A new Aussie flag

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Cody

spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: A new Aussie flag

Post by spud42 »

i had to work with the bad material i had... best i could do on short notice..... lol

CS;GO version.... lol Boom headshot......
Arthur: OK. Leave this to me. I'm British. I know how to queue.
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

spud42 wrote:
i had to work with the bad material i had... best i could do on short notice..... lol

CS;GO version.... lol Boom headshot......
Good luck with that shot, roo looks to be on the move. And they have real small heads to bod size. Not to mention how fast the buggers are.

Just behind the shoulder, mid torso hight. More chance of burgers tonight.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

who said i was using a rifle?

besides the flag is only one static frame. you can pan with a rifle...

my old .243 did 4200 fps muzzle velocity... almost instantaneous at the distance you should shoot from...

disclosure.... i never shot an animal... but i was deadly with those pesky paper targets.....lol
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

What about this one, then?

"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

yuck.. large brown turd on it...

how about we leave the bloody flag alone? generations of Australians have fought and died under it and for it...

i dont see any need to change anything, and nothing to do with either side of politics..
OR i could go with
or simply
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

That is quite nice. Best one so far :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Smivs wrote:
Wah!? I think it's ghastly. I don't like any of swirly, corporate-logo style designs.
ocz
Deadly
Deadly

Post by ocz »

I'm with Smivs on this one. I also thing it's the best so far (the similarities to the logo of a certain cola producer aside). Blue sky/ocean with (landscape)patches of yellow and green. Like it.

It's also important too leave symbols of the old flag, for the recognition value. In this case the stars on the blue background. Green and yellow as the national colors are represented fine, too. Easy enough for childrens to draw and no more than 4 colors (which I would consider the limit for flags without crest/emblem)
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

Wildeblood wrote:
Smivs wrote:
Wah!? I think it's ghastly. I don't like any of swirly, corporate-logo style designs.
then why did you post that ghastly abomination???

the time to change the flag was in 1901 at Federation... that boat has sailed long ago.
OR i could go with
or simply
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Ok, from the anti-body reaction I feel it would be useful to have some context for this. The original post had no refs relation to it. Now knowing Mr Blood, his posts (not rightly or wrongly, it is what it is) can be a touch 'inflammatory'.

As people have said flags mean much more than the canvas they are printed on. So I assume this is up for debate? Has something happened that has lead to our Australian brothers to take a long hard look at the flag of their nation? I feel we need context. As a Pommie, I like a bit of context with my argument. Otherwise I can look like a bit of a tit arguing the toss about a flight of fancy.

Flags are a big thing. That can rally the fight of a nation. It's good to pick something that inspires the fight in man and woman alike whilst not being disrespectful to the past.

The Union Jack is part of this proud nations history. That said the UK infers no dominion, not these days. (especially when you kick our ass at a lot of the sports we care about). If your changing it (if your changing anything) change it for the right reasons. Just sayin.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

All the context you could need, and more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_flag_debate

I particularly like
Australia: colony, state, nation, fire brigade or yacht club?
Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Fritz »

The South African flag until 1928 would also fit in the yacht club flags collection...

Btw, I think, the South Africans made a good job of their current flag - without completely ignoring history. And the result is a flag, not just a collection of symbols and colours somehow arranged on a rectangle.
"You wouldn't kill me just for a few credits, would you?" – "No, I'll do it just for the fun!"
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

ClymAngus wrote:
Ok, from the anti-body reaction I feel it would be useful to have some context for this. The original post had no refs relation to it. Now knowing Mr Blood, his posts (not rightly or wrongly, it is what it is) can be a touch 'inflammatory'.

As people have said flags mean much more than the canvas they are printed on. So I assume this is up for debate? Has something happened that has lead to our Australian brothers to take a long hard look at the flag of their nation? I feel we need context. As a Pommie, I like a bit of context with my argument. Otherwise I can look like a bit of a tit arguing the toss about a flight of fancy.

Flags are a big thing. That can rally the fight of a nation. It's good to pick something that inspires the fight in man and woman alike whilst not being disrespectful to the past.

The Union Jack is part of this proud nations history. That said the UK infers no dominion, not these days. (especially when you kick our ass at a lot of the sports we care about). If your changing it (if your changing anything) change it for the right reasons. Just sayin.

currently there is no public debate in the media or anywhere else regarding the flag.
That said there are always the republican movement trying to stir the pot as it were...

as of this moment and for the foreseeable future ( a referendum would be needed) we are still a commonwealth country, the Queen is still our head of state. just like Canada, and numerous ex colonies around the world.

i just wondered at mister wildebloods reasons for posting a picture of a flag he didnt even like??

on another note if it ever comes to pass that the republic movement ever wins it is going to be interesting what they do with the great state of QUEENSLAND... lol
OR i could go with
or simply
ocz
Deadly
Deadly

Post by ocz »

I'm no Aussie, but I couldn't resist.