Xenon UI OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by phkb »

Version 2.1.2 of Xenon UI (and the Redux version) is now available, which should work much better with Library GUI.
gizmo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gizmo »

Exception when opening the cargo or parcel screen in the latest trunk version:

Code: Select all

Exception: ReferenceError: missionScreenID is not defined
    Active script: XenonUI 2.1.2
    xenonui.js, line 376:
if (this._missionOverlay[mission.screenID]) overlay = this._missionOverlay[missionScreenID];
phkb

Post by phkb »

gizmo wrote:
Exception when opening the cargo or parcel screen in the latest trunk version:
Thanks for the report, gizmo! Version 2.1.3 is now available which should fix this issue.
gizmo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gizmo »

Thanks!
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Currently using the latest version of Xenon UI (released today) along with Resource Pack G and the latest version of The Library. Decided to catch up on some history about this OXP and noticed something odd. Regardless of the version used in the past or am using now never have had the image of My Ship in the upper right quadrant of the initial F5 screen. This is not something that mattered in the past but now having read this entire thread and the Wiki entry and having seen all of the screenshots that include a Commander's Ship in that position it feels as if something is missing from my game. The only time (aside from external views) that My Ship is visible to me is from the Load Commander Screen which just no longer seems to be enough. If it helps My Ship is currently outfitted with one of gsagostinho's Cobra Mk. III textures. Looked through the Xenon UI code but did not notice anything specifically relating to the showing of a Commander's Ship on the F5 screen. If it is a matter of adding some code somewhere to accomplish this then that should be doable if the specific code was known to me. Please advise and Thank You in advance.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Add "show-ship-model-in-status-screen" = YES; to your .GNUstepDefaults file (back it up first, perhaps). That should do it.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Thank You for the very simple fix, have it working now. Two further questions though:

Is there a reason that this option is not listed on the .GNUstepDefaults Hidden Options Page on the Wiki? Other than the fact that no one has placed it there because it is such common knowledge to all but the newest of players. Would have found it sooner on my own if it had been there.

Is there a further option to prevent My Ship from spinning on the F5 screen? Admittedly this one is pushing it a bit but hey, it cannot hurt to ask.

Will stop derailing the thread now. Thank You Once Again.

phkb

Post by phkb »

Nite Owl wrote:
Is there a reason that this option is not listed on the .GNUstepDefaults Hidden Options Page on the Wiki?
No idea, but it does now!
phkb

Post by phkb »

Major update to Xenon UI today. There is now an "Amber" color option (selectable via Library Config). Here's how it looks:

All the resource packs have been updated as well, and because of this new option they have all doubled in size (sorry!). But I think the option is worth it.

The effect is best seen with the latest Trunk version of Oolite, which has a new option to allow the color settings in the "gui-settings.plist" file to be changed via JS. This means the page header and underline colors can be changed to match the background whenever you switch. If you aren't using trunk, the colors will stay as blue. If there's any call for it, I might release a small pack that will force the amber colors on the header for users of 1.86 and prior.

Same option has been added to the Redux pack.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Nice and dangerous. ;)
phkb

Post by phkb »

Norby wrote:
Nice and dangerous.
I'd be happy to settle for just Competant, at this stage. :)
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

A bit of a conflict has arisen between Xenon UI v3.0 and Library v1.7. The Latest Log keeps filling up with the following errors.

Code: Select all

21:31:59.177 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:32:02.141 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:32:50.642 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:32:53.614 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:32:56.400 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:32:58.820 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:32:59.574 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:33:00.495 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:33:01.654 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:33:06.311 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
21:33:12.962 [script.javaScript.exception.readOnly]: ***** JavaScript exception (XenonUI 3.0): TypeError: lib.$IDRules[missionScreenID] is read-only
None of these errors are causing problems within the game, everything is working as expected, but they are slightly annoying when one is visually parsing the Latest Log. As far as can be determined the offending JavaScript exists in the xenonui.js at lines 226 through 240 in Notepad+. Tried a workaround by changing the 1's (true) to 0's (false) but the result was a loss of the side panels on the screens within the Read Only portion of the aforementioned script. Better scripting minds then mine are needed. Thank you for your time and effort on our behalf. It is much appreciated.

phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 3.1 is now available which corrects the compatibility issue with Library 1.7.
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

WOW TWICE !!

Fast bug smashing. Thank you very much phkb.

Upon comparing the 3.0 and 3.1 xenonui.js was it possible for me to have been more wrong in my feeble attempts to find the error generating portion of that JavaScript. Chalk it up to another learning experience.

One day it will all make sense - Maybe - Maybe Not.

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

@phkb: Sorry about the extra work. I just forgot to send you a pm about the locked defaults.