Bling

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Bling

Post by Fatleaf »

spara wrote:
Smivs wrote:
Where do I start?! The main problem is the way everything is populated. It uses the old shipWillLaunchFromStation and shipWillExitWitchspace etc and really needs to be converted to use the new system populator method. A lot of the code is also deprecated.
It would be far easier to start fresh than try to fix what's there at the moment.
Would it be ok, if I took a look at it? I've done quite a bit of that sort of updating lately.
<Gets excited> :D :D :D
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

spara wrote:
Smivs wrote:
Where do I start?! The main problem is the way everything is populated. It uses the old shipWillLaunchFromStation and shipWillExitWitchspace etc and really needs to be converted to use the new system populator method. A lot of the code is also deprecated.
It would be far easier to start fresh than try to fix what's there at the moment.
Would it be ok, if I took a look at it? I've done quite a bit of that sort of updating lately.
Please do, you are more than welcome.
Given time I think I could sort it out, but time is a precious commodity at the moment. It took me ages to sort out the space pizza, and that was simple in comparison.
I had also planned on a few changes which could be done at the same time - just a couple of parts to lose mostly as they don't add anything to the mission really.
This was a collaborative effort from the start, so another collaborator would be welcome. If you want to look through it and get in touch we could decide what is needed.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Smivs wrote:
spara wrote:
Smivs wrote:
Please do, you are more than welcome.
Given time I think I could sort it out, but time is a precious commodity at the moment. It took me ages to sort out the space pizza, and that was simple in comparison.
I had also planned on a few changes which could be done at the same time - just a couple of parts to lose mostly as they don't add anything to the mission really.
This was a collaborative effort from the start, so another collaborator would be welcome. If you want to look through it and get in touch we could decide what is needed.
Great. I see if I can get a hang of it.
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

Diziet Sma wrote:
spara wrote:
Here's a heretic idea. What if the game had an end? *Ducks for cover*. Seriously. Constant witchspacing could age the character so that the end would come sooner or later. Unless... You have ridiculous amounts of credits and are able to go through an expensive operation that would give you more years.
Shades of Sid Meir's Pirates! :shock:
It immediately reminded me of Captain Blood.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

cim wrote:
Capt. Murphy's Extended Shipyards OXP does most of what you're thinking of. It probably needs some work on it, but the basics are there.
Yes, I'd forgotten about that .
It's certainly related. Thanks :)