Email System (Release)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Email System (Release)

Post by NorthenderPNE »

phkb wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:26 pm
NorthenderPNE wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:45 pm
[script.javaScript.exception.jsonBadParse]: ***** JavaScript exception (EmailSystem 1.7.9): SyntaxError: JSON.parse
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Err... there is only one place in the Email system that JSON.parse is used - during the "startUpComplete" event that happens soon after loading the save game. It's been there since the first version, so it's a complete surprise that somehow you're getting a "Syntax error" on it. The only thing I can imaging is if something in the missionVariable it's trying to read from is causing it to fail (although I'm struggling to come up with a valid explanation on how it could be doing that). Do you still have the save game you loaded that caused the error? Does it happen every time you load that file?
Hi phkb, it's the first time I've ever seen that error and I'm in the log files a lot recently after coming back to Oolite as I've obviously had to update the mods as many have been updated during the 2 years I've not played.

Reading your explanation above makes me think it could be my fault, as I removed the Towbar addon and any refence to it manually by editing the save with a blunt scalpel and fired up the game to make sure the save worked which it did and no other errors other than the email came up.

If I am at fault I will confess my sins and take a vow of silence for approximately 4 mins, I can't keep my gob shut any longer than that. :D :wink: