A discussion of GalCop technology.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: A discussion of GalCop technology.

Post by Switeck »

I've used a missile to make wormholes (a complex OXP in its own right!) and that does emerge on the other side of the wormhole, but instantly self-destructs. This is due to its .plist script telling it to do so. With modification, it could instead go idle after going through the wormhole and run a .js script to reacquire a target.
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: A discussion of GalCop technology.

Post by Alex »

Diziet Sma wrote:
spud42 wrote:
isnt FTL Laser an oxymoron? LASER is an acronym not a name. Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation. there how can light be faster than light????
Aww damn.. you beat me to it! :lol:
Ah, isn't this a bit close to Newtonian?
But then again.. If a light 'photon' in mono wave length laser form was to hitch a ride through Oolite space then 'whitch?' space.
Wouldn't it be doing speed of light X2 + whitch space non time/speed, And get through faster?

Whitch space is not a typo, just couldn't decide if it should be which, as in, err what, or witch as in spooky space, so combined them.

Must admit I like the reasoning for Thargoidal invasion by Smivs.
Imagine all they wayward laser shots and missiles just appearing in your space with no explanation and probably breaking all your laws of your ooniverse..
Would tend to peeve me a bit.

By the way speed of light is not constant and there is no such thing as an actual vacuum. A bit like absolute zero. We think/calculate it's there. But most calculations always forget some parameter.

So back to Ramens Q about attacking through a jump.
Maybe it got there before the target? Maybe it hit a Thargoid and added to their peevishness? Maybe it would go into a photon loop and become black matter?

Ahh, the possibilities of the Ooniverse.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!