Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[WIP] The Collector v0.4

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Re: [WIP] The Collector v0.4

Post by hiran »

So I tried to find the collector's base officially now. It seems by closely following the hints and some endurance one can find the base. "It seems" means I went for the spoiler and then set out for the real path so I kind of knew what I had to look for.

The collector offered me one mission, and it took me several attempts to get it done. As soon as I came back from that one! mission I got the message
Well Done! The story will continue in the next version of The Collector.
What? That's it? I mean, it all started so promisingly about Freighter-loads of money all these guys had made. And when I bring one artefact, the whole mission is over? Why do I not want to believe that?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
tsoj
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tsoj »

hiran wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:58 pm
So I tried to find the collector's base officially now.
The way I did it was, after searching three or four stations in the area, I pretended to hack the Galcop database to find the location of The Collector contact (i.e. looking at the oxz script code :P).
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Norby wrote: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:53 pm
Mossfoot made a new story for this mission pack after his Tales of Woe. I enjoyed both so I think you will also. :)

The story is divided into stages like in Gamebooks so your choices affects the story. The current test version contain the first 7 stage, please report any problems. Much more is written by mossfoot already which will be published in the following versions.

Available in the Missions section in oxz manager.
Check [EliteWiki] The Collector's wiki page for more information.
Norby - if you see this, where is the rest of Mossfoot's material? Why not add it to the wiki for future reference - or put it in one of your box accounts?

Hope all's well over there in Hungary!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?