Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Please update OXPs for 1.80

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Please update OXPs for 1.80

Post by harry747 »

In an older version I used the following OXPs, but they are not available for 1.80
- supercobra
- deep space dredger

Any chance to get them updated so they are compatible with 1.80?

Also, i'd like to try out the AI trading assistant, but the current version (2.13) is also "incompatible with this version." any chance to get that fixed?
MacBook pro, OSX 10.8.5, Xcode 5
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Please update OXPs for 1.80

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Supercobra is compatible with 1.80, you just have to install it manually in the Addons folder (as was normal for ALL oxps before the OXZ manager was introduced).

I don't know deep space dredeger, but there's a big chance it's the same for that one.

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

harry747 wrote:
Also, i'd like to try out the AI trading assistant, but the current version (2.13) is also "incompatible with this version." any chance to get that fixed?
It definitely isn't. I think you've got Market Observer and the message you're seeing is that AI Trading Assistant is incompatible with an already installed OXZ, yes?
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Potential Debris
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Potential Debris »

Deep space dredger works under 1.80, I have sold several wrecks to dredgers since upgrading.
harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Post by harry747 »

Wildeblood wrote:
It definitely isn't. I think you've got Market Observer and the message you're seeing is that AI Trading Assistant is incompatible with an already installed OXZ, yes?
i think i also got the incompatibility message before i installed market observer. but i'll check it out…
edit: yep, i removed the market observer, and i still get the incompatibility message :-(

and the other 2… just drag them into the add-ons folder, right?
MacBook pro, OSX 10.8.5, Xcode 5
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Both should be compatible with 1.80, otherwise I had update them before 1.80 release. I think I created the current version for both.

Deep Space Dredgers is on my list to create an updated version with the new subentitie definitions as it throws warnings in current trunk.
There are also a few others that throw warnings that I plan to update. At the moment I updated Military Fiasco, but have not uploaded it yet.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

harry747 wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
i think i also got the incompatibility message before i installed market observer. but i'll check it out…
edit: yep, i removed the market observer, and i still get the incompatibility message :-(
You're talking about Oolite 1.80, not trunk 1.81, yes?

You're looking at the main Trading Assistant OXZ, not one of the plug-ins, Purchase Book or Turbotrader?

Remove Market Observer, leave the OXZ manager so Oolite re-compiles its OXZ cache, go back to the OXZ manager and you should be able to download Trading Assistant. If not, some other OXZ is blocking it, and I've no idea which it would be or why. Possibly Commodity Markets or SellAll?