[WIP] MillHUD Refit

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] MillHUD Refit

Post by Wildeblood »

1. The shipdata-overrides.plist file I used to change the beacon codes is still in there. You might want to get rid of that unless you want to start receiving hate mail from Svengali.

2. Read this: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17217.

3. You've got a timer hammering alertConditionChanged every quarter second, and all it's doing here is filling latest.log with error messages. What are you trying to accomplish there?

3a. No scanner showing.

4. No prime-able equipment to adjust contraster.
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

Hi Wildblood
I shall try to answer your questions:
1. The shipdata-overrides.plist file, I meant to remove but forgot :oops:
2. No, I had not read the post but will include the code: worldScripts.Docked_HUDs.$flightHUD = ""
3. timer hammering alertConditionChanged A bit of code found that seemed to make things work, I have been trying to change it as I don't really like it, any suggestions?
3a / 4.No scanner showing. / No prime-able equipment to adjust contraster. I Tried it with an old save and had the same thing.
A quick dirty fix use HUD selector select Millhud refit (only seems to happen if a previous millhud fiitted) I am not sure why this happens?
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

Hi Wildblood

I think that I have fixed the problems that you pointed out :) plus a couple more.
Updated the download.
All that I can do now is wait and see if any body tests it :!:

At least I am trying to do the right thing!
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Sorry for not replying to your last post. Real life is weird recently. I fiddled with the script so it would start without HUD Selector and gave it a try. It seems to work okay. One thing that did surprise me was that when I pinged the station and the galcops started shooting at me the scanner turned red rather than the cyan I had expected. I'll try out your new version tomorrow night/tonight (it's just about to go midnight here) if I'm somewhere with internet.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Wolfsstar BH wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:57 pm
Updated the download.
All that I can do now is wait and see if any body tests it :!:
I've added this to the HUD images here page on our wiki.

Wolfstar - did you ever sort out the broken glass effect? I don't see it in your download!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?