The Classic Ships OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

csperkins
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: [RELEASE] The Classic Ships

Post by csperkins »

Hi,

The classicships and variety pack are throwing plist errors for me on the Mac, which look to be due to missing semicolons in dictionary entries. The fix for the classicships Config/shipdata.plist file looks to be:

Code: Select all

286c286
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicAnaconda_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicAnaconda_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
404c404
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicAnaconda_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicAnaconda_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
777c777
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicAsp_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicAsp_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
1024c1024
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicBoa_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicBoa_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
1137c1137
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicBoa_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicBoa_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
1418c1418
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicBoa2_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicBoa2_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
1524c1524
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicBoa2_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicBoa2_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
1789c1789
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicCobra3_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicCobra3_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
1908c1908
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicCobra3_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicCobra3_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
2026c2026
---
2834c2834
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicFerdelance_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicFerdelance_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
4242c4242
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicPython_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicPython_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
4334c4334
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicPython_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicPython_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
4576c4576
---
5151c5151
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicViper_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicViper_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
5280c5280
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicInterceptor_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicInterceptor_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
5436c5436
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicViper_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicViper_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
and for the variety pack:

127c127
---
329c329
---
442c442
---
553c553
---
662c662
---
980c980
< 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicFerdelance_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a"};
---
> 			       classicShipsSpecular = {name = classicFerdelance_normal-specular.png; extract_channel = "a";};
1569c1569
---
1661c1661
---
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Smivs will be about it later, I expect. <chortles>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Cody wrote:
Smivs will be about it later, I expect. <chortles>
Indeed he already is, thanks to the report on the Clippers thread. Looking on the bright side I don't seem to have stuffed-up the Classic Shipyard plist.
This is obviously one of those c&p type errors, and has gone undetected before now as they all work fine on my Linux box and probably Windows machines as well. Macs do seem to be more unforgiving where coding errors are concerned.
Thanks again for the heads-up, and they should all be sorted by tomorrow evening.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
csperkins
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by csperkins »

Much appreciated. The Mac does seem overly strict with its plist parser...
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

v1.2 now available

Following on from the error report above, and other problems I have found, this OXZ has been updated.

Changelog:-
1) Minor bugfix to the shipdata.plist to avoid parsing errors on Macs.
2) A mis-positioned engine on the Viper Interceptor has also been corrected.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [UPDATE RELEASE] The Classic Ships

Post by Smivs »

I've just spotted another plist error :roll:
The python player seems to have two like_ship references

"classic_python-player" =
	{
		like_ship = "oolite_template_python-player";
		exhaust = ("0.0 0.0 -68.5 2.0.0 2.0 8.0");
		like_ship = "oolite_template_python";
                materials = 
<snip>
It seems to be working allright so can wait till the next update to be fixed, but I'm just interested really - does the game read the first one and use that, or automatically work for a player ship because that is one of the two options? Or did I just get lucky? :P
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: The Classic Ships OXZ

Post by Smivs »

There may be a problem with both the Addition and Replace versions of this expansion relating to a core game mission in G5.
The fix is ready to go, but I cannot upload it at the moment due to the Wiki currently being unable to accept large file uploads. As soon as the Wiki is fixed I'll get the update posted.
If anybody wants to fix this for themselves, open the shipdata.plist and go to the entry for

"classic_asp-cloaked"
Then delete the following section.

script = "classicShipsScript.js";
script_info = {
                    classicShipsTexture = "classicAsp-A_diffuse.png";
                    classicShipsDiffuse = "classicAsp-A_diffuse.png";
                    classicShipsLighting = "classicAsp_lighting.png";
                    classicShipsNormal = "classicAsp_normal-specular.png";
                    classicShipsSpecular = {name = "classicAsp_normal-specular.png"; extract_channel = "a";};
                    classicShipsDerelict = "classicShipsDerelict.png";
		        };
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: The Classic Ships OXZ

Post by Smivs »

v1.4 Release.

The updates have now been uploaded to the manager, and correct a couple of the issues mentioned above.
The duplicate "like_ship" entries have been removed. This update was numbered v1.3 but was never released, so I have gone straight to v1.4 which also has the fix for the 'Cloaked Asp' issue.
Any more problems, just let me know.... <ducks>