Thargoid's OXZ Adoption Thread

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Thargoid's OXZ Adoption Thread

Post by Thargoid »

Smivs wrote:
FWIW I do get the sense that Thargoid is quite keen to resolve this, but I'm sure he'll comment next time he visits.
Indeed, it's not a sense of urgency per-se, but I'd like to know they're going to good homes, and that if problems do crop up with any of them that there is someone to help out (as I don't have the time any more, hence why I'm giving the things away in the first place). There was something relating to TCAT for example that happened just after I made the original announcement.

Plus as I'm seeing some new stuff in the progress thread which will longer-term definitely affect some of the OXPs (or will allow a lot of potential for new or improved stuff) then it could be simpler for people to know that work is ongoing in that direction, even if the OXZs are fine in their current form for the current release of the game.

And lastly as I don't log in here anywhere near as often as I used to be able to, it makes it simpler for me to maintain the list. Hence why I asked if someone who is here a bit more regularly than me would be willing and able to do that for me, as a list caretaker. That's the one item I'd really like someone to take over, if there is a willing candidate ;)
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

I made a fix on Ring Racer here, I would like to upload into the manager if I get the right.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Thargoid,

since no-one else has come forward, I'll be happy to watch over for WildShips.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

spara wrote:
Thargoid,

since no-one else has come forward, I'll be happy to watch over for WildShips.
Thanks - glad it's in such good hands :)
Nomad
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Nomad »

I am interested in Retro Rockets and Cargo Spotter, but I am very new to "the dark side" of Oolite, so someone else may be better-suited.
  • Retro Rockets does not work in Oolite 1.84. I have already modified my local copy some, and it *almost* works correctly. The same is true for the kicker missile in armoury.
  • Cargo Spotter still works great (and I use it all the time), but I would probably release a new version that stays on between launches. Currently, it turns itself off after every launch.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Nomad wrote:
Cargo Spotter still works great (and I use it all the time), but I would probably release a new version that stays on between launches. Currently, it turns itself off after every launch.
This tweak is for you.
Nomad
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Nomad »

Thanks Norby, I'll do that. With regard to Retro Rockets, I have an alternative OXP idea that I may create instead: Finite Probability Drive.
jackiebean
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by jackiebean »

I know this is a little bit of thread necromancy, but i really need to know who would like to help update thargoid gates with me. the models and textures are complete. just need soeone to help do scripts and get them compatible with the newest flavors of the game.

If the textures are not to anyones liking, i am open to suggestions or even help there, but i was trying my best to keep the coloration similar to the original.

i have not opened the blends in a while, but i think the ship in the center of each gate is an anaconda. i think the gates are even large enough to fit behemoths in.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

As they remain unclaimed, I am adopting Armoury, IronHide and TrafficControl.

I also uploaded a maintenance patch for Pods, but I'll defer to Rustem on that one if he comes back and wants to continue maintaining it.
Last edited by Milo on Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

Hadn't seen this topic until milo bumped it up...

I've adopted HyperCargo and Vortex...released a bug-fix version of Vortex (v1.32) , but I can't remove the old manifest (asked cim to do it but he hasn't read the PM yet) so there are to entries for it in the Expansion Manager.
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

Thargoid wrote: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:04 pm
Since my retirement from maintaining and expanding my portfolio, I offer the content of that portfolio up for adoption by anyone who may wish to maintain and improve them, and to keep them compatible with the fast-improving target that is Oolite.

Below is a list of all of my OXPs/OXZs, as taken from my wiki page. They are available to anyone who may wish to take them over, if so please use this thread to make your claim to them. All OXZs are stored on the wiki (although the filenames include wrong version numbers in many cases, as I didn't do it right originally :oops: ), and the OXPs are on my box account. The latter will be taken down as and when the OXPs are taken over and updated to new homes by new owners. I also hereby give permission for anyone taking over one or more of the OXZs to take over their manifests on the OXZ manager site (ask Cim to change ownership for you).

New owners name is added in bold italics.

<SNIP>

• Repair 'Bots - Lone_Wolf

It's first-come, first-served, and this public statement supersedes the licenses in the individual OXP/OXZ files concerning what can be done with them. Of course any OXP/OXZ which doesn't get adopted won't be updated and will probably soon cease to work with all the changes in trunk lately.
Is Repair Bots being mantained?

The forum says the last login from Lone_Wolf was in Feb/2018

I've some ideas about the Self-Repair System...
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Might be worth looking at viewtopic.php?t=20408 and http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Vortex_OXP as I think they both have variants of repair bots.
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

Milo wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:00 pm
Might be worth looking at viewtopic.php?t=20408 and http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Vortex_OXP as I think they both have variants of repair bots.
Thanks, Milo, I didn't know about them and will look!

I knew about the cargo bays in Vortex, but I hadn't noticed the self-repair system (and I even released a bug-fix version for that OXP :oops: - talk about tunnel vision! :lol: )

That HUD is _really_ impressive!

My ideas for repair bots are:

- a light version that takes less space, holds less charge, costs more per charge and whose controller is available at higher TL systems, aimed at small ships with almost no cargo space (I run a shipdata-override that reduces the cargo space of most small ships to no more than 25% of their mass, so a Shark or Night Adder for example would have only 1t of cargo space);
- some way for the player to control the repairing selection process, setting priorities or even to say not to fix something (and save the charges for something more important)
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

A limited version for smaller ships seems like a reasonable variation. The priority thing sounds fine unless it introduces more in-flight equipment. Any configuration should be station-side so you don't have yet another in-flight configuration thing that you will hardly ever use but will always have to skip over in the equipment cycle.