ship then get it to drop some cargo the scanner doesn't reflect the change and I'm having trouble getting it to rescan the ship. I have looked at the code and I think II may be able to fix it but I am no coder so if you've got some recommendations or suggestions that might help I would be happy to implement them.
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

Stormrider wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:44 pm
I am updated a 2 function:

Code: Select all

this.$addShipScan = function(shp, dta) {...}
and

this.$findShipScan = function(shp) {...}
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Rustem wrote:
I am updated a 2 function:
Ok thanks Rustem I have uploaded the new version, its available from the manager.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

After having my manifest scanner removed during renovation, my MFD still shows "Manifest Scanner: Target Lost" (which led to some confusion until I realized I didn't have the equipment). Suggest adding a "Manifest Scanner: Equipment Missing" or remove the MFD when it's not equipped.

Also, I got the following error in the log:

23:46:14.197 [script.javaScript.timeLimit] OperationCallback: ***** ERROR: Script "(nil)" ran for 0.157842 seconds and has been terminated.
23:46:14.198 [script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJSDumpStack:  0 (ManifestScanner.js:162) <anonymous function>
23:46:14.198 [script.javaScript.stackTrace] DumpVariable:     this: [Script "ManifestScanner" version 1.3.2]
Josef
Competent
Competent

Post by Josef »

Hi ereverybody!
Does anybody know on what technologican level it is possible to get that equipment and how much it will cost?
Josef
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Josef wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:57 am
Hi ereverybody!
Does anybody know on what technologican level it is possible to get that equipment and how much it will cost?
I can check for you, but are you aware of that:
Stormrider wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:11 pm
Bogatyr wrote:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Josef wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:57 am
TL8+, 3200cr.