[Release] Ship Condition

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Ship Condition

Post by Venator Dha »

Disembodied wrote:
The TL of the planet could affect how quickly the maintenance level decayed: a high TL overhaul would last longer than a low TL one.
Or how long it takes to be done. A high tech level planet could be quicker, as the have the best equipment - could be good for a courier on a tight schedule :) .
You could even have different prices vs time vs quality - Do you take it to a main franchise or 'Bob's mate' who 'knows a bit about Cobras' :lol:
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Venator Dha wrote:
Disembodied wrote:
The TL of the planet could affect how quickly the maintenance level decayed: a high TL overhaul would last longer than a low TL one.
Or how long it takes to be done. A high tech level planet could be quicker, as the have the best equipment - could be good for a courier on a tight schedule :) .
You could even have different prices vs time vs quality - Do you take it to a main franchise or 'Bob's mate' who 'knows a bit about Cobras' :lol:
Good ideas, yes! In fact, having one or two outstanding mechanics scattered here and there (and, conversely, a few real cowboys) would add an element of exploration and discovery - a bit of inside knowledge about the game that the player would be able to acquire for themselves.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

spud42 wrote:
Smivs wrote:
My Airbag light has been on for ages...
yeah.. mine too.. but it is a 2002 Volvo....<snip>... would cost more than the car is worth!!!
I was joking - my car is fine thankfully.
Mrs_Smivs' old car did have a 'bag warning light on a while ago though. The garage reckoned it would be a few hundred pounds for a new airbag, until I twiddled the plug under the passenger seat and cured the problem :) It seems that a loose plug is by far the most common reason for the warning light showing, so it might be worth checking yours.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Disembodied wrote:
spud42 wrote:
maybe all we need is a "service due" light or a "check engine" light
We sort of have that already, in that the option pops up on the F3 screen when it's due...
I like the way Smivs' BattleDamage oxp reports on docking if your ship has been damaged. Something like that might work to notify the player that there is a maintenance overhaul available.

An OXP that combines the visual/behavioral effects from breakable standard equipment oxps and nagging from battledamage oxp to the ship service level would be interesting.
SteveKing
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SteveKing »

I should have dropped by here yesterday when all the action happened. Then my comments over at ‘Tales…’ could have been posted in a better thread.

Descriptive terms of ship/equipment reliability has my vote, along with my comment that perhaps it can also be applied to oxp equipment that wears out (like Towbar). And as it’s also being discussed, the possibility that maintenance can be requested for equipment that isn’t at the ‘it might break at any moment’ (or has broken) stage – pretty much what Dismb said back on the first page of the thread.

Also with the different electro/mechanic shops scattered around the charts, there’s scope for more humorous YAH. The Hyperradio DJ Milky Way Kid has “Mac’s Autos” as a sponsor – a slightly overpriced, but consistent service "available at TL8 or better" - as distinct from “Bob’s Budget Repair Barn - she'll be right mate” :)
SteveKing
(not quite the author)
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Disembodied wrote:
This is approximately the case already. Maintenance overhauls will always increase you to 85% (below which you get offered overhauls) but a very high TL world might take you up to 100%.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

cim wrote:
Disembodied wrote:
This is approximately the case already. Maintenance overhauls will always increase you to 85% (below which you get offered overhauls) but a very high TL world might take you up to 100%.
Cool! (And well worth knowing, too ...)
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

Greetings!

I tried to change my ships name and it didn't stick... as soon as I changed screens the new name was reset.

I could changed the ship name in the core game (no OXPs), so I did a binary search and came up with Ship Condition as the one that, if installed, I could not change the ship name.

The patch bellow fixs it:

Code: Select all

diff -rNu shipCondition-1.0.1/Config/script.js shipCondition-1.0.1.mod/Config/script.js
--- shipCondition-1.0.1/Config/script.js	2020-04-06 15:19:20.773325671 -0300
+++ shipCondition-1.0.1.mod/Config/script.js	2020-04-06 15:19:20.781325634 -0300
@@ -21,7 +21,7 @@
 }

this.guiScreenChanged = function(to, from) {
-	if (to !== "GUI_SCREEN_STATUS" && this.$nameChanged) {
+	if (to == "GUI_SCREEN_STATUS" && this.$nameChanged) {
 		player.ship.shipUniqueName = this.$originalName;
 		this.$nameChanged = false;
 	}
Cheers!