(Release) Station Dock Control OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: (Release) Station Dock Control OXP

Post by Cholmondely »

limbo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:13 am
i dont use this. but regarding the sudden pushing down the queue and the station suddenly spitting out a galcop patrol...
i never considered it a bug... that sort of thing happens in real life... we pull over and wait for emergency vehicles to go past.
what does annoy me is when i have docking permission and craft are still leaving.. beating up me shields and destroying my cargo. but even that can be put down to unscheduled launches that a 'bribe' has covered.
Limbo, this is actually covered by the Lore (read the Ship's Manual inside the Ship's Library.oxp):
Launching (F1)
Activating the launch functionality will immediately place your ship into the station's launching queue. There will be a short delay while your ship is transferred from the docks to the launch corridor, and you will then be ejected from the station with sufficient forward velocity to clear the docking bay before your engines engage. To prevent collisions with the bay walls, manoeuvring and other controls will be disabled for a couple of seconds at this time.

After the Zadige incident, in which large parts of a Coriolis station were irradiated after a smuggler overrode safeties and fired their engines within the station, granting of launch clearance has always been unconditional. Since your ship is extremely vulnerable in its slow, straight, post-launch flight, you should not use this to escape legitimate authorities.
In other words, docked ships can launch at any time at a moment's notice, disrupting the launch queues.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:01 am
Might a change to "...Show remaining docked ships..." make the point more obvious for the dumber pilots such as myself?
No worries. I'll put it on the list.
Cholmondely wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:01 am
ML mentioned that he can access other oxp's from "inside LitF" but not get control back for LitF once he had done so - I presume that this means that one can see the screen of docked ships in the bar, for example, but that one then "exits" the screen back to the F4 screen rather than the LitF bar description. If I am correct in my understanding, is there an easy fix for this?
Yes, if you hand off to another mission screen you are relinquishing control, and there is no guaranteed way to get it back save for user intervention. Any two-way comms/interaction will need to be set up on both ends if you're looking for a completely seamless experience.
Alnivel
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Alnivel »

Couple things regarding the modelIsAllowed function (stationdockcontrol.js, starts on line 889):

First, checking the condition from shipdata to see if it uses the mission variable does not work correctly because substring(0, 6) returns first 6 characters (not 7, so it never will be equal to "mission"):

Code: Select all

if (cond[offset + 2].substring(0, 6) === "mission") {
		if (missionVariables[cond[offset + 2].replace("mission_", "")]) {
			checking = missionVariables[cond[offset + 2].replace("mission_", "")];
			log(this.name, "field = " + cond[offset + 2] + ", value = " + checking);
		} else {
			log(this.name, "!!NOTE: Condition value mission variable not set: " + cond[offset + 2]);
		}
	}
Second, this function uses this.name, but is not called as a method, so this is undefined, which results in a TypeError if it tries to log something.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Phkb - if you are going to produce a new edition of this one, can you please think about how to build in some code to hand control back to LitF once the screen is accessed from inside LitF.

And is there any way of increasing the number of ships?

And would there be any way of "meeting" some of the pilots in a bar? Or the detention centre? Or the Embassy District. Or the Dockmaster's Office. Or the ...

We don't need any of this for v.1.0 of LitF (currently looming over the horizon - ML reckons that we are pretty close to it now) - but we will want to be able to see the docked ships in the bars and the lounge areas for v.2.0.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:10 pm
if you are going to produce a new edition of this one, can you please think about how to build in some code to hand control back to LitF once the screen is accessed from inside LitF.
On reflection, I think LitF can do this without the need to do anything to SDC. I'll post my thoughts in that thread.
Alnivel wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:38 pm
Couple things regarding the modelIsAllowed function
Nice catches! Thanks, and I'll get a fix out shortly.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Bugging you again, I'm afraid.

I'd like to add Killer Wolf's Nephthys stations so that they register in my Station Dock Control MFD

How do I do this?

Tweaking Nephthys or tweaking Station Dock Control?

And what do I add?
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:24 am
Theoretically, neither. SDC should be finding all OXP stations and overriding the ship launching system of each one. If it's not, something is going wrong. I'll have to check it out.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:38 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:24 am
Theoretically, neither. SDC should be finding all OXP stations and overriding the ship launching system of each one. If it's not, something is going wrong. I'll have to check it out.
I've got the original Nephthys (not Montana's Expansions Manager version) as well as Stranger's World which moves everything around in orbits. I'm not running Alnivel's fix at the moment (which locks the orbits and puts SLAPUs where they belong, near the sun's corona).
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Ah, I see the problem. When I designed the MFD, I made the choice to limit which stations it's available from to only GalCop-aligned ones. I think the reasoning was that publishing the departure list was something only done on GalCop controlled stations, and any other station would not necessarily follow GalCop's rules. If you want to tweak this setting, in the "stationdockcontrol_mfd.js" file, go to line 52 and change this:

if (target.hasNPCTraffic && target.allegiance === "galcop") {
to this

if (target.hasNPCTraffic) {
Then you should get the departure list for any station you target.

Next up, we discuss whether this should be the default!
phkb

Post by phkb »

For those who use this OXP, and have noticed some very confused pilots, who launch from stations and then immediately turn around and redock, this update is for you.

Version 1.1.27 has been released.
  • Added an option to the config that allows all stations to have their launch queue visible in the MFD, rather than just GalCop stations.
  • Updated background overlays to be more visible in Oolite 1.91ff.
  • Fixed issue where NaN could be returned when determining heat insulation for a ship.
  • Fixed issue where some ships would turn around and redock just after launching, instead of heading to a new system.
  • Fixed possible conflict with Skilled NPC's, where launching ships could override accuracy settings.
  • Added extra launch queue logging option - level 3 to turn on AI messages of launched ships.
  • Bug fixes.