[WIP] Life in the Frontier OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Life in the Frontier OXP

Post by pagroove »

Hello.

I tried the new version. I like to add still some more suggestions. Hope you don't mind :wink:

I was sitting near a fountain. It would be cool if you have a 'look around/ look around some more' commando. In this way you can look into the fountain and have the random chance of finding some credits. Using look commando in other locations would have a random chance to see some things that aren't described in the first descriptions. However there must me a check built in that you cannot repeat this endlessly to fire of random happenings.

'Look' around in other areas like for example the cargo/storage area's would allow you to see special containers. If you look at such a container then a mission could be offered.

'Talk' to could be used to talk to the people or groups you see in the descriptions. They could react randomly. Friendly or not friendly at all. Or offer you missions, tell a rumor etc.

'Use' could be used to interact with objects and even computer terminals.

That's it for now.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Some more suggestions. Don't know if it is difficult to do.

- Make your OXP to auto extract text from the F7 screen. for missions and/or conversations.

For Example you visit a planet with a 'Civil War'. This could generate conversations like. "Did you hear the war just got worse" and many other related conversations. For this maybe a random generator could be added.

- Make stations more different by species. A frog station should have 'some' other areas. For example a mud bath in the entertainment area.

- Add a buffet to the bar where you can order (random generated meals ad drinks= look at the Random Hits OXP for ideas). Meals can have a positive or negative effect.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

ffutures wrote:
Something I noticed - in a lot of the contacts with female NPCs the word "Her" is capitalised, even in the middle of a sentence.
And with men "His" is often capitalised, not sure why I missed that.
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

Post by BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM »

Hi everyone,
the last week has been rather tiring at work, but anyway I've managed to do something. The only drawback is the loss of a pair of features (a mistake in deleting files), that I will re-write next week: the Hotel (where the player can pay 60cr to book a room for 6 hours) and the Wild World Virtual Tour (an holographic safari, a location similar to the art gallery, opera house etc.).

So, for the new release 0.1.5 (updated first post), changelog is following:

- Added background to Docks Area;
- Add text snippet for drunken status (along with wounds and sickness);
- Implemented event-checks for "government", "tech" and "economy". The government check can take a list of governments, separated by "-" character. If the system government is in the list, the check is valid;
- Added events: ROBO-BARD, HUNTERS, DELIRIOUS DROID, COMMERCIAL DROID, SUPERCELEBRITY, LIGHTS MALFUNCTION, WATER MALFUNCTION, AIR MALFUNCTION, DEFACING KIDS
- "her/him/his" not capitalized anymore;
- Commander stats are saved as a string with comma-separated values rather than 5 missionVariables.
- Game flags are saved as a string with comma-separated values rather than 8 missionVariables.
- Variables still not used aren't loaded anymore from the savegame, and are saved with null values to purge them from the file.
- Refactored method for checks on event/choice requirements: it's now possible to interrogate a parameter with operators =, !=, <, <=, >, >=. The requirement syntax changes. E.g.: no more credits:500, but credits=500, or credits<500 etc.
- Event text can be present as parameter "text" (static text, always displayed) *OR* as indexed parameters (text0, text1, text2): in the latter case, it's possible to specify display conditions, with syntax "condition|text to display". If an indexed text has no condition is considered static (always displayed). The validated indexed text are concatenated.
- Event property "choiceRequires" has been removed. It has been replaced by "r"(+ choice index), that contains the facultative requirements for the single choice. If a choice has no requirements (no "r" property), the choice is always displayed.
- I believe I have removed the end-event resume screen at least one release ago, forgot to write it down.
- To avoid confusion, in the event properties requires and r I don't use the ':' char as separator anymore, but the equal sign '='.
- Refactored action executions when player select an event or a location choice. There are some differences in some actions, so I had to differentitate: go (random event) and goNav (navigation), end (random event) and endNav (navigation).
- Implemented condition if to the events action. Now it's possible to define a condition (or multiple conditions, comma-separated), and to link it to two results: the "valid condition" and the "else". I'm going to read again the various random events to introduce conditions when necessary, to streamline the event flow. Syntax is: if:<conditions>?<actions>;<elseActions>
- I've lost some features (the hotel, the wild world virtual tour and the new Medical Center text), so I'll have to rethink them in the next days. Actually I have changed the Medicla Center concept, so the options are always displayed but if the player isn't sick or wounded or drunk the receptionist will refuse to start the treatment.
- Fixed: the Galcop terminal didn't show the price for cleaning the criminal record.
- The DEFACING KIDS event can enable a flag - eventually the consequence will be shown when the player reach the docks area.

All of these are mostly internal changes, but for now I should be fine with the events/location engine - it is flexible enough for now.
I have only to implement a frequency check for events, so the same event doesn't happen too often: I thought a way to make events repeat after a certain number of ship dockings.
And then: missions generation and more content (location/events).
ffutures wrote:
The vet thing is for the Ship's Cat add-on - cats sometimes get damaged in battle and it takes a long time to find somewhere where you can pay for "repairs."
I've downloaded the OXP, I will take a look to the code - probably I need to make a check to see if the OXP is installed, and pick the correct cat attribute. In case I will write a specific js for it, as a sort of compatibility patch.
ffutures wrote:
Something that came up after I last posted. I finally got to the port where I was told I might find a useful contract - twelve days travel from where I got the info - and then discovered that the contract on offer paid a less than impressive 90 credits. I politely declined. I'm guessing that if I'd taken it I would have had some sort of adventure, but my reaction, in terms of "would my commander think this was worth taking as described?" was "no way!", there were MUCH more valuable contracts on offer through the regular system, and I'd just made more than 100K credits getting there. Sorry, but there really needs to be more of an incentive on this one.
This is curious because I'm sure to have disabled the only mission giver I had implemented (at the bar)... Anyway I'm going to rewrite and flesh out the mission engine so things will change.

EDIT: No, it's not curious at all. This is the result of changing version without a proper "cleaning" on the variables stored in the savegame. In this case I have deleted the variables in the new release, but your savegame keeps them because at the time of saving you were using the old release.
I have to write a variable with the OXP version, execute a comparison at start and eventually delete the obsolete variables.

On the money part, the awards will be proportional with the commander standing in the OXP, so at the beginning there will be less money for him (but when the commander has an higher status the money will increase a lot).
What is the commander motivation, then? It's true, vanilla contracts are more worthwhile, so I need to add something different that can appease the player.
One thing could be specific career ranking, so certain type of mission gives points that increase the commander status about those activities.
Another thing could be an advantage related to the type of mission, something that can be useful to the player, to avoid some bad stuff or to get some good stuff.
I'll think about this, in the meantime I accept suggestions.
ffutures wrote:
Something I noticed - in a lot of the contacts with female NPCs the word "Her" is capitalised, even in the middle of a sentence.
Thanks for reporting! I forgot to fix that thing. Only He and She will be capitalized, him/his/her are now lowercase.
pagroove wrote:
I was sitting near a fountain. It would be cool if you have a 'look around/ look around some more' commando. In this way you can look into the fountain and have the random chance of finding some credits. Using look commando in other locations would have a random chance to see some things that aren't described in the first descriptions. However there must me a check built in that you cannot repeat this endlessly to fire of random happenings.
A "Look around" choice can be implemented at the fountain, since the location has only two choices (stay or go away) at the moment.
pagroove wrote:
'Look' around in other areas...
'Talk' to could be used to talk to the people or groups you see in the descriptions...
'Use' could be used to interact with objects and even computer terminals.
As a general rule of thumb I'm trying to balance the number of choices in the menus, and limit them to 5-6 max (and in some cases I'm already at this limit).
That said, since I want to enable mission in several locations randomly, maybe a "Look around" or "Talk" choice could be used to get the player to know about those missions, after all. I will consider this when writing the mission engine.
The "Use" command is redundant, in my opinion, because it has to refer to something that has already been described, and in that case I usually automatically add a choice for interaction.
pagroove wrote:
- Make your OXP to auto extract text from the F7 screen. for missions and / or conversations.

For Example you visit a planet with a 'Civil War'. This could generate conversations like. "Did you hear the war just got worse" and many other related conversations. For this maybe a random generator could be added.

- Make stations more different by species. A frog station should have 'some' other areas. For example a mud bath in the entertainment area.
This, in a measure, is being done with the random events. I'm introducing events that will be enabled if a system has a certain government, a certain tech level or a certain economy.

Considering the dominant species in the system is not a bad idea. But it seems to me there are a lot of species, so I should create a limited area for this, maybe a "Native Comfort Area" or something like this, where the dominant species mustn't endure too much discomfort. But everything must have a purpose, so even this could generate missions to systems with the same species (if they exists), that help the player gain reputation with that species... it's good but for now it's too complex, I have already a lot of stuff to put into the OXP, I'll put it in the "Concept/Ideas" section of my to-do list.
pagroove wrote:
- Add a buffet to the bar where you can order (random generated meals ad drinks = look at the Random Hits OXP for ideas). Meals can have a positive or negative effect.
I like this. I only have to think to the effects of the meals. I need of something that could be related, and that can have an influence on the player.
I was thinking about "morale", but what difference can bring a sad or happy commander? It is already possible to roleplay a bit with the random events implemented, there's no need of a dedicated stat, I believe.
I don't want to introduce "hunger" or "thirst" because they can become a burden or - worst of all - boring mechanics.
This requires a bit of analysis.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Downloaded it and installed it, but for some reason it isn't loading.
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

ffutures wrote:
Downloaded it and installed it, but for some reason it isn't loading.
Could you send me or show the latest.log (surely there's an exception somewhere) in the folder Oolite/oolite.app/Logs ?
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

It appears to be loading but I'm not seeing the start menu for it when I press F4:

Opening log for Oolite version 1.80 (x86-64) under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit at 2015-02-02 00:31:50 +0000.
4 processors detected.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

00:31:50.482 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1680 x 1050
00:31:50.980 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 1
00:31:51.011 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 3.3.0 ("3.3.0"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "GeForce 210/PCIe/SSE2".
00:31:51.011 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (242):
GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_sync, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_NV_fence, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_NV_texture_multisample, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_conservative_depth, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_KHR_debug, GL_ARB_copy_image, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_ARB_shading_language_include, GL_EXT_texture_storage, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_texture_expand_normal, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_NV_gpu_program4_1, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_EXT_import_sync_object, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility, GL_EXT_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_query_levels, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_texture_view, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_stencil_texturing, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_NV_texture_barrier
00:31:51.069 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
00:31:51.125 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
Resources
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
../AddOns
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/DTT.Heart_of_Gold 1.0.Paradox.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/DTT.Planet_Express 1.1.Paradox.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ArexackHeretic.CargoWreck.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ArexackHeretic.ThargornThreat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ShipStorageHelper.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.captsolo.tori2.02.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.new-cargoes.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.skilled-npcs.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.sunspots.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CmdrWombat.ThargoidWars.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Display_reputation.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.AsteroidStorm.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Neelix.WaypointHere.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.TorusToSun.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Pagroove.FamousPlanets.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.BlOombergMarkets.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_demux_volcanic.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_others_gas_giants.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.aliens.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.better Buoys.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Star-jelly.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_base.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.eq_aide.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.glare_filter.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.superbatprime.Ship's_Cat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.OXPConfig.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Snoopers.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Planetfall.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Pods.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.SecondWave.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Swarm.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.WelcomeMat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.UK_Eliter.ExtraThargoids.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.UK_Eliter.InterstellarTweaks.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Contracted_Goods_Reminder.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.distant_suns.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.interfaces_screen.oxz
../AddOns/Auto Crosshairs 1.0.4.oxp
../AddOns/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp
../AddOns/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp
../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp
../AddOns/linearfix.oxp
../AddOns/randomshipnames1.4.oxp
../AddOns/Snoopers2.5.oxp
00:31:51.365 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
00:31:51.817 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 1.39 seconds. ==========
00:31:58.307 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 95 world scripts:
Additional Planets SR pack Demux Volcanic 1.1
Additional Planets SR pack Others Gas Giants 1.1
Additional Planets SR pack Redux 1.1
aliens_world_script 1.0
AsteroidStorm 4.03
Auto Crosshairs 1.0.4
BGS-M 1.10.7
BGS-XMapping 1.10.1
Cabal_Common_Briefing 1.7
Cabal_Common_Comms 1.7
Cabal_Common_Functions 1.7
Cabal_Common_Keyboard 1.7
Cabal_Common_MissionHandling 1.7
Cabal_Common_Music 1.7
Cabal_Common_Overlay 1.7
Cabal_Common_OXPStrength 1.7.1
Cabal_Common_SpecialMarkets 1.7
Cargo_Wreck_Teaser 1.7.1
CargoTypeExtension 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Auctions 1.1.1
CargoTypeExtension-Base 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-DefaultMarket 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Dynamic 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-FetchContracts 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-OpenContract 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Permits 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Regional 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Scavenger 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-Astrofactory 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-ConStore 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-Galnavy 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-GRS 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-HoopyCasino 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaBiosphere 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaFactory 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaHabitat 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaRelay 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaResearch 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaSolar 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-PlanetFall 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-RockHermit 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-RRSWaystation 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SalvageGang 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SpaceBar 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SuperHub 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-ZGF 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-TraderNet 1.2.3
coluber_hud_ch01 1.0.1
Comms Pack A 0.5
Contracted Goods Reminder 1.0
display-reputation-contract 1.2
display-reputation-parcel 1.2
display-reputation-passenger 1.2
eq_aide 1.1
extraThargoids_populator 3.5
glare_filter 1.0
hudselector 1.9
IST_masterScript 5.0
linearfix
LITF 0.1.5
LITF_Common 0.1.5
LITF_EventsCatalog 0.1.5
LITF_Navigation 0.1.5
LITF_RandomEvents 0.1.5
LITF_RPGElements 0.1.5
oolite-cloaking-device 1.80
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.80
oolite-contracts-cargo 1.80
oolite-contracts-helpers 1.80
oolite-contracts-parcels 1.80
oolite-contracts-passengers 1.80
oolite-libPriorityAI 1.80
oolite-nova 1.80
oolite-populator 1.80
oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.80
oolite-registership 1.80
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.80
oolite-trumbles 1.80
oolite-tutorial 1.80
OXPConfig 2.3.1
PlanetFall 1.51
randomshipnames 1.4
SE-main-script 2.5
Ship_Storage_Helper.js 0.23
Skilled NPCs 1.2
snoopers 2.5
Stars 0.5.1
System Features: Rings 1.2
System Features: Sunspots 1.5
System Redux 0.7
thargoid_wars 4.6
Thargorn_Witchspace_Battle 1.5.2
torustosun 1.4
Welcome Information Script 1.13
whichcat 1.1
00:31:58.561 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: missionVariables.LITF_cmdStatsArr is null
00:31:58.561 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 25.
00:31:59.321 [hudselector]: HUDs: Default HUD,hud,Original HUD with 10 MFDs,hudselector-oldoriginal,Small HUD with 10 MFDs,hudselector-oldsmall,Coluber HUD CH01,coluber_hud_ch01
00:31:59.386 [hudselector]: Scanner NonLinear:true UltraZoom:true HUD:coluber_hud_ch01.plist Crosshairs: null, scanner settings is not fixed.
00:32:26.993 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: this.LITF_varStore is undefined
00:32:26.993 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 172.
00:44:22.171 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0xbf030f0>{nextTime: 749.15, interval: 0.25, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
01:13:07.218 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "oolite-populator" ran for 5.60431 seconds and has been terminated.
01:51:13.340 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "oolite-populator" ran for 5.11288 seconds and has been terminated.
02:29:39.409 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "oolite-populator" ran for 5.0367 seconds and has been terminated.
02:35:20.671 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: this.LITF_varStore is undefined
02:35:20.671 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 172.
02:44:13.559 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: this.LITF_varStore is undefined
02:44:13.559 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 172.
02:44:16.180 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0x10094a70>{nextTime: 7926.57, interval: 0.25, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
02:47:18.812 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: this.LITF_varStore is undefined
02:47:18.812 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 172.
02:47:21.430 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0x3f2ea80>{nextTime: 8111.95, interval: 0.25, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
02:50:43.232 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: this.LITF_varStore is undefined
02:50:43.232 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 172.
02:50:45.853 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0x1009f930>{nextTime: 8316.41, interval: 0.25, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
02:50:47.407 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on options screen.
02:50:47.407 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2015-02-02 02:50:47 +0000.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Just tried it again without making any changes and this time it worked - really not sure what's going on there.

Opening log for Oolite version 1.80 (x86-64) under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit at 2015-02-02 17:36:50 +0000.
4 processors detected.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

17:36:51.053 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1680 x 1050
17:36:51.442 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 1
17:36:51.468 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 3.3.0 ("3.3.0"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "GeForce 210/PCIe/SSE2".
17:36:51.468 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (242):
GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_sync, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_NV_fence, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_NV_texture_multisample, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_conservative_depth, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_KHR_debug, GL_ARB_copy_image, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_ARB_shading_language_include, GL_EXT_texture_storage, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_texture_expand_normal, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_NV_gpu_program4_1, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_EXT_import_sync_object, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility, GL_EXT_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_query_levels, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_texture_view, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_stencil_texturing, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_NV_texture_barrier
17:36:51.528 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
17:36:51.586 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
Resources
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
../AddOns
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/DTT.Heart_of_Gold 1.0.Paradox.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/DTT.Planet_Express 1.1.Paradox.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ArexackHeretic.CargoWreck.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ArexackHeretic.ThargornThreat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ShipStorageHelper.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.captsolo.tori2.02.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.new-cargoes.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.skilled-npcs.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.sunspots.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CmdrWombat.ThargoidWars.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Display_reputation.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.AsteroidStorm.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Neelix.WaypointHere.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.TorusToSun.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Pagroove.FamousPlanets.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.BlOombergMarkets.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_demux_volcanic.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_others_gas_giants.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.aliens.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.better Buoys.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Star-jelly.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_base.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.eq_aide.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.glare_filter.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.superbatprime.Ship's_Cat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.OXPConfig.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Snoopers.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Planetfall.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Pods.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.SecondWave.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Swarm.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.WelcomeMat.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.UK_Eliter.ExtraThargoids.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.UK_Eliter.InterstellarTweaks.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Contracted_Goods_Reminder.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.distant_suns.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.interfaces_screen.oxz
../AddOns/Auto Crosshairs 1.0.4.oxp
../AddOns/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp
../AddOns/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp/Coluber_HUD_CH01_testversion.oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp
../AddOns/Griff-ships.oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp/Cobra_Mk3_Subentmissiles_(Oolite_v1.80_and_higher).oxp
../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp
../AddOns/linearfix.oxp
../AddOns/randomshipnames1.4.oxp
../AddOns/Snoopers2.5.oxp
17:36:51.937 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
17:36:52.392 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 1.54 seconds. ==========
17:36:58.603 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 95 world scripts:
Additional Planets SR pack Demux Volcanic 1.1
Additional Planets SR pack Others Gas Giants 1.1
Additional Planets SR pack Redux 1.1
aliens_world_script 1.0
AsteroidStorm 4.03
Auto Crosshairs 1.0.4
BGS-M 1.10.7
BGS-XMapping 1.10.1
Cabal_Common_Briefing 1.7
Cabal_Common_Comms 1.7
Cabal_Common_Functions 1.7
Cabal_Common_Keyboard 1.7
Cabal_Common_MissionHandling 1.7
Cabal_Common_Music 1.7
Cabal_Common_Overlay 1.7
Cabal_Common_OXPStrength 1.7.1
Cabal_Common_SpecialMarkets 1.7
Cargo_Wreck_Teaser 1.7.1
CargoTypeExtension 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Auctions 1.1.1
CargoTypeExtension-Base 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-DefaultMarket 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Dynamic 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-FetchContracts 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-OpenContract 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Permits 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Regional 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Scavenger 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-Astrofactory 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-ConStore 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-Galnavy 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-GRS 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-HoopyCasino 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaBiosphere 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaFactory 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaHabitat 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaRelay 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaResearch 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-KiotaSolar 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-PlanetFall 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-RockHermit 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-RRSWaystation 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SalvageGang 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SpaceBar 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-SuperHub 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-Station-ZGF 1.2.3
CargoTypeExtension-TraderNet 1.2.3
coluber_hud_ch01 1.0.1
Comms Pack A 0.5
Contracted Goods Reminder 1.0
display-reputation-contract 1.2
display-reputation-parcel 1.2
display-reputation-passenger 1.2
eq_aide 1.1
extraThargoids_populator 3.5
glare_filter 1.0
hudselector 1.9
IST_masterScript 5.0
linearfix
LITF 0.1.5
LITF_Common 0.1.5
LITF_EventsCatalog 0.1.5
LITF_Navigation 0.1.5
LITF_RandomEvents 0.1.5
LITF_RPGElements 0.1.5
oolite-cloaking-device 1.80
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.80
oolite-contracts-cargo 1.80
oolite-contracts-helpers 1.80
oolite-contracts-parcels 1.80
oolite-contracts-passengers 1.80
oolite-libPriorityAI 1.80
oolite-nova 1.80
oolite-populator 1.80
oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.80
oolite-registership 1.80
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.80
oolite-trumbles 1.80
oolite-tutorial 1.80
OXPConfig 2.3.1
PlanetFall 1.51
randomshipnames 1.4
SE-main-script 2.5
Ship_Storage_Helper.js 0.23
Skilled NPCs 1.2
snoopers 2.5
Stars 0.5.1
System Features: Rings 1.2
System Features: Sunspots 1.5
System Redux 0.7
thargoid_wars 4.6
Thargorn_Witchspace_Battle 1.5.2
torustosun 1.4
Welcome Information Script 1.13
whichcat 1.1
17:36:58.872 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: missionVariables.LITF_cmdStatsArr is null
17:36:58.872 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 25.
17:36:59.801 [hudselector]: HUDs: Default HUD,hud,Original HUD with 10 MFDs,hudselector-oldoriginal,Small HUD with 10 MFDs,hudselector-oldsmall,Coluber HUD CH01,coluber_hud_ch01
17:36:59.838 [hudselector]: Scanner NonLinear:true UltraZoom:true HUD:coluber_hud_ch01.plist Crosshairs: null, scanner settings is not fixed.
17:39:15.180 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: this.LITF_varStore is undefined
17:39:15.180 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 172.
17:39:17.820 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0xc0830d0>{nextTime: 143.216, interval: 0.25, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
17:39:55.966 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: _litf.LITF_varStore is undefined
17:39:55.966 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LITF_Common.js, line 696.
17:40:15.797 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on options screen.
17:40:15.797 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2015-02-02 17:40:15 +0000.
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

And here they are.
ffutures wrote:
17:36:58.872 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: missionVariables.LITF_cmdStatsArr is null
17:36:58.872 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 25.
This is related to one of the two variables array that I introduced in 0.1.5, and to the actual check on the variables stored in the savegame. The logic of the check was flawed, now should be fixed - it's not the version-comparing that I wanted, but it's simple and functional (I check every new variable introduced and I "clean" the obsolete and inactive variables).
ffutures wrote:
17:39:15.180 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: this.LITF_varStore is undefined
17:39:15.180 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LifeInTheFrontier.js, line 172.

17:39:55.966 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (LITF 0.1.5): TypeError: _litf.LITF_varStore is undefined
17:39:55.966 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/Life_In_The_Frontier_v0.1.5.oxp/Scripts/LITF_Common.js, line 696.
This was a trivial issue, now should be fixed too.

As usual, I have updated the first post with the new release (0.1.5.1)
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Thanks - I'll give it a try tomorrow, I'm going to get an early night for a change.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Your work is brilliant, I really enjoyed the walk and random events inside the station.

My suggestions:
-Please mention the names of sub-areas in the layers menu if there are more than one, like "Maintenance Area (Storage and Cargo)". This help avoid lost in the station.
-Smaller stations (non-coriolis or low tech/prod) should have much less areas imho. If there is only one area at each layer in these stations then the navigation can be much simpler (a single menu with direct access to the areas).
-Stay within 3 levels in version numbers. More readable and I think this is the limit in the core regarding the oxz format.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Norby wrote:
I think this is the limit in the core regarding the oxz format.
There's no hard limit on the number of components in a version number.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

A problem in the medical area - if you try to buy treatment you're either told you don't need it (e.g. I tried to get a hangover cure while sober) or dumped out to the F5 screen when you confirm you want to buy it. Haven't been able to test much else so far.

Still find navigation around the decks a bit confusing, but maybe it's just me.
BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM
Competent
Competent

Hi everyone!
Norby wrote:
Your work is brilliant, I really enjoyed the walk and random events inside the station.
Thanks. This means a lot to me. I'm working to give the player a sense and a motivation to return to the station, and to spend time in them too.
Norby wrote:
-Please mention the names of sub-areas in the layers menu if there are more than one, like "Maintenance Area (Storage and Cargo)". This help avoid lost in the station.
ffutures wrote:
Still find navigation around the decks a bit confusing, but maybe it's just me.
I'm actually trying to find a better design for the station.
This is the actual design:

Code: Select all

L1 Lift -- Docks Area -- [Ship]
   |
L2 Lift -- Maintenance Area --+-- Storage Zone
   |                          |
   |                          +-- Cargo Zone
   |
L3 Lift -- Main Concourse A -- Main Concourse B -- Main Concourse C
   |
L4 Lift -- Entertainment Area --+-- Sport Zone
   |                            |        |
   |                            +-- Art Zone
   |
L5 Lift -- GalCop Precinct
And this is an attempt to a new design: the different Lift locations are put together, I have added a "lobby" for every level, and every area is reachable from them:

+-- L1 Lobby -- Docks Area -- [Ship]
       |
       +-- L2 Lobby --+-- Maintenance Area
       |              |
       |              +-- Storage Area
       |              |
       |              +-- Cargo Area
       |
Lift --+-- L3 Lobby --+-- Main Concourse A
       |              |
       |              +-- Main Concourse B
       |              |
       |              +-- Main Concourse C
       |
       +-- L4 Lobby --+-- Entertainment Area
       |              |
       |              +-- Physical Activities Area
       |              |
       |              +-- Intellectual Activities Area
       |
       +-- L5 Lobby -- GalCop Precint

This should decrease the average number of steps from a location to another - a little, at least.

EDIT: I forgot: Since the Lift location is unique for all the station, the screen would contains info about every location on every level, as a station reference for the player.
Norby wrote:
-Smaller stations (non-coriolis or low tech/prod) should have much less areas imho. If there is only one area at each layer in these stations then the navigation can be much simpler (a single menu with direct access to the areas).
Yes, I totally agree. I think I will use the tech level as reference to determine the number of levels: hi-tech systems (TL > 9) will have all the levels, average-tech systems (TL 5-9) won't have the Level 4, and low-tech systems (TL < 5) won't have Levels 3 and 4. And I would add some other tweak, as an example station sympathetic with criminals shouldn't have a Galcop precinct.
Norby wrote:
-Stay within 3 levels in version numbers.
Yes, that was only for the quick fix.
ffutures wrote:
A problem in the medical area - if you try to buy treatment you're either told you don't need it (e.g. I tried to get a hangover cure while sober) or dumped out to the F5 screen when you confirm you want to buy it. Haven't been able to test much else so far.
I presume you got drunk in the local bar and then went to the Medical Center to access the hangover treatment, right? An abrupt transition to the F5 screen means an exception on the OXP, I'll make some attempt to see if I can replicate your circumstances.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

My suggestion:

+-- L1 Lobby --+-- Maintenance Area
       |              |
       |              +-- Storage Area
       |              |
       |              +-- Cargo Area
       |
Docks--+-- L2 Lobby --+-- Main Concourse A
       |              |
       |              +-- Main Concourse B
       |              |
       |              +-- Main Concourse C
       |
       +-- L3 Lobby --+-- Entertainment Area
       |              |
       |              +-- Physical Activities Area
       |              |
       |              +-- Intellectual Activities Area
       |
       +-- L4 GalCop Precint (without Lobby)
       |
       +-- Your ship (exit)
The smallest stations can be even more simple, which increase the feeling of a small place:

+-- Maintenance Area
       |
Docks--+-- Storage Area
       |
       +-- Cargo Area
       |
       +-- GalCop Precint
       |
       +-- Your ship