[Release] Coluber HUD No. 1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Captain Beatnik
Deadly
Deadly

Re: [Release] Coluber HUD No. 1

Post by Captain Beatnik »

ffutures wrote:
Could this have something to do with one of the other OXPs, Auto Crosshairs 1.0.4.oxp?
Possibly there is a conflict with one of the other OXPs but I can not verify this. Have you checked the logs? Maybe you can find a hint there. I´m not good at scripting, so if there is a problem with a script form one of the other OXPs, I can not help you in any way.

As I already have said Coluber HUD CH01 is not a scripted HUD, so I guess a conflict with one of the other OXPs is not likely. The only script included in the OXP is the world script to change the name of hud.plist to make it compatible with HUDSelector.

The testversion I have uploaded for you has the keys for non linear scanner and ultrazoom added directly to hud.plist. You do not need a script to add that keys afterwards if you use the testversion.

I have also set up the key for the joystickindicator in the testversion (this key was commented out in the released version) but I can not verify if it works because I do not have a joystick.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
(Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001)
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

I've just tried this and it's working fine, no problems at all. Many thanks!
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Captain Beatnik wrote:
Redspear wrote:
Does the crosshair always extend to the screen edges?
Yes, this is intended. If you want shorter guidelines, the length can easily be adjusted. You only have to change four values in the "Guidelines" section of each crosshair. E.g. Changing

Code: Select all

//Guidelines
		(0.30,   0.000,   9.000,	0.30,  0.000,  1.300),
		(0.30,   0.000,  -5.000,	0.30,  0.000, -0.100),
		(0.30,  13.200,   0.000,	0.30,  0.100,  0.000),
		(0.30, -13.200,   0.000,	0.30, -0.100,  0.000),
to

Code: Select all

//Guidelines
		(0.30,   0.000,   1.800,	0.30  0.000,  1.300),
		(0.30,   0.000,  -1.800,	0.30,  0.000, -0.100),
		(0.30,  1.800,   0.000,	0.30,  0.100,  0.000),
		(0.30, -1.800,   0.000,	0.30, -0.100,  0.000),
will cause the guidelines to start just outside the outer 16-sided-figure.
Belated thanks for this, I'll be giving it a try.

Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Really like this HUD, thanks!
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Works well in portrait mode too, though as usual the scanner is a little on the small side

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

ffutures wrote:
Could this [problem] have something to do with one of the other OXPs, Auto Crosshairs 1.0.4.oxp?
The discussion above motivated me to update Auto Crosshairs OXP and add it to the download manager.

Then I made a modified version of this HUD's cross-hairs to use with it, where the 16 short line segments connecting the inner and outer 16-sided rings are highlighted when the target is centred. Captain Beatnik, would you be interested in including this in a future update of Coluber HUD No. 1?

If anyone wants to try it, just download this and put it into your AddOns folder; there's no need to modify either the Coluber HUD or Auto Crosshairs OXPs.

http://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/f/f ... ch.oxp.oxz

Example of pulse laser off target and on target:-

SARR
Competent
Competent

Post by SARR »

Great Hud,

really improves the feel of the game. Just a question. I got 2 MFD and only one ist sticky. I have to switch the second one on eacht time I leave a station. Is there a way to make the second MFD sticky too?

Greez Sarr
Captain Beatnik
Deadly
Deadly

Wildeblood wrote:
... I made a modified version of this HUD's cross-hairs to use with it, where the 16 short line segments connecting the inner and outer 16-sided rings are highlighted when the target is centred. Captain Beatnik, would you be interested in including this in a future update of Coluber HUD No. 1?
I like the function, very useful! I will add it in the next update of coluber HUD No. 1 if you agree.
Captain Beatnik
Deadly
Deadly

SARR wrote:
Great Hud,

really improves the feel of the game. Just a question. I got 2 MFD and only one ist sticky. I have to switch the second one on eacht time I leave a station. Is there a way to make the second MFD sticky too?

Greez Sarr
Hi Sarr,

unfortunately I could not reproduce the behavior you describe. :(

As a test, I have activated all seven MFD´s Coluber HUD allowes, and they all stayed switched on as expected after docking and leaving the station again. I guess the cause for the behavior may be one of MFD-OXP´s. As a quick test, I suggest you install only CommLog, Manifest and Navigation-MFD and see If the second MDF still is switched off after you leave the station. The three worked fine in my test. If this works on your system too, add the other MFD´s you want to have one by one and see which one causes the behavior. I hope this helps to find out where the problem is located.

Best regards

C.B.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

SARR wrote:
Is there a way to make the second MFD sticky too?
[EliteWiki] HUD Selector can save your MFD settings into your savegame. In Oolite v1.80 you must preset your MFDs in Interfaces (F4) within HUD and MFD selector, in v1.81 your changes during flight will be saved also.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Captain Beatnik wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
... I made a modified version of this HUD's cross-hairs to use with Auto Crosshairs...
I like the function, very useful! I will add it in the next update of coluber HUD No. 1 if you agree.
Yes, please. I've posted information about how to create such a customization in the Auto Crosshairs thread, in case it is not obvious.
SARR
Competent
Competent

Post by SARR »

Captain Beatnik wrote:
SARR wrote:
Great Hud,

Greez Sarr
Hi Sarr,

unfortunately I could not reproduce the behavior you describe. :(

As a test, I have activated all seven MFD´s Coluber HUD allowes, and they all stayed switched on as expected after docking and leaving the station again. I guess the cause for the behavior may be one of MFD-OXP´s. As a quick test, I suggest you install only CommLog, Manifest and Navigation-MFD and see If the second MDF still is switched off after you leave the station. The three worked fine in my test. If this works on your system too, add the other MFD´s you want to have one by one and see which one causes the behavior. I hope this helps to find out where the problem is located.

Best regards

C.B.
Thanks, i´ll give it a try as soon as a´m home again.

Greez Sarr
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

One minor thing - today I loaded an old saved game - my last run with an Anaconda, which goes back to Oolite 1.77 - and wanted to give the ship a name, The text that's entered is hidden by the indicators etc. on the left hand side.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Possibly a stupid question...

Why does the status "green" light flash? I can understand yellow or red flashing to draw attention to immanent doom etc., but to my way of thinking green should be the "everything calm, no need for a flashing light" state.
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

ffutures wrote:
Why does the status "green" light flash? I can understand yellow or red flashing to draw attention to immanent doom etc., but to my way of thinking green should be the "everything calm, no need for a flashing light" state.
It's the same light, the different colours are achieved by using filters.
If you wanted a non-flashing light, you'd have to change the bulb
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt