Damage Report MFD

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: Damage Report MFD

Post by Norby »

avder wrote:
I'd like it to pop up in the bottom left corner of my hud instead of the slot just below the top left :)
The available positions of MFDs are fixed in the .plist file of your HUD so first you need a HUD which define an MFD into the bottom left corner.

As Day said if you install [wiki]HUDSelector[/wiki] then you have a "HUD and MFD selector" interface in F4 when you are docked where you can setup your MFDs.

Since Oolite 1.82 you can change your MFDs during flight using ";" and ":" keys, then land on a station and save your game and HUDSelector will save your MFD changes into your savegame.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

avder wrote:
Would there be a way to either set the MFD to always on
Set the Damage Report MFD mode to "Manual", then use the ";" key to select a slot, then use ":" to cycle through the MFD's until the Damage Report MFD is visible.

And, as others have mentioned, you can use the HUD Selector to specify MFD slots before you launch. If you set the Damage Report MFD mode to "Visible when damaged" or "Autohide", and select a position via the HUD selector's MFD configuration, it should stay in that slot (unless another MFD uses that position). If it doesn't, please let me know and I'll try to work out what's going wrong.
avder
Above Average
Above Average

Post by avder »

phkb wrote:
avder wrote:
Would there be a way to either set the MFD to always on
Set the Damage Report MFD mode to "Manual", then use the ";" key to select a slot, then use ":" to cycle through the MFD's until the Damage Report MFD is visible.

And, as others have mentioned, you can use the HUD Selector to specify MFD slots before you launch. If you set the Damage Report MFD mode to "Visible when damaged" or "Autohide", and select a position via the HUD selector's MFD configuration, it should stay in that slot (unless another MFD uses that position). If it doesn't, please let me know and I'll try to work out what's going wrong.
I'll make sure these work later tonight and get back to you.
avder
Above Average
Above Average

Post by avder »

Works like you said. Previously it had been hiding after 60 seconds even when I'd put it on manual when there was nothing wrong and popping up in an MFD slot I didn't want it in after I'd assigned it to a different one. That was all in-flight though. Not through the hud and mfd interface.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

avder wrote:
That was all in-flight though. Not through the hud and mfd interface.
HUDSelector save the MFD selection at landing and set back at launch only, not monitoring nor forcing anything during flight. Moreover any MFD changes happened in flight will be saved in the next dock regardless of it is made by you or automatically by another OXP.
phkb

Post by phkb »

New version 2.2.5 is out. Mainly some bug fixes for edge cases:
  • Fixed issue where displaying course info when there is no system in the current chart with the required TL would result in a blank page, rather than the chart.
  • Added check for above condition, so now the player is told there is no system with the required TL in the current chart.
  • Fixed issue where, if the system with the required TL was more than 99 ly away, it was being assumed there was no system available.
Available via the download manager.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 2.3.3 has just been released. In this version:
  • When setting a course to a target system, F7 screen will now display the new destination.
  • When viewing course to nearest repair system, map with switch to a short range chart if the distance to it is less than 7.4 LY.