New Lasers v0.7.oxz

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: New Lasers v0.7.oxz

Post by Norby »

Damocles Edge wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:32 am
Can someone advise me please (as I'm not at all versed in these matters).
I have noticed that since changing my ship recently and selecting the UBER option in f3 menu that my selection of weapons that I can buy(even at TL 14 systems) seems limited. I have amongst my plethora of OXP's :LMSS, Armoury, Eco Lasers, Energy Bomb, Laser Cannons, New Lasers.
Would I be correct in saying that all available laser options should be detailed in the file equipment.plist ?
Only all I can see detailed within there are the basic pulse, beam, military and mining lasers - the other lasers must be detailed elsewhere as I do get the option to buy some laser cannons.
Something doesn't seem right to me but sadly my complete lack of knowledge means that I am struggling to know what to look for or where to look.
Can anyone help please?
Equipment.plist is the holder of laser definitions, but this file is within the addons also and the core game merge these.
There is a limit based on the mass of your ship in Laser Cannons, maybe this is what you noticed?
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

Apologies for not replying back, it did seem to me (in my impatience that I wasn't getting any uber options when looking to buy lasers but it must have just been coincidence for an unusually long spell.
But I am now seeing some uber weapons.
I have noticed that Ergon lasers never seem to be in the offering, although I regularly (pretty much at every station of a high enough tech level) get offered the A38 blunderbuss cannon.
Is weapon choice at stations dictated by government type or trade type of a system (as well as by tech level) ?
I would love to give the RimmerAce Quadcooled 'ImpasseResolver a try but cannot seem to find it so far in galaxy 2 - am I in the wrong galaxy?
Can anyone advise what narrows the search parameters when looking for a specific weapon please?
many thanks.
O.C.T.D (Oolite Crash Test Dummy) Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm......
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Now I added the conditions from the source code into a new "Available in" column in the wiki page of New Lasers.

You can get a quick overview about the species of worlds in the Oolite Interactive Map.

Uber lasers are more tricky, seek for the solution in the world descriptions.

See also Redspear's post about this feature.
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

Many thanks to you Norby :D
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

Sorry to be a pain
I know that it is probably just me not understanding things fully but can someone explain something to me please?
I have until yesterday used via LMSS DeXM-trope 'DoomLens' for my regular space battle (when I want the pilot to bail out and leave me a ship to mine).
When I either want to mine asteroids or obliterate most things with 1 shot I use Lance & Ferman Military Cannon - it's v good for this.

I noticed that Lance & Ferman Military Cannon has a usable range of 10k, uses 7 energy /25 heat and causes 75 damage.
I also noticed that the Anderson ITC 'Belter' Sp.(1999) has a usable range of 12.5k, uses 1.4 energy / 10 heat and causes 100 damage.
So I thought that trading the L&F Military Canon for the Anderson ITC Belter was a no brainer as it has an additional 2.5k range, uses less energy, causes less laser heat and causes 33% more damage.
Well so I thought - in practice using the Anderson ITC Belter requires around 3 hits on most craft to destroy them whereas the L&F Mil Canon only requires 1.
Is there a typo in the stats or more likely is my understanding of the stats and what they do lacking?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Thank you, there was a typo in Military Cannon which accidentally damaged 750 instead of 75. Fixed in Laser Cannons v1.12, if you update it then your uber-class ITC laser will be stronger than this cannon as intended.
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

Damn, me & my big mouth :(
Ah well - the easy one shot kills were good while they lasted (really handy against Thargoids) :roll:
Glad to have helped iron things out - and happier still to learn that for once it wasn't me being confounded by simple maths :wink:

It's like Thor has lost his hammer and is now using a handbag instead :cry:
cag
Deadly
Deadly

Post by cag »

startUpComplete assumes Xenon HUD is present:

Code: Select all

this.startUpComplete = function()
{
// incorporating Xenon HUD crosshair options
	var xh = worldScripts.XenonHUD;
	xh.$customCrosshairs({laser:"EQ_WEAPON_EPULSE_LASER", filename:"xenon_crosshairs_pulse.png"});
=>

Exception: TypeError: xh is undefined
    Active script: new_lasers 0.7
    new_lasers.js, line 14:
    	xh.$customCrosshairs({laser:"EQ_WEAPON_EPULSE_LASER", filename:"xenon_crosshairs_pulse.png"});
Need to add a line:

this.startUpComplete = function()
{
// incorporating Xenon HUD crosshair options
	var xh = worldScripts.XenonHUD;
	if( !xh ) return;	// <------------- added
"Better to be thought a fool, boy, than to open your trap and remove all doubt." - Grandma [over time, just "Shut your trap... fool"]
"The only stupid questions are the ones you fail to ask." - Dad
How do I...? Nevermind.
MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by MrFlibble »

I'm seeing this in Latest.log. Not sure if it matters.

[script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (new_lasers 0.7): TypeError: xh is undefined
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

MrFlibble wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:51 pm
I'm seeing this in Latest.log. Not sure if it matters.

[script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (new_lasers 0.7): TypeError: xh is undefined
No, it shouldn't matter. New Lasers is trying to integrate with the Xenon HUD and assign different cross hairs for various lasers. If you want to remove the errors, you can just install Xenon HUD (you don't have to use it, it just needs to be present). Otherwise, you can just ignore the messages.