[WIP] Life in the Frontier OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

SteveKing
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Life in the Frontier OXP

Post by SteveKing »

Well done BeetleB! I've played through some of the current scenarios. I hope the dark side is strong :P This little project is looking like taking on a life of it's own. I love what you're doing and as a small mission generator it's got more of a 'look for it' feel that adds to the challenge/enjoyment. And there's so much scope for expansion without disrupting the general flow of the idea.

As one of my commanders has recently taken on courier work, this has the potential to tighten the deadlines while 'stumbling' across some 'different' jobs. Also good starters for 'Spacelane Tales' :D
SteveKing
(not quite the author)
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM wrote:

Code: Select all

[your ship] -- Hangar -- Docks --- Cargo Area / STORAGE 
                        (Lobby) 
                           |
                     Main Concourse --+-- A Sector / PASSENGERS LOUNGE, (SHOPPING CENTER)
                        (Lobby)       +-- B Sector / MEDICAL CENTER, CHURCH OF THE COSMIC WANDERER, 
                           |                         YE OLDE BOOKSHOP
                           |          +-- C Sector / HYDROPONIC GARDENS
                           |
                   Recreation Bridge --+-- Delight Avenue / HOTEL, WILD WORLD VIRTUAL TOUR, MUSEUM
                        (Lobby)        +-- Olympian Square / FIT CENTER, (ZERO-G ARENA)
                           |           +-- Mecenate Court / ART GALLERY, OPERA HOUSE, CINEMA HALL
                           |
                     Galcop Precinct -- Galcop Facilities / DETAINMENT ZONE, BRIEFING ROOM, 
                                                            GALCOP TERMINALS, SOCIAL SERVICES, PILOT COURSE
I suggest a "Map" menu item into every Lobbies which display this diagram if selected, like looking the big map on the wall of a metro station.

The description of locations can be in the readme and the wiki page of this oxp, except rare or secret events. You made a very good and rich list imho. :)
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Sorry, I haven't had much time to experiment over the last few days. As already noted, some of this stuff should not be present aboard rock hermits. There's also a bit of a problem with the planetary landing capability add-on, which allows ships to land on planets; although there are reasons to believe these landings are not monitored by GalCop - for example, you can land, buy narcotics, slaves, and firearms and take off with them aboard, and still be classed as "clean" - your OXP adds all of these facilities to surface bases, which seems a bit odd. The Galcop precinct at least should be missing.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

ffutures wrote:
your OXP adds all of these facilities to surface bases, which seems a bit odd. The Galcop precinct at least should be missing.
Good point.. GalCop has no presence or authority, groundside. They are a space-based organisation only.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

Post by BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM »

Hi everyone, this week hasn't been very productive, but at least I have updated the station layout and implemented two new locations in this new release, 0.1.6 (as usual, first post updated).

Changelog:

- When accessing the OXP from the F4 screen, the player goes directly to the Hangar.
- The player can display the Commander Status screen from the Hangar.
- Station layout updated following forum discussion on the current design.
- Changed some definitions for station locations.
- Lobby indications are more schematic.
- The Storage location has been promoted to special location.
- Implemented Hotel, moved location to Main Concourse-A because Delight Avenue has already 3 planned locations.
- Implemented the Wild Worlds Virtual Tour, on the Delight Avenue (Recreation Bridge).
Norby wrote:
The visitors of Jail should not must be lawful, just pay a fee for the visit. If you implement a good side also then I suggest to gain more items in the Galcop office. I do not think to close out anybody from the office until his reputation is not very bad.
Yes, you're right. I set various levels of law/criminal stance, so I can define a threshold for Galcop in this sense.
SteveKing wrote:
Well done BeetleB! I've played through some of the current scenarios. I hope the dark side is strong :P This little project is looking like taking on a life of it's own. I love what you're doing and as a small mission generator it's got more of a 'look for it' feel that adds to the challenge/enjoyment. And there's so much scope for expansion without disrupting the general flow of the idea.

As one of my commanders has recently taken on courier work, this has the potential to tighten the deadlines while 'stumbling' across some 'different' jobs. Also good starters for 'Spacelane Tales' :D
I thank you, and I'm glad you like it. The more narrative I can bring into the game, the better. And we're talking only about staying on a space station. There are further ideas, but I don't need to rush things...
Norby wrote:
I suggest a "Map" menu item into every Lobbies which display this diagram if selected, like looking the big map on the wall of a metro station. The description of locations can be in the readme and the wiki page of this oxp, except rare or secret events. You made a very good and rich list imho. :)
A map you say... I would like to display the diagram, but the font isn't monospaced (the vanilla one, there was an alternate monospaced font OXP too) so it would result in a mess... but maybe I can use a little trick, displaying an empty page (only the choice to go back to the lobby), and pasting an image of the map as the background... this would mean creating an image for every station layout, but it's not a real issue after all... more stuff to think about it!
ffutures wrote:
Sorry, I haven't had much time to experiment over the last few days. As already noted, some of this stuff should not be present aboard rock hermits. There's also a bit of a problem with the planetary landing capability add-on, which allows ships to land on planets; although there are reasons to believe these landings are not monitored by GalCop - for example, you can land, buy narcotics, slaves, and firearms and take off with them aboard, and still be classed as "clean" - your OXP adds all of these facilities to surface bases, which seems a bit odd. The Galcop precinct at least should be missing.
Don't worry, work will go on for a long time :)
For the rock hermits and every other type of docking object, I have to understand how to distinguish them from each other, so I can execute the proper checks when docking. Added to the TODO list.

I must start re-organizing my notes, at this point I need to define a sort of roadmap, so I can point to specific tasks.
Anyway now the immediate target is getting every special location in place.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Still getting some errors, especially the medical thing - log below:

Opening log for Oolite version 1.80 (x86-64) under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit at 2015-02-09 19:44:05 +0000.
4 processors detected.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

19:44:05.229 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
19:44:05.357 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1680 x 1050
19:44:05.853 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 1
19:44:05.885 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 3.3.0 ("3.3.0"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "GeForce 210/PCIe/SSE2".
19:44:05.885 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (242):
GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_sync, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_NV_fence, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_NV_texture_multisample, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_conservative_depth, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_KHR_debug, GL_ARB_copy_image, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_ARB_shading_language_include, GL_EXT_texture_storage, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_texture_expand_normal, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_NV_gpu_program4_1, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_EXT_import_sync_object, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility, GL_EXT_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_query_levels, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_texture_view, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_stencil_texturing, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_NV_texture_barrier
19:44:06.011 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
19:44:06.056 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
19:44:06.059 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
Resources
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
../AddOns
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/DTT.Heart_of_Gold 1.0.Paradox.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/DTT.Planet_Express 1.1.Paradox.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ArexackHeretic.CargoWreck.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ArexackHeretic.ThargornThreat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ShipStorageHelper.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.captsolo.tori2.02.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.new-cargoes.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.skilled-npcs.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.sunspots.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CmdrWombat.ThargoidWars.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Display_reputation.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.AsteroidStorm.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Neelix.WaypointHere.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.TorusToSun.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Pagroove.FamousPlanets.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.BlOombergMarkets.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_demux_volcanic.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_others_gas_giants.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.aliens.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.better Buoys.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Star-jelly.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_base.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.eq_aide.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.glare_filter.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.superbatprime.Ship's_Cat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.OXPConfig.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Snoopers.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Planetfall.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Pods.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Swarm.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.WelcomeMat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.UK_Eliter.ExtraThargoids.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.UK_Eliter.InterstellarTweaks.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Contracted_Goods_Reminder.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.distant_suns.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.interfaces_screen.oxz
../AddOns/Auto Crosshairs 1.0.4.oxp
../AddOns/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp
../AddOns/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp
../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.6.oxp
../AddOns/linearfix.oxp
../AddOns/randomshipnames1.4.oxp
../AddOns/Snoopers2.5.oxp
19:44:06.424 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
19:44:08.362 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 3.06 seconds. ==========
19:44:16.155 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 95 world scripts:
Additional Planets SR pack Demux Volcanic 1.1
Additional Planets SR pack Others Gas Giants 1.1
Additional Planets SR pack Redux 1.1
aliens_world_script 1.0
AsteroidStorm 4.03
Auto Crosshairs 1.0.4
BGS-M 1.10.7
BGS-XMapping 1.10.1
Cabal_Common_Briefing 1.7
Cabal_Common_Comms 1.7
Cabal_Common_Functions 1.7
Cabal_Common_Keyboard 1.7
Cabal_Common_MissionHandling 1.7
Cabal_Common_Music 1.7
Cabal_Common_Overlay 1.7
Cabal_Common_OXPStrength 1.7.1
Cabal_Common_SpecialMarkets 1.7
Cargo_Wreck_Teaser 1.7.1
CargoTypeExtension 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Auctions 1.1.1
CargoTypeExtension-Base 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-DefaultMarket 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Dynamic 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-FetchContracts 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-OpenContract 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Permits 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Regional 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Scavenger 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-Astrofactory 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-ConStore 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-Galnavy 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-GRS 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-HoopyCasino 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaBiosphere 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaFactory 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaHabitat 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaRelay 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaResearch 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaSolar 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-PlanetFall 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-RockHermit 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-RRSWaystation 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SalvageGang 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SpaceBar 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SuperHub 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-ZGF 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-TraderNet 1.2.3
coluber_hud_ch01 1.0.1
Comms Pack A 0.5
Contracted Goods Reminder 1.0
display-reputation-contract 1.2
display-reputation-parcel 1.2
display-reputation-passenger 1.2
eq_aide 1.1
extraThargoids_populator 3.5
glare_filter 1.0
hudselector 1.9
IST_masterScript 5.0
linearfix
LITF 0.1.6
LITF_Common 0.1.6
LITF_EventsCatalog 0.1.6
LITF_Navigation 0.1.6
LITF_RandomEvents 0.1.6
LITF_RPGElements 0.1.6
oolite-cloaking-device 1.80
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.80
oolite-contracts-cargo 1.80
oolite-contracts-helpers 1.80
oolite-contracts-parcels 1.80
oolite-contracts-passengers 1.80
oolite-libPriorityAI 1.80
oolite-nova 1.80
oolite-populator 1.80
oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.80
oolite-registership 1.80
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.80
oolite-trumbles 1.80
oolite-tutorial 1.80
OXPConfig 2.3.1
PlanetFall 1.51
randomshipnames 1.4
SE-main-script 2.5
Ship_Storage_Helper.js 0.23
Skilled NPCs 1.2
snoopers 2.5
Stars 0.5.1
System Features: Rings 1.2
System Features: Sunspots 1.5
System Redux 0.7
thargoid_wars 4.6
Thargorn_Witchspace_Battle 1.5.2
torustosun 1.4
Welcome Information Script 1.13
whichcat 1.1
19:44:16.777 [LITF_Common]: [startUp] [[[ LIFE IN THE FRONTIER v0.1.6 ]]]
19:44:17.501 [hudselector]: HUDs: Default HUD,hud,Original HUD with 10 MFDs,hudselector-oldoriginal,Small HUD with 10 MFDs,hudselector-oldsmall,Coluber HUD CH01,coluber_hud_ch01
19:44:17.549 [hudselector]: Scanner NonLinear:true UltraZoom:true HUD:coluber_hud_ch01.plist Crosshairs: null, scanner settings is not fixed.
19:44:25.205 [LITF_Common]: [goPlace] area1
19:44:25.206 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Go to the Docks :: vChoice = 1
19:44:25.206 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Embark your ship :: vChoice = 1
19:44:25.207 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c3 = See your status :: vChoice = 1
19:44:31.409 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c1
19:44:31.409 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a1
19:44:31.409 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = randomAndGo:lobby1
19:44:31.409 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] randomAndGO :: chance = 47 dPlace = lobby1
19:44:31.409 [LITF_Common]: [goPlace] lobby1
19:44:31.409 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Enter the Hangar :: vChoice = 1
19:44:31.410 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Enter the Cargo Area :: vChoice = 1
19:44:31.410 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c3 = Lift >> Main Concourse :: vChoice = 1
19:44:31.410 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c4 = Lift >> Recreation Bridge :: vChoice = 1
19:44:31.410 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c5 = Lift >> Galcop Precinct :: vChoice = 1
19:44:41.598 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c3
19:44:41.598 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a3
19:44:41.598 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = time:120
19:44:41.599 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = goNav:lobby2
19:44:41.599 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] newPlace = (0) lobby2
19:44:41.599 [LITF_Common]: [goPlace] lobby2
19:44:41.599 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Enter the Concourse-A section :: vChoice = 1
19:44:41.599 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Enter the Concourse-B section :: vChoice = 1
19:44:41.599 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c3 = Enter the Concourse-C section :: vChoice = 1
19:44:41.599 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c4 = Lift >> Docks :: vChoice = 1
19:44:41.599 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c5 = Lift >> Recreation Bridge :: vChoice = 1
19:44:41.600 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c6 = Lift >> Galcop Precinct :: vChoice = 1
19:44:41.653 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "litf_corridor8.png".
19:44:41.715 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (LITF 0.1.6): setScreenBackground(): texture "litf_corridor8.png" could not be found.
19:44:41.715 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.6.oxp/Scripts/LITF_Common.js, line 457.
19:44:51.189 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c3
19:44:51.189 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a3
19:44:51.189 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = randomAndGo:area2_3
19:44:51.189 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] randomAndGO :: chance = 64 dPlace = area2_3
19:44:51.189 [LITF_Common]: [goPlace] area2_3
19:44:51.189 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Exit the Main Concourse :: vChoice = 1
19:44:51.189 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Enter the Concourse-A section :: vChoice = 1
19:44:51.189 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c3 = Enter the Concourse-B section :: vChoice = 1
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c1
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a1
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = randomAndGo:lobby2
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] randomAndGO :: chance = 2 dPlace = lobby2
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [chooseRandomEvent] reLabel = rand8
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [fireEvent] reLabel = rand8
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [fireEvent] event text = You see a $SPECIES_S$ with dark clothes stealing the wallet of a tourist. In the meanwhile, the thief turns $GENDERPOSS$ head, looks at you and put a finger on $GENDERPOSS$ lips: 'Stay quiet.' Nobody else seems to have realised what is happening.
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Call the police! :: vChoice = 1
19:44:54.682 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Nothing of my business here... :: vChoice = 1
19:44:54.737 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "litf_corridor11.png".
19:44:54.737 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (LITF 0.1.6): setScreenBackground(): texture "litf_corridor11.png" could not be found.
19:44:54.737 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.6.oxp/Scripts/LITF_Common.js, line 457.
19:44:59.895 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c2
19:44:59.895 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a2
19:44:59.895 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = go:rand8_2,rand8_2,rand8_2,rand8_3
19:44:59.895 [LITF_Common]: [chooseRandomEvent] reLabel = rand8_2
19:44:59.895 [LITF_Common]: [fireEvent] reLabel = rand8_2
19:44:59.895 [LITF_Common]: [fireEvent] event text = You continue to look at the thief, as $GENDERSUBJ$ takes the wallet and put it in one of $GENDERPOSS$ various pockets. $GENDERSUBJ$ smiles at you and a second later you can't see $GENDEROBJ$ anymore.
19:44:59.895 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Money come, money go :: vChoice = 1
19:44:59.948 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "litf_corridor4.png".
19:44:59.948 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (LITF 0.1.6): setScreenBackground(): texture "litf_corridor4.png" could not be found.
19:44:59.948 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.6.oxp/Scripts/LITF_Common.js, line 457.
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c1
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a1
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = stance:-2
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = end:600
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [goPlace] lobby2
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Enter the Concourse-A section :: vChoice = 1
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Enter the Concourse-B section :: vChoice = 1
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c3 = Enter the Concourse-C section :: vChoice = 1
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c4 = Lift >> Docks :: vChoice = 1
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c5 = Lift >> Recreation Bridge :: vChoice = 1
19:45:03.337 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c6 = Lift >> Galcop Precinct :: vChoice = 1
19:45:03.391 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "litf_corridor9.png".
19:45:03.391 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (LITF 0.1.6): setScreenBackground(): texture "litf_corridor9.png" could not be found.
19:45:03.391 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.6.oxp/Scripts/LITF_Common.js, line 457.
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c2
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a2
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = randomAndGo:area2_2
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] randomAndGO :: chance = 10 dPlace = area2_2
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [chooseRandomEvent] reLabel = rand8
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [fireEvent] reLabel = rand8
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [fireEvent] event text = You see a $SPECIES_S$ with dark clothes stealing the wallet of a tourist. In the meanwhile, the thief turns $GENDERPOSS$ head, looks at you and put a finger on $GENDERPOSS$ lips: 'Stay quiet.' Nobody else seems to have realised what is happening.
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Call the police! :: vChoice = 1
19:45:07.681 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Nothing of my business here... :: vChoice = 1
19:45:12.226 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c2
19:45:12.226 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a2
19:45:12.226 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = go:rand8_2,rand8_2,rand8_2,rand8_3
19:45:12.227 [LITF_Common]: [chooseRandomEvent] reLabel = rand8_3
19:45:12.227 [LITF_Common]: [fireEvent] reLabel = rand8_3
19:45:12.227 [LITF_Common]: [fireEvent] event text = You continue to look the thief, as $GENDERSUBJ$ take the wallet and hide it between the folds of $GENDERPOSS$ clothes. $GENDERSUBJ$ smiles and calmly walks to you as if nothing is happened. Passing beside you $GENDERSUBJ$ puts something in your pocket. But when you turn your head $GENDERSUBJ$'s not there anymore.
19:45:12.227 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = I don't believe it's a good idea to return this money to its owner... :: vChoice = 1
19:45:15.117 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c1
19:45:15.117 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a1
19:45:15.117 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = stance:-5
19:45:15.117 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = credits:10,80
19:45:15.117 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = end:900
19:45:15.117 [LITF_Common]: [goPlace] area2_2
19:45:15.118 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Exit the Main Concourse :: vChoice = 1
19:45:15.118 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Sit on a bench near the fountain :: vChoice = 1
19:45:15.118 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c3 = Visit the Medical Center :: vChoice = 1
19:45:15.118 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c4 = Enter the Concourse-A section :: vChoice = 1
19:45:15.118 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c5 = Enter the Concourse-C section :: vChoice = 1
19:45:20.196 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c3
19:45:20.196 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a3
19:45:20.196 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = goNav:med0
19:45:20.196 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] newPlace = (0) med0
19:45:20.197 [LITF_Common]: [goPlace] med0
19:45:20.197 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = Wounds Treatment and Tissue Repairing :: vChoice = 1
19:45:20.197 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Virus and germs Nano disinfestation :: vChoice = 1
19:45:20.197 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c3 = Quick alcoholic purge (can generate allergic reactions) :: vChoice = 1
19:45:20.197 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c4 = Exit the Medical Center :: vChoice = 1
19:45:23.955 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c2
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a2
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = if:sickness>0?goNav:med2;goNav:med1_1
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [validateChoice] sickness>0 = 1
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = goNav:med2
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] newPlace = (0) med2
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [goPlace] med2
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [buildLocationText] indexed text text0 = tech:lowtech|Technology on this station allow us to heal only light sickness. Price for treatment is 100cr
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [buildLocationText] indexed text text1 = tech:avgtech|Technology on this station allow us to heal serious sickness. Price for treatment is 150cr
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [buildLocationText] indexed text text2 = tech:hitech|We can heal sickness of every type and severity. Price for treatment is 250cr
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [validateChoice] paytreatment=1 = 1
19:45:23.956 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c1 = I need the treatment, now :: vChoice = 1
19:45:23.957 [LITF_Common]: [extractChoices] c2 = Thanks, I've changed my mind :: vChoice = 1
19:45:27.097 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] choice = c1
19:45:27.097 [LITF_Common]: [selectChoice] action = a1
19:45:27.097 [LITF_Common]: [executeSingleAction] action = paytreatment:sickness
19:45:27.097 [script.javaScript.exception.notDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.6): ReferenceError: items is not defined
19:45:27.097 [script.javaScript.exception.notDefined]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.6.oxp/Scripts/LITF_Common.js, line 986.
19:45:31.657 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on options screen.
19:45:31.658 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2015-02-09 19:45:31 +0000.
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

ffutures wrote:
Still getting some errors, especially the medical thing - log below:
Now it should be fixed, I have posted a quick-release for the exception and the warnings that were appearing when searching for a background file.

And I have noticed that the versioning model I was using was wrong. In fact one number (the second) was useless. I have switched to a proper model (MajorRelease.MinorRelease.Fix) so the version jumped to 0.1.6 to 0.6.1 (instead of 0.1.6.1).
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

OK, I'm not getting any error messages in the log now, but I'm not getting medical treatment if I try to buy it. This is what the screen looks like if I try to buy treatment, I think there's supposed to be a menu of choices that isn't working:

BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

ffutures wrote:
OK, I'm not getting any error messages in the log now, but I'm not getting medical treatment if I try to buy it. This is what the screen looks like if I try to buy treatment, I think there's supposed to be a menu of choices that isn't working:
I see two issues on that screen:
1) The problem you reported. The text shown depends on the tech level of the system, so it seems that the OXP can't read the value from system.techLevel. Are you on a particular location? (An OXP station, for example, or something like that.) I have thought a temporary workaround, I'll write the fix tomorrow, but this information could help me in the future.
2) Sickness and health have "undefined" value. Could you try to save the game and see if this value persist? Eventually I should introduce an additional check to set the missing stats to the default value. Or a sort of "cleaning" feature because I don't want to make a mess in the savegame.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM wrote:
ffutures wrote:
I see two issues on that screen:
1) The problem you reported. The text shown depends on the tech level of the system, so it seems that the OXP can't read the value from system.techLevel. Are you on a particular location? (An OXP station, for example, or something like that.) I have thought a temporary workaround, I'll write the fix tomorrow, but this information could help me in the future.
2) Sickness and health have "undefined" value. Could you try to save the game and see if this value persist? Eventually I should introduce an additional check to set the missing stats to the default value. Or a sort of "cleaning" feature because I don't want to make a mess in the savegame.
They've stayed at undefined from the first time I saw them over multiple saves.
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

Hi everyone, I had to skip the last weekend, real life kept me pretty busy, but now I'm here with the new release (v0.7).

What's happened in these two weeks of work:

I have placed every location on the station: this means that you can see and visit most of the locations, except one or two that requires specific mechanics (like the Pilots Course Room in the Galcop precinct). Now all the pieces are in place, so the next move it will be fill them with missions and the other required features.
The locations added are: Passengers Lounge, Church of the Cosmic Wanderer, Bookshop, Museum, Fit Center, Briefing Room, Detainment Zone, Social Services, Pilot Course Room.

I have reworked the lift lobbies, implementing a station map at every floor. I've tried to create an inclusive picture of the various floors, locations and facilities. I hope it is clear enough.

I have finalized Storage, the Docks special location, implementing the access mechanics (credits or friendly stance toward criminals).
I have written specific mechanics for Social Services (player can spend time to reduce bounty, chance of getting wounded).

I have written specific mechanics for Fit Center. Player will have to buy the Universal Fitness Badge (one month subscription inclusive) and to be in perfect health condition to spend time in the gym. The subscription has to be renewed every month. It's better to go to the gym every 2-6 days, or a chance of getting hurt will increase, lowering the maximum strength cap of a little amount. After enduring too many accidents in gym the body conditions will worsen and the player won't be able to exercise more - in thise case there's a new Recovery Therapy at the Medical Center - but only on hi-tech systems. After the first gym session, if the player don't exercise for more than a week, his strength will slowly decrease after every docking.

Aside these new features, I have fixed something here and there. I have tested almost everything, but as usual, bugs are very elusive sometimes.
ffutures wrote:
They've stayed at undefined from the first time I saw them over multiple saves.
Your first issue, the text at the medical center, was my fault. That was fixed, now it should show the text properly.
For the second issue, I reworked the variable init/loading/saving in game, and I really hope this fix the problem. Now every variable get checked and set with a default value if it still doesn't exists.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

This all seems to be working now, but I ran into a similar thing at the museum; if I donate to museum funds it immediately drops out to the F5 screen, not sure why. Can't see anything in the log that seems related.
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

ffutures wrote:
This all seems to be working now, but I ran into a similar thing at the museum; if I donate to museum funds it immediately drops out to the F5 screen, not sure why. Can't see anything in the log that seems related.
Yes, found the error and fixed.

I have just noticed that I forgot to add the museum to the station map...

Tonight I should upload the new release.
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

0.7.1 released, with the fix for the museum.

Actually I have to fix the station map (maybe I'll have to draw it again from scratch...), checks a pair of things and examine the backgrounds status now that there are new locations. I'll work it out in the weekend.
I've already began to work on the mission engine, I'm writing down the basic workings (luckily I had experimented something with the early releases, so I have some code to start with) and thinking about organizing the code so I can apply the functions to the various locations and mission styles.
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

I never knew I needed this OXP until I downloaded it. Its amazing. Really adds some immersion to the game and helps after a tough trade run. From helping fellow commanders and getting beat up for intervening in a fight to getting pushed around by insect superstars... this OXP has it all!

Love it. I dont use many OXPs, but this one is fast becoming essential!

Now to go lose a drinking contest before I jump to Ararus.
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor