[Wip] No shaders extra and alternative ships...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Wip] No shaders extra and alternative ships...

Post by pagroove »

Ok no hurries. Its just that it could be nice. And I hope you get better soon 8)
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: aboard the Laenina Crowne - Yasen-N class space freighter

Post by Amah »

Hej folks,
fixed/updated Z_Groovy_Stations_replace (install problems, probabilities) and alternate stations OXZ (probabilities)

have fun and good to be back

Amah
Amah
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Amah »

Some small update what I am working on atm: Staer9's cat for the noshader shipset

I'm open to suggestions on the stats. How to make it less uber? Two Pulse? Less energy, pitch/roll, speed?
Amah
Last edited by Amah on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Amah
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

Amah wrote:
I'm open to suggestions on the stats. How to make it less uber? Two Pulse? Less energie, speed?
Amah
Require every pilot who flies one to go through sensitivity training to get in touch with their empathic side?
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Amah »

Just a small upload. Spara put his take on the shadered Staer9 shipset online and I copied his stats for the Cat Mk.2 for the noshader version of the ship.
To look nice on low end machines, I combined the original shadered diffuse, effects and normal map. The noshadered ships should work alongside the original shadered ships too, btw.

I didn't like the light scratches of the original texture, so I toned it down to some greyish colour and an overall worn out look, hope you don't mind. :-)

Put a first version online on my box.com repository (see below).

Next work will be to update the rest of the noshaders staer9 ships with Sparas changes (huge thanks for your work!) and bundle them up as oxz.

As always feedback welcome, have fun.

Amah
Amah
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

Looks good! I always like to see the classic ship designs getting some new life!
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

August/September releases

Post by Amah »

Hi folks,

had some trouble accessing the site, due to some geo blocking so here's a late release announcement for the noshader version of Staer9's shipset. It should be more and less in sync with Spara's take on the shadered original Staer9's shipset. As you can read in the posts above the diffuse textures were combined so they look nice even on machines without powerful graphics hardware with shaders. And again, sorry for the long delay with the Cat and Ghavial...

Staer9/Smivs S9 [EliteWiki] Chopped Cobra is now also available in the ingame expansion manager. Shipdata was cleaned, it was rebalanced with Spara's help, and I worked a bit on the diffuse and emission textures and gave the cobra some small funky extra exhaust trails like Griffs's alternate Cobra3. ;-)

So, here's two of the now more than twenty different models flying now out in the Ooniverse:
ImageImage

Both the Staer9 Shipset and his Chopped Cobra are available as OXZ at the ingame expansion manager.If you find bugs and have suggestion just let me know.

hope you like it, have fun
Amah
Amah
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Nice work, Amah.
As the original custodian of this OXP it was unlikely to get any attention for some time as it was about the last thing on my 'to do' list, so I'm pleased to see it updated. Is there any need or point in my keeping the original version hosted? If not, I'll remove it and hand the reigns over to you.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Amah »

Don't know... I could put the orginal along with the normalmap and the diffuses online into my pre_180 folder on my box account, in case someone wants to "shader" it or wants to alter the textures?
Amah
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Smivs wrote:
I'll remove it...

Sorry, I didn't actually mean remove...I keep my old OXPs available for download in case anybody wants them for whatever reason, and this is what I was intending for this as well. I will update my web and wiki pages etc to reflect this and it will remain available from the original download link. Other than that, it's all yours.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Amah »

if it's really ok for you I'd love to maintain it.
Amah
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Yasen-N [update]

Post by Amah »

Hi folks

I contacted Mimoriaty and got permission to maintain his [EliteWiki] Radical Logistics Yasen-N. He is also so kind to look for his other unfinished ships, he was working on, so keep you fingers crossed.

Any way, I am currently working on the diffuses and the lightmap and by (ab)using the shiprespray oxp it will be possible to change the turret position in case you are lucky to get hold of an decomissioned Yasen-N 'Advanced'.

Screenshots of the civillian Yasen-N and the Skat:
ImageImage

The ships have to be rebalanced, repriced and roles (Trade, Hunter Pirate) have to be adapated.
I'd be happy for suggestions and will certainly need help when I get to this stage.

Amah
Amah
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Some minor updates:

Post by Amah »

Updating the Zgroovy variety ships atm: rebalanced roles for the sidewinder and fixed the "roles=" typo in shipdata.plist, phkb has spotted.

Currently uploading the oxps (v1.0.3) to my box.com repository. The OXZ (v1.1.1) will be updated, when the wiki is fully functional again, until then don't worry phkb has already worked around the error I did in his respray oxp, and the role balances just wasn't perfect ( I doubt they are now ;-)

On other news I corrected my wiki userpage now. Thanks Diziet Sma! and all others for the nice reception.

sorry for any inconvenience,
now, back to the [EliteWiki] Radical Logistics ships,

Amah

ps. speaking of respray. I am currently planning to (ab)use it for changing turret positions for the Yasen Advanced. So, you will be able to switch from front to bottom-rear to top-rear turret setups when docked... and all for a real bargain of 100c ;-)
Amah
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Amah wrote:
speaking of respray. I am currently planning to (ab)use it
Happy to hear my oxp is being used/abused! Go at it! Let me know if you ever want some permanent changes made to it.