1.80, MilHUD, manual OXP installation

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

1.80, MilHUD, manual OXP installation

Post by Bogatyr »

Tried out 1.80 today after some time away, liking the new version.

I've managed to build a half-iron-ass with traditional milk runs: fore & aft militaries, lots of utility eqp but no shield enhancements yet. I'm finding packs of pirates much much harder than in 1.7x, basically "run away" seems the only viable tactic and keep them beyond beam laser range and hope they don't have militaries, because they seem just to not miss at all.

Anyway, I wanted to install my favorite MilHUD, and saw it's not in the managed list, so I have to install it manually. I coped the Oolite-1.80 folder to /Applications, so where does the AddOns directory go?

I tried creating ~/.Oolite/AddOns and copying in MilHUD-v4.0.oxp in there but I don't get the MiliHUD.

Does MilHUD not work yet with 1.80? Or did I install the OXP incorrectly?

Thanks!
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: 1.80, MilHUD, manual OXP installation

Post by Norby »

~/.Oolite/GNUstep/Applications/Oolite/AddOns is another place or you can get an idea from your Latest.log file.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Bogatyr wrote:
It won't support the new features, so OXPs adding waypoints or MFDs won't work with it, and you won't get the compass target label - but everything that was working in 1.77 or earlier should continue to work as before.
Norby wrote:
~/.Oolite/GNUstep/Applications/Oolite/AddOns is another place
Not on a Mac, it won't be. GNUstep is Windows/Linux only.
Norby wrote:
or you can get an idea from your Latest.log file.
This should find it, though. Post the file if you're having difficulty finding the install dir in it.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

cim wrote:
Bogatyr wrote:
It won't support the new features, so OXPs adding waypoints or MFDs won't work with it, and you won't get the compass target label - but everything that was working in 1.77 or earlier should continue to work as before.
Norby wrote:
~/.Oolite/GNUstep/Applications/Oolite/AddOns is another place
Not on a Mac, it won't be. GNUstep is Windows/Linux only.
Norby wrote:
or you can get an idea from your Latest.log file.
This should find it, though. Post the file if you're having difficulty finding the install dir in it.
I can't find Latest.log anywhere. I installed the Oolite-1.80 folder to /Applications/Oolite-1.80, there was no Logs directory, I tried creating it and running Oolite from there again, quit, but no log file was added.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

Bogatyr wrote:
I can't find Latest.log anywhere. I installed the Oolite-1.80 folder to /Applications/Oolite-1.80, there was no Logs directory, I tried creating it and running Oolite from there again, quit, but no log file was added.
If you have Oolite in the Dock, right click on it, you should see Show : screenshots, expansion packs, latest log. Click on latest log to get it.
If Oolite is running the previous logy can be accessed this way or from the Oolite pulldown menu.
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Thanks I would have never found the log otherwise :).
Yes as it turns out it was searching the app's installation location AddOn directory, but for some reason I had not actually copied the .oxp into it. After copying it there Oolite found it and the oxp seems to work! Yay...., thanks!